Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS Empty
PostSubject: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 am

So, again TeeNay Wrassslin' deliver's at a PPV. I felt, going into this PPV, it was going to be good giving all the stories, rivalrys etc, and to top that off, the return of The Steel Asylum (great match, again) and Mick Foley 'enforcing' the inring return of Double J. A quick run down of how thing's went down and thought'sw on the matches and everything else...

Well apparently their was a dark match to start thing's off in Chi-Town, Eric Young (as himself) and that chick Kong whooped (who actually, interestingly enough, is contracted to OVW) Sojourner Bolt vs. Lance Hoy... um, Rock and Christe Hemme. Im mentioning this because when Kong was whooping all these chick's abit ago, a number came from Team 3D's wrestling school aswell as a few from OVW, Im thinking could TeeNay, now that WWE have ceised working relation's with OVW, could start something similar to what WWE had, or maybe even a few cross promotional matches down the line? Anyway....

The Steel Asylum made it's return to TNA in another spectacal, with Jay Lethal defeating Sonjay Dutt, The Motorcity Mchine Guns, Petey Williams, The Prince Justice Brotherhood, Johnny Devine and Jimmy Rave. A great match despite as it went on I only ever saw a possiblity of 3 people winning, one being Jay Lethal, the other's, Sonay Dutt and Petey Williams.

Kinda hard going into it and picking a winner BEFORE the match started however, not knowing for deffinet the participant's, but as they were introduced it was only going to be one of those, I mean MCMG's have been on a losing streak as of late, Rave and Devine, same, it wouldn't be right having such a great event, not ruined, but sullied by having one of the gimmick trio coming out top's, so it was only going to be one of those three.

Great action from the get go, a number of great spot's, and a big arse suplex, I think it was 4 people suplexing 3 or something, looked as good as it could've without botching lol. a GREAT finish too, Devine going up looking like he could get it, getting stopped by Dutt who intuen get's hung out by Lethal after hooking his leg's round the structure and going ape on his former best mate, leaving to hang as Lethal finally make's it out the Asylum for a well deserved victory and X Division title shot.

Six Person Tag, now bar getting to look at Velvet Sky and Traci Brooks for abit there was only one thing I 'liked' about this, Rhyno is back where he belong's, in shit matches with Kute Kip. Made me feel abit better anyway Razz nothing really important about this match, but feck me that Raka Khan got some leggage bout her eh?

Moving on, The X Division Title Match was not too bad seeing as it didn't interest me in the slightest, not a fan of the Yank pride shit nor the terrorist shit, thought it was good them shouting out that soldier though. Good start, abit of a letdown as it went on, Creed is capable but Davairi, though he make's a good heel, but should he be in the X Division?

Next up The 3 Way For The Knockout Title Awesome Kong vs. Roxxi Levaux vs. Taylor Wilde, dont get me wrong, Roxxi and Kong alway's put on great matches, but this Taylor Wilde, not feeling her one bit (though I would, if yas get me...), didn't pay too much attention but the finish had me thinking that Roxxi was only there for Taylor to keep the belt 'realistically' without going through Kong. Kong should start fighting the bloke's or leave TNA, she is such a great monster and a great worker but it is just too unrealistic her losing every chance at the K.O. belt, having her against the bloke's would atleast make her look credible, oh and drop Saheed (or w/e) and get Cheerleader Mellisa out is what I say. Smile

The Monsters Ball for The TNA Tag Titles What can we say about this match that hadn't been said about Heroshima? It was bombed out, depleted and the furniture was all over the fuckin' place, and on fire Very Happy Some great action, abit miffed Abyss didn't do much, weapon wise, his therapist must be good is all Im sayin'. WTF was Mongo there for? To play catch with Beer Money? Fuck outta here Mongo. Didn't know how to ref at all, slow count's and everything.

Next Christian Cage vs. AJ Styles vs. Booker T AJ was the stand out here, even though all three were great. This really should've been billed as the third main event imo. Aj was impressing as ever. Going into this match, it was really built up well, Cage belting AJ this past week an all, and that kinda was how the match was opened, AJ ready fro Cage then Booker cutting him off, then Cage leaving 'em to it. Good spot's inc. that sommersault from AJ to Cage which looked like it was going to go the opposite way to Booker who was in the ring, the Pelle that AJ pulled off to Booker while coming off Cage looked well good, the finish looked abit sloppy though, the top rope was Cage, Booker (who'd been up there like 5 minute's) and AJ all fighting then Cage (all the time looking like he was gonna fall flat on his arse) got AJ around to the Unprettier from the top, leaving Booker open to drop the axe kick on Cage from the top. Still top notch action from three of the best, and Booker really aint past it, watch again.

Jarret and Angle, 'GRUDGE MATCH' Great build up going into this '2nd main event' and Foley added to it quite nicely. Started off slow as hell, found myself drifting as Kurt was just fucking with Double J. Picked up a little, comes down to ankle lock vs figure four. Kurt missed a nice moonsault. Ref bump, in come's Foley, abit quick, then a VICIOUS chair shot by Angle to Foley, felt it for him. Then one for Jarret, in come's Foley with 'The Sock' (not Socko, the Sock) and Mandible Clawed Angle and passed him onto Jarret. In this match I saw a few move's I aint seen since mid to late '90's, the attomic drop, a pile driver (attempt) and so on, felt like an old school bout at time's. Good match.

