Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

MVP needs a change!

Go down 
+5
Rocky2
C4lum
InvincibleIleak
Junior
the-gaffer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

MVP needs a change! Empty
PostSubject: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:36 pm

I really believe that MVP needs to get out of SMACKDOWN fast, I thought he should stay in the Blue Brand before the draft because I thought he would be an obvious choice with his character to get the much needed push to the main event level.

Lately though it looks like he is further away than ever from getting to the level I think he belongs, not that his performance merited it however with his character and his charisma I think he doesn't need to have this big match to justify his inclusion to that stage.

Monday Night RAW for me is in need of a new face, a big face and MVP for me fits that bill, only Shawn Michaels and Batista are main event level faces with Cena out injured and the Kane and Jericho heel turn and with the return of Orton as well as JBL and the rise of Priceless and Manu and the talented William Regal to good for a bit part role for to long only Punk could be considered good enough for that kind of level so its a big divide!

MVP needs a slight tweak, I like his egotistical style, I don't think he needs to lose that, The Rock never lost it when he turned face 10 years ago and it worked a treat, while I am not foolish enough to compare anyone with The Rock I think it at the very least shows that you don't need to be a baby face to turn from heel and I think it can only be win win all round if RAW could get MVP

I also think they could make it a bit of a storyline with say MVP turning on Vickie and for them to do a whole traitor programme with him and he would need to beat The Big Show to be granted his release, then we could see Adamle and Teddy Long make big plays for him and he could even appear on both shows to test the water before picking the obvious choice on RAW

It would give MVP a great storyline in my opinion and it would also give him a big role in the WWE and it wouldn't have to involve a title for the moment, then it would get him over to a show that could use him better than he is being used at the moment.

Ratings winner in my book!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 pm

GOOD READ MATE CHEERS!!!

Thing in my opinoin is hes just bieng made to look weak against haitch and jeff his turning in to kane and umaga in the sense of jobber to the stars like

Agree that raw is a way for him to make an istant impact.

Code:
Quote :
I also think they could make it a bit of a storyline with say MVP turning on Vickie and for them to do a whole traitor programme with him and he would need to beat The Big Show to be granted his release, then we could see Adamle and Teddy Long make big plays for him and he could even appear on both shows to test the water before picking the obvious choice on RAW

Genius!
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:42 pm

I think before a face turn, which I think the way you've done would work perfectly, he needs to get into a program to get over as a heel, so when a turn finally comes it'll come as a shock

OR

Slowly incorparate more face-ish attitudes into him so that the fans will start turning towards him before a full-on-face turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 pm

They toyed with him as face last year teaming with Hardy, walking out on Hardy before running back and saving him, then at the last PPV they had him team with two baby faces of RAW to fight Priceless and Manu and his VIP lounge with Triple H where they were ripping Edge was for me showing major face tendencies!

He has been so unlucky and its through default, his programme with Matt Hardy was must see until Hardy got injured then there was big plans for him and Kennedy then he goes and gets himself injured, that's two major feuds he has had no control over ending!
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:54 pm

I like the idea but i enjoy him too much as heel, his cocky attitude on the mic reminds of a younger Jericho, i wouldnt mind him as a tweener, trash talking anyone and everyone rather than just the heels or just the faces, i dont care for when a face bumlicks another face, just annoys me.

I agree RAW needs a major face i just dont think it should be MVP

What about a returning Edge? could he do it for RAW?
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:55 pm

It's a shame that MVP pretty much has no choice but to leave Smackdown. At the start of this year, I was sure that he would be the World Heavyweight Champion by the end of the year and we all know he is very far away from that point at the moment.

I do feel MVP has lost his focus. He is slowly becoming like what Carlito was on RAW, un-interested and no bothered. I also think he has done something to piss someone off as I can't even remember the last time he got a clean victory (excluding Tommy Dreamer). I loved his feud with Matt Hardy over the US title. Together, they began to make the US title exciting again and both men were made to look strong.

Since the end of that feud however, he has become almost like a personal jobber to HHH and possibly Jeff.

I do feel he hasn't been trying hard enough lately and I think he is far from his best but like you have said, I think if WWE move him to RAW, it will be a fresh start for MVP and could give him the kickstart he needs to revive his career.

I wanted Kennedy to turn face a few months ago which he did, however we all know how that turned out and I hope to god if MVP does turn face, he doesn't become another Kennedy.

