Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Jeff Hardy: Good Example?

Go down 
+5
tim157
desert_dude1985
macclads
bazz23-v2 ®™
Discopants
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Jeff Hardy: Good Example? Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Before I start I'm not referring to his personal stuff like suspensions and his habit of roasting dogs but he's a good example of what I'm on about.

It's really annoying me at the moment that so many young superstars are moaning about there position in WWE. I know Carlito, Kennedy and MVP have all been reportedly unhappy with their current position (i.e. they want a push). To me, that's possibly one of the most arrogant and ungrateful things possible. Both Kennedy and MVP are TV regulars and are firmly wedged in the mid-card, the perfect position for a push should WWE think that's the right direction to go. It isn't there choice at all and if they feel they do deserve it then at least be professional and keep it to yourself.

But these men have no grounds to feel aggrieved. Like I said, they've been in WWE programming regularly which is something 99% of wrestlers who don't make it would gladly give their left testicle for. They have at least six figures a year too. But what really grinds my axe is the length of time they've been here. Compared to some, they've been here seconds which brings me to Hardy.

He's been here for over 10 years now and has been working his heiny off for every second of it. Love him or hate him you have to say he's a good worker and has taken a canny few risks in his time. Yet he has never won the main title despite being in and around the title picture for a good few years, long before Kennedy and MVP were about anyway. You could say the same for Matt too, but even now he's still nowhere near the title and probably never will be but do these two whine on?

These younger people have to work and work some more and stop believing their own hype. It isn't them who decides when they should be pushed or not (and never should be, WCW anyone?). Pisses me off when people are in such privileged positions yet feel the need to moan still.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Sunny wrote:
Before I start I'm not referring to his personal stuff like suspensions and his habit of roasting dogs.

lol!

I can't really add anything to this to be honest, because I 100% agree with everything you said.

I think some parts of the IWC are partly to blame for some of this, some guy has half decent mic skills(Kennedy) or has a few half decent matches(MVP) and suddenly its cream you're pants time from the IWC, "he should be main eventing" or "he needs a push NOW!!!!!!!"

What ever happened to a slow build?? earning your stripes?

They all seam to expect a style Cena push. Grr
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Jeff Hardy: Good Example? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:13 pm

Bret Hart took 8 years
HHH took 5 years
HBK took 7 years.

If the likes of MVP thinks he deserves it he should look how long those three took.
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:09 pm

amen to that. back in the day (10-15 years ago) it was all about the build. ur right bret hart was in the hart foundation and intercontinetal picture for a long while before he managed to get to the top title. so as has been said....people shud loose the ego....because if theres one thing vince dusnt want..its another few egos the size of his running thier mouths round the wwe.
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Country : Jeff Hardy: Good Example? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:05 am

i agree wit you to and i think a guy like jeff hardy deserves a push he gives more than many do and risk everything for this same goes for matt i think
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:40 am

Jeff and Matt love wrestling, they don't care where they are on the card or how fast the're being pushed as long as the're wrestling.
Kennedy and MVp probably see it as a job and nothing more, they don't do it because they love it, they do it because they can do it and it pays good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 am

I can't believe that. Nearly every one in wrestling grew up loving it other wise you just wouldn't do it. With the exception of ex-footballers and other novelties like that I'd be surprised if there's one wrestler who doesn't love it. It's something you wouldn't do unless you were interested in it.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:56 am

Yeah, but MVP and Kennedy won't love it as much as The Hardyz.
Back to top Go down
Derty Sket
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
Derty Sket

Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 am

Who told you that leak?

It is simply because they don't express it as much as the hardy's do! It is only because WWE have portraited The hardy'z as two kids growing in the environment surrounded by wrestling shows that is watching wrestling every monday night and watching every ppv!

Every wrestler need to love wrestling to do what they are doing now!

Last edited by wannabe on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 am

you would have to be mental to not love it but wrestle.

agree totaly with you disco.

Its a shame though the most recent quick push has been for sons of legends though. Gives out a bad signal.

BUT as they say, people have to pay there dues.

