Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

'Takers WM Streak in Question...

Go down 
+6
Miguel
boschbourne06
the-gaffer
bazz23-v2 ®™
InvincibleIleak
MaFish
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

'Takers WM Streak in Question... Empty
PostSubject: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:15 pm

The subject of The Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak was discussed during booking meetings this past week. The idea of someone beating The Undertaker has always been talked about as a way to establish a new Superstar and not something they would do for an established Superstar, but the general feeling is that Taker would never lose at WrestleMania. Vince McMahon is opposed to the idea but feels if it’s done, it has to be with a guy everyone agreed was a sure thing. Vince doesn’t want to waste something that big on a “maybe” guy.

A lot of names have been discussed as to who could break the streak but Ted DiBiase was the most talked about and Vince came out very high on him. It’s not something WWE feels could be done next year but it was brought up as a potential angle for a few years down the line if DiBiase turns out how they want him to. They want DiBiase to be the next Randy Orton, but without some of the problems that have came along with Orton.

There is an idea for a long-term storyline that would have Ted and The Undertaker feud, bringing up that it was Ted’s father, DiBiase Sr. that storyline introduced The Undertaker to the WWF. For those who don’t know, The Undertaker made his official debut with WWE at the Survivor Series 1990, as a surprise member of DiBiase’s Million Dollar Team.
----------------------------------

Do you guy's think Deeber's will be over enough come WM in 7-8 month's? Be good to see how they build young DiBiase up IF this does happen.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:22 pm

I don't think DiBase will be over enough then unless they try and push him down our throats, I'd much rather if they were to do it to propel someone to main event to have someone who at the moment is in between upper and mid-card now, Morrison perhaps?

Another thing, I'd much rather Undertaker be heel when he finally goes, have him create absoloute hell around WWE beating random people up, loads of supernatural stuff etc. then a upper mid-carder face comes along and says he'll step up to the task and he'll take out, and I still think this could apply to Morrison, maybe he could have only just turned face a couple of weeks back and he feels this is his chance to prove himself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:35 pm

He won't be over enough in 7-8 months, according to that they are talking about the WM after anyway, and I think that's enough time to build him without *random response#1773979393933*(shoving him down our throats).

I don't wanna see Deebers on smackdown and neither do I really wanna see Taker on Raw.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:43 pm

If it were to happen with DiBase I would much rather have him on SD and I would much rather it be the WM after this one.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Christian Cage
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Cage is 34 so is not exactly young, I just don't think he needs something like that where as others would do better to use this as leverage, Christian, I think could get there on his own.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 pm

vince changed his mind at the last second on if takers streak would end on mark henry and batista
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Miguel
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:20 pm

they cant do that i dont think unless taker becomes hated and its against a clear crowd favourite
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
vince changed his mind at the last second on if takers streak would end on mark henry and batista

I really don't think thats true, especially not Henry. Mark Henry was there for Undertaker to show how strong he was and the fact that both had lost a world title match so needed something to do at WM.

Source where you got this informaton from?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 am

Christian is good enough to get there on his own however after the way he was treated last time around it's highly possible that he could be charged with the responsibility of ending Takers run, anyways 34 ain't that old, not when you consider a guy like Cage would be at the top for another 10 years, anyway I have already seen guys list wrestlers like Kane, Michaels, Triple H and Batista as possible guys to end it, all of which are well older than Cage and already established main event level guys in the WWE
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:37 am

I think if they were going to end the streak I would have guessed it would have been Kane, it seems to fit into both of their whole careers and would be a nice way to go out, but since I read this I think they want someone younger and someone that hasn't quite hit their prime yet, something Cage has.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 pm

How can you say Kane though after your big reply about Cage?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 12:55 pm

I think Cage has hit prime, but not WWE prime, and I also don't think Vince would give it up to a 'nearly' man, Cage isn't what I would call a nearly man but a 'should be man' and he is the type I think who would benefit and be able to deal with it.

There are not anyone who is around at the moment who could do it that would propel them, none that could be classed as credible within the next 7 months anyway, Morrison is a star in the making, but he would surely need a main event run before just turning up and trumping the Taker, same with Di Biase or even CM Punk
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 12:56 pm

in a word no i dont think wwe can ge deebes over in enouh time i say keep him as a string tag team partner to at least round wrestlemania then maybe break away and come WM26 he can be IC/Maineventing especially ashe is really young why quickly rush it build him up gradually IMO
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Thats what I am getting at, if they are looking to make the next WrestleMania the one where The Undertaker loses then who could it be if its not an established WWE star?

Morrison ? NO not enough time to build him up despite the natural look ability and charisma

Di Biase ? NO WAY IN HELL, as good as he could be, he is far to raw to just be given that kind of platform

CM Punk ? If anyone then it could be this guy, but even then for me WrestleMania is not long enough away for him to be considered that next step up

So who do you have left apart from the established unit of stars like Michaels, Triple H, Orton, Cena or Kane

That is why my preferred choice would be Christian Cage, what an incentive that would be to resign with the WWE and what a way to prove they are willing to give him the right push this time around.

The only other guy I could see that would benefit from this is Chris Jericho
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:08 pm

I think the're talking about WM 26 and not 25, Morrison and Punk will definatley be over by that point in my opinion, where as Cage will be nearing 36 and I feel it would be a bit pointless to use Cage at that age, where as pushing someone just about to hit 30 would e excellent as then you have at least 10 years of him at his prime and then probably to carry on a bit after.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 pm

i wouldnt be suprised one tiny little bit if they fucked up big time as it were and went for Cena or batista and i can see a lo of people bieng annoyed at that Imo itll be better in long term for undertaker to keep his winning streak.
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Leak this is not football manager though, you are far to concerned with age, far to concerned!

This is entertainment, I doubt they will hold back a guy merely on age, when you look at the level of performance HBK and Triple H can still muster up as well as The Undertaker himself I believe if your good enough it should not matter, if you want to have a guy around 30 then you could very well be talking Cena or Orton
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:22 pm

But Cena and Orton are already over, I would rather WWE start pushing younger guys through so that we have people in the main event for years, how old was Micheals when he got pushed, around 30 I'm guessing.

I do think Christian deserves a push but just not this way.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Cage is not even in the WWE.

Lets have AJ styles end it........wait
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Ahhhhhhh he will be Bazz, the rumour mill is already picking up!

Anyway its only who could be seen to end it, speculation is speculation
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:41 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
But Cena and Orton are already over, I would rather WWE start pushing younger guys through so that we have people in the main event for years, how old was Micheals when he got pushed, around 30 I'm guessing.

I do think Christian deserves a push but just not this way.

Well he was 29 when he won his first Royal Rumble however he first main evented a PPV at Survivor Series 92 when he was 27
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:49 pm

I think that's the best time to be pushed, right before you hit your prime which is 30-35, but Christian is already in his prime I think the're are people who need this more than Christian.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : 'Takers WM Streak in Question... UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Being that Vince is hot on the Truth at present and wants him to be pushed to the top whats to stop him getting the nod.

Of anyone though it'll be Trips. His ego wouldnt allow anyone else.
Back to top Go down
gongkid06
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Kane should break Taker's streak. Not anyone else. Two brothers beatin each other up at Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Takers WM Streak in Question...   'Takers WM Streak in Question... Empty

Back to top Go down

'Takers WM Streak in Question...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next