I hope he becomes a tweener and doesn't really care who he fights but acts face in his promos. I think the best way to turn him face is to have Big Show or Vickie put him in a match against the Undertaker after MVP has been asking for his Smackdown contract to be terminated. MVP then narrowly loses to Taker who attacks MVP after the match to send a message to Big Show and Vickie. MVP then disappears for a few weeks before returning and interfereing in a Big Show vs Taker match helping Taker win.

MVP then vows to make Vickie's life hell until she gives him what he wants, to be released from Smackdown. MVP then causes chaos on Smackdown for a number of weeks before like you said Vickie puts him in a match against Big Show in which if MVP wins, he gets a release from his contract. MVP cheats his way to victory and manages to leave Smackdown.

He then cuts a promo on RAW talking about how he is no longer the highest paid athlete on Smackdown, but the highest paid athlete on RAW! Simply Priceless then come out and talk about how they don't have a price, because they are simply priceless. MVP then cuts a promo on them and insults them. Priceless then attack MVP who manages to get some offense in before being outnumbered. Kofi and Punk then make the save creating a Punk, MVP and Kofi vs Priceless feud.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Rocky wrote:
It's a shame that MVP pretty much has no choice but to leave Smackdown. At the start of this year, I was sure that he would be the World Heavyweight Champion by the end of the year and we all know he is very far away from that point at the moment.

I do feel MVP has lost his focus. He is slowly becoming like what Carlito was on RAW, un-interested and no bothered. I also think he has done something to piss someone off as I can't even remember the last time he got a clean victory (excluding Tommy Dreamer). I loved his feud with Matt Hardy over the US title. Together, they began to make the US title exciting again and both men were made to look strong.

Since the end of that feud however, he has become almost like a personal jobber to HHH and possibly Jeff.

I do feel he hasn't been trying hard enough lately and I think he is far from his best but like you have said, I think if WWE move him to RAW, it will be a fresh start for MVP and could give him the kickstart he needs to revive his career.

I wanted Kennedy to turn face a few months ago which he did, however we all know how that turned out and I hope to god if MVP does turn face, he doesn't become another Kennedy.

I hope he becomes a tweener and doesn't really care who he fights but acts face in his promos. I think the best way to turn him face is to have Big Show or Vickie put him in a match against the Undertaker after MVP has been asking for his Smackdown contract to be terminated. MVP then narrowly loses to Taker who attacks MVP after the match to send a message to Big Show and Vickie. MVP then disappears for a few weeks before returning and interfereing in a Big Show vs Taker match helping Taker win.

MVP then vows to make Vickie's life hell until she gives him what he wants, to be released from Smackdown. MVP then causes chaos on Smackdown for a number of weeks before like you said Vickie puts him in a match against Big Show in which if MVP wins, he gets a release from his contract. MVP cheats his way to victory and manages to leave Smackdown.

He then cuts a promo on RAW talking about how he is no longer the highest paid athlete on Smackdown, but the highest paid athlete on RAW! Simply Priceless then come out and talk about how they don't have a price, because they are simply priceless. MVP then cuts a promo on them and insults them. Priceless then attack MVP who manages to get some offense in before being outnumbered. Kofi and Punk then make the save creating a Punk, MVP and Kofi vs Priceless feud.

Rock, love your posts and all that but do you realise in nearly every post you make you end up going on a huge rant about some fantasy sequence? Just an observation lol.

And as for MVP I love the idea of him turning face but keeping that kinda cocky persona. It would be perfect. He can easily pull it off and both brands could do with a genuinely charismatic face character. I think he's already been toned down a bit to slowly get less heat. One thing I don't understand is his miserable recent run where he's almost been jobbing. I reckon this character could do equally well on either show but it is definitely Raw who need it more.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:37 pm

[quote="Discopants"]
Rocky wrote:

Rock, love your posts and all that but do you realise in nearly every post you make you end up going on a huge rant about some fantasy sequence? Just an observation lol.
quote]

taking th piss out o I know what you mean. I try not to but I always seem to come up with, what I think is a good idea which I just have to share with everybody! I do did it for the Taker-Vickie segment at Unforgiven and I turned out to be right so I have decided to carry on giving my predictions for future storylines. lol!
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I dont see why MVP needs to change I just would like him to work a bit more on Promos and have more match time and then we would be grand.