TNA Title, Sting vs. Samoa Joe Again, GREAT build up to this match. And started out magnificent, both guy's going all the way round the crowd, even at one point had Joe vaulting onto Sting on a set of stair's, which really had me in awe, honestly, WTF moment right there, and this was like 5 minute's into the match. That shit would never happen at WWE! ALOT coulda gone wrong but it looked great.

Joe dominated much of the match and looked like he was set to get the 'W', and, as Gaffer reported, The BFG special guest, Kevin Nash was back stage, not seen since his contract disspute it was reported that he wouldn't be on TV untill he signed a new one, guess that was bollock's or he did sign a new one.

The only bad thing I can think of at this time regarding this match was the no seeling of each other's finisher's, Sting did the Muscle Buster on Joe, he got straight back up, and like 2 minute's later, Joe did the Death Drop on Sting, he got back up straight away. Didn't see the point of no selling YOUR OWN MOVE, but regardless, great match and for a 3rd time Sting regain's the TNA World Title at Bound For Glory, due to a bat to the back of Samoa Joe, courtesy Big Kev.

Overall this was another great TNA PPV, and even the iMPACT!'s are really good alately, hope this keep's up, not WWE level yet but every good show help's.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:01 pm

Just got through watching this, and it was a great PPV. Match of the night has to go to Angle vs Jarrett, who told a fantastic story in the ring, and like you said it had an old school feel to it. Joe vs Sting was pretty damn good too, but was let down by the highly predictable ending, with Sting getting another win at BFG. Monster's Ball was highly entertaining too, although I was hoping that Abyss would snap at some point in the match and just start laying out everyone. Worst match was the shitty 6 person tag, although I have to disagree with you that Rhino's place is working with crap like Kip, when given decent workers, Rhino can put on some great matches.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:44 pm

I dont know, never been sold on The War Machine, alway's seemed like the type of guy to be 'the back up', if ya get me, like during the TLC saga, Edge and Christian's run in buddy/ enforcer.

Suited him much better than the 'recovering alcoholic' shit he was doing, and then coming back lingering around the main event fued's, just seemed refreshing having him down the pecking order for abit, but I do think that was abit harsh lol, maybe belong's just above Kip lol, maybe around BG Laughing

But tbf Il give him his dues, that Elevation X match with AJ a couple of year's ago was amazing, I just never see it that often from him though, and that spear, sorry, GORE, is just way over sold at time's.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 11:57 pm

Aw come on, you gotta love the full rotation sell of the gore! It makes the move look that much more devastating. I agree he's not really maint event quality, but I'd definitely say he's upper midcard along with the likes of James Storm and Robert Roode, occasionally getting involved in the top tier fueds.
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:47 pm

what a great ppv

i like the monsters ball the most, team 3d are the real masters of extreme innit?

I also like Matt Morgan he has something but i dont know what lol

overall a very good ppv, better then wwe's last 2 or 3
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 pm

I havent watched it all yet still got the last three matches to go and ive got two hours of ICT tomorrow so ill have seen it all by then.

The steel asylum was a nice match with good spots and a lot of quality X Divsion action. Glad Macheesmo (sp) won, hes great in the ring even with a poor gimmick. MCMG proved again that they should be headlining the Tag Division putting in a great display.

The six person tag match was actually quite good. By no means was it PPV of the year standard but none the less it was a decent match. Nothing special to comment about apart from to tell ODB to stop touching her bum and boobs during matches!

The X Division title match had a nice start with the war vetran guy coming out got, which lead to a face paced start to the match with Creed looking good. Bashir is no where near Champion status and in no way is what the X Division is about. Creed is one for the future and looked good in a match where he couldnt really use his speed and flying ability.

Skipped the Womens match.

The monsters ball was a fantastic match, nice hoardcore match although the special ref kinda ruined it by being shit then playing American Football with Beer Money Inc halfway through! Some really good spots here, definatly hardcore match of the year and id recommend it to anyone.

Ill insert the rest in here later...

MaFish good post and a good read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 6:01 pm

asylum-class motor city machine guys deserve a push shame devin has left .jimmy rave has potential all round classey

six person tag i waas barely paying attention to as i was eating bacon rolls Smile plural Very Happy

x divison match started off promisngly sloopy towards end and shite finish

knockout title- i think TW is just a shiter version of michelle give roxxi the title as for kogn shes good but only so much you can do wwf old hardcore divison would of been funy as fook for her

monstersballs hard to watch cause of watching the pre-watershed so kept showign crowd for every weapon attack . where was 3ds old friend ? I MEAN WTF.hANG ON JUST READ MAFISHES REPORT THERE WAS FIRE!!!!!! they ksipped that out :@ someone find me the monsters ball video on spao and ill make love to you Smile

jareet angle = average

main event =skipped cbb lol

it was ok .
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 6:23 pm

ushitteyk cut out half the fucking match :@

Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 8:24 pm

I thought it was over all a very decent PPV, and if you skipped AJ/ Cage/ Booker then you missed out on a great match. same forthe 'main event' it was good, worth watching anyway, Impact's decent this week too... Il prob do a thread...
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:03 pm

watche dtriple threat aye it was class
ill watch impact at 9 or 10 or w/e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS   Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS Empty

Back to top Go down

Bound For Glory IV SPOILERS
Page 1 of 1