MVP will probably be pushed slightly sooner than some due to his age but hes only been in the wwe for a year or so, maybe 1 n a half?
Back to top Go down
Derty Sket
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
Derty Sket

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:13 am

As for Kennedy and MVP complaining about their push,like macca said, just look at past and current glorious wrestlers that is HBK, Hart and HHH!

The Hardy'z have been here for more that 10 years and they need to get the push they deserve, any tom, dick and harry can't come and say I got better mic skills, I am a better heel and get a push!

Cena's push was due to a massive response from the crowd mostly from the 10-12 segment of the market!

On the other hand, you can't blame them for complaining either! Just look at guys who got pushed in the past! The biggest fluke of them is Batista, who most of us don't like for many reasons, A) No mic skills and B) Not a great repertoire of wrestling moves! and blah blah, everyone knows about the habitual rant!

But MVP is a talented guy with good mic skills and let say an average repertoire, a great heel and can even get a response from the crowd! Maybe he just disappointed because of the fact that other guys who were less talented than him got a push faster than him!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:48 pm

NO!

Cena got his push because he got over with almost EVERYONE as a chav rapper, the kids shit came later.

Didn't Batista say he didn't love wrestling? it was just another job to him? he may like the fame/money/poon, but the actual wrestling?
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:53 pm

I can also see why MVP and Kennedy are a bit annoyed, recent additions to the main event have been Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge and Punk, and other than Edge and Orton, the other three had only been there for a year or so.

Batista won the tag team championships then was put in the main event.
Cena won the U.S. Championship then main event.
Punk won the ECW Championship then main event.

Kennedy and MVP have both won the U.S. title and MVP the tag as well so maybe they feel since recent times this means they deserve a push?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Getting the US title so early IS THE PUSH, look at Cena, got a push to the US tile and ran with it, got himself over BIG, and was then pushed to the main event.

Not everything can be handed to them on a silver platter.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

I know that it doesn't mean they have the divine right to be pushed but I can see it from their point of view.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:07 pm

I can't though, so if you wanna enlighten me please feel free because I honestly don't get it.

They had there push and failed to run with it, Kennedy was given a feud with Taker and HBK for fuck sake, if that's not being given the chance to shine then I don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Kennedy has also blown his best chances, all I see is that they've seen people do the same and so they think they should be able to too.

I think it's a stupid point of view but I can see how they see it
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Well maybe he needs a reality check, he's been give more than one opportunity to pick up the ball and he failed.

^^^^I'm talking about Kennedy, not MVP, because he's been given real opportunities to shine, where as MVP hasn't really. His booking has been shit.
Back to top Go down
Derty Sket
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
Derty Sket

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:20 pm

I agree with you that Kennedy missed his chance! He messed up with that Vince McMahon storyline and his feuds with Undertaker and HBK!

But that is not the case for MVP who we can say worked hard, agree that the push can be the US title so logically the World Heavyweight title was next! But no, there was a continuous feud between Undertaker and edge for it and then the draft! Why CM Punk got it in the silver plate???? Agree that he was a great wrestler but MVP and even Jeff Hardy were heading in the queue!

Edit: Agree with you that MVP had to face harsh decisions and ignore the above!
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:21 pm

MVP has got a lot more over than Kennedy as well but WWE have always had eyes for Kennedy, they saw him as someone they could mould into their style and he looks, sounds and has a similar in-ring styyle as Cena, maybe its time for WWE to have a reality check and push people who look good and sound good and are over i.e. MVP.
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:28 pm

I think Jeff is definitely a good example. Matt would be an even better example, but unfortunately Matt only gets to compete for the title nobody in WWE cares aout, except Mark Henry.

Jeff Hardy and Kennedy are pretty similar when it comes to fuck-ups. Both were in for huge pushes, and both blew it away with wellness policy violations. But where Jeff picked himself up again and reinserted himself into main event status, Kennedy chose to be a whiny bitch about it. I really believe work ethics is the only difference here: Jeff saw that he made a mistake, and Kennedy decided to mope about it.

I think all these issues with spoiled superstars who think they deserve a push after their first year started way before Cena. I would like to throw a Lesnar into the discussion, and possibly a Lashley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy: Good Example?   Jeff Hardy: Good Example? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hardy: Good Example?
Page 1 of 1