He could end up a Tweener
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 pm

I kinda agree that he needs a change, but Raw is also far to top heavy for him to make that big step up.

Face's:
HBK
Batista
Cena who will be back soon
Punk......lol ok maybe not
Rey Rey

Heel's:
Orton
Jericho
JBL
Kane

I just don't see how he could brake through.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Well my thinking behind it Bazz is that I genuinely believe that they are going to give the strap to Batista in thenext couple of months, to which I am sure a returning Cena whenever that is will have a programme with him that will lead to a big WM blow off, so that kinda tangles the two top faces so it would only really be HBK then like you say Punk and Rey

Bottom line for me though is that MVP is not getting a sniff at all on SMACKDOWN and I genuinely believe RAW needs a charasmatic face and it kills to birds with one stone, I understand why some people want him to stay where he is and stay heel but he has been doing nothing as that kind of character for months now while a change in character and brand would give him and the show a new lease of life IMO
Back to top Go down
pathhh
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
pathhh

Number of posts : 483 Favourite Wrestler : Orton/Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:32 pm

I personally love MVP but I can't see him on RAW.....if they dont use him on smackdown I doubt they will use him RAW because tey hardly use the really great people on RAW anyway....MVP should get the Tag team belts with a partner....then maybe he will be happy
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:22 pm

He was a tag champ for about 6 months with Matt Hardy, that is not the issue and neither is getting him some gold, it is simply using him correctly enough to make people want to care about a character that SHOULD be gold!

I don't think he is actually really great at anything but he is good at a lot of things, he is not a standout although in the proper role his character would become great!

MVP is at a cross-roads in my opinion, I think the WWE know they have gold in him but I just don't think they know how to get the best out of him, my scenario may not be the answer but it would be far more entertaining than anything he has been put into lately!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm

For an MVP storyline that could dominate many parts of a few shows on WWE I would like to see something like this happen!

As the highest paid 'star' in the history of SMACKDOWN! Vickie Geurrero thinks he should start earning his money and puts him in a match with The Undertaker, after losing Vickie tells him he is not worth the cash invested in him to which MVP turns on here and demands his release from the blue brand.

Vickie refuses point blank so MVP for the next few weeks goes on the rampage and with run ins ruins any title match on SMACKDOWN be it the Tag titles, US Titles or the WWE championship so Vickie finally agrees that if he can beat The Big Show at the next PPV he can be granted his release from the company, however if Show beats MVP then he needs to resign his SD contract for basic pay for a 3 year contract!

MVP accepts!

MVP beats Show and is granted his release, then he appears on RAW the next night and Adamle is trying to entice him to the red brand with a big contract and title opportunities, then he appears on ECW the following night with Teddy Long giving him the same choices, after a couple of weeks of him appearing on both shows Chris Jericho with a contract in his hand appears and for one night only offers an open challenge for the WHC title because he is simply the best in the business and can beat anyone in the RAW locker room, MVP appears from the crowd beats Jericho down and signs the contract and in doing so signs on the dotted line for Monday Night RAW!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 8:40 pm

bump for leak
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 8:45 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about this. I just watched Smackdown and it popped into my head.

I can't help but think he might have lost his chance as a main eventer. But if you said he's booked in the main event of house shows then I am probably wrong, but something could go wrong i.e. drugs, injury or a backstage fall out.

I think he could become another Benjamin/Carlito/Kennedy on Raw, just lost in the shuffle, unless WWE are prepared to go on a all out push to the main event level, maybe even out-of-the-blue like Punk.

I think a face turn could work, but I would rather that happen on Smackdown and then after a big push in which he loses to the world champion he moves to Raw to carry on this push.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 8:47 pm

I think a face turn would have maximum impact if he did it on RAW out of the blue, like confronting Jericho or another big name heel like Orton
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 8:51 pm

Also you say something could go wrong (drugs, injury or politics) well that could be said about anyone and everyone in the buisness, look at the rise of CM Punk in 2008, he has always had the talent although its not something I was interested in seeing however he only got his big break because the golden boy of the WWE Jeff Hardy made yet another cock up!

Who knows what will happen, but for now the plans are for him to be main eventing so that for me would suggest a push
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MVP needs a change!   MVP needs a change! Empty

Back to top Go down

MVP needs a change!
Page 1 of 1