Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Country : The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 England-1

Number of posts : 13076

The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 am

Here we go...

WWE TLC

Pre Show:

Everything has changed so we get the Kurt Angle story video packages and talk about AJ being loaned for one night only.

They cut an advertised Drew Gulak power point presentation for time! How dare they!? Instead he has a walk on with his megaphone and shows why he should be next in line for the title (other than the obvious reason that he is an excellent wrestler with his own unique style) he can cut a good promo and gets good heat even with a silly gimmick, and more importantly he makes me laugh while doing it. He just kept talking over everything while they try to cut him off some more haha. Great instincts reacting to those he was with. Give him more rope to work with.

Some backstage stuff with Elias who wants to be on the show. Setting up a confrontation with Jordan, obviously. Thankfully we know that Jordan is being kept away from  the main event so won’t get booed to shit.

Sasha vs Foxy. The women have good wrestling matches, and proper wrestling matches with psychology, especially in one on ones. This one was better than a usual pre show affair, and Foxy is taking her chance while she can. I’m glad crazy (don’t call her crazy) Alicia is back and having actual matches.

Main Show:

Emma vs Asuka! The crowd go ape shit crazy. So they should. Asuka has more swagger than Shinsuke, and you get the feeling she may be used more effectively too after WWE has learned from previous mistakes. Asuka and Emma have a good even match, which I’m honestly happy about. It was clear that she was going to be a huge babyface as soon as Emma got some offence and if she is going to be that much of a babyface she needs adversity to overcome. I had in mind that if she was going to be more of a heel or murky character she would lose and then go mental on Raw. Again the women wrestle a wrestling match, Emma looks great, Asuka was presented like a huge star, but will still have to earn her spot on Raw. It felt more organic than when they did a similar thing with Nakamura, I guarantee she will have stood out to casual fans as special, and she even survived the Michael Cole kiss of death “Asuka loves to have fun in the ring” just stop.

Cruiserweight something match. I love Kendrick, but something about how this was presented (on the main card) made me not care to pay attention, probably because the babyface is Alexander and I have not seen anything to make me care about what happens to him, on top of it having no real meaning or consequences, especially if you don’t watch 205. Apparently this was a good match though, so I may go back and watch purely as a match. (obviously it was bound to be a good match, but this is a main card match that has been built on the network only show, so my lack of investment was fully warranted)

Women’s championship. Again not fully focused, although I’ve liked Mickie and Bliss in the build up. Mickie proving that overall Raw has a good women’s division with a lot of options, maybe too many, because it’s not often you get 3 matches in one night. Perhaps this has helped prove to management you don’t need cluster fuck 5 and 6 women matches to get people on the card though. There IS value in various singles matchups. Post match interview was a nice, passionate ‘wrestler speaking to wrestling fans moment’ we like when talent gets used in a way that lets them show their talents more, but no one actually thinks she’s past it anyway lol. That's why it’s worked. the heel was made to look stupid, but still sneaked a win.

Cruiserweight title match. Sorry, don’t care now. Enzo winning at least means they can go back to him being the bragging dick. Kalisto winning on Raw, no idea why they bothered. Keep Enzo as the cunt who won’t let go of his title until someone can match his Mic work, or at least get over. You’re all good wrestlers, just get in some promo classes! Promo while you lift weights and train, promo before bed, promo when renting your car. Just fucking practise speaking or being larger than life in some way, shape or form (if you can already wrestle please learn the other stuff because it's clear that this division won't ever be pushed as legit combat)

AJ vs Finn Balor. At this point I’m paying attention. I am set to enjoy it for what it is, an unlikely meeting of two of the best, The two former leaders of Balor’s ‘Notorious Club’ (nothing to do with Connor McGregor, just WWE being very WWE) I liked how they explained it with AJ being offered a match and accepting it for the chance to fight someone he regards as on his level for pure competition. It was competitive, hard hitting, heavy bumping, and compelling, ridiculous travel, showing up to work someone you’ve never worked and knocking it out of the park at a globaly televised PPV. Give AJ anything that he so desires. Jesus. The Raw talent had to win, it was A Raw PPV, and they did it in a classy way without a silly finish. AJ lost, but he can one day have a rematch on an even playing field. And if it’s moments that make legendary careers, than a shared embrace from two guys who you could class as the ‘Ultimate Bullet Club’ is just too sweet.

Various Elias segments. All better than the eventual match, but that is because they were the buffer before the main event. Been saying for a while I’m liking how they use Elias, he is getting insanely good at getting sustained heat. If his in ring psychology can one day match how he slows down a promo segment just as the boos peak to really wind people up he will be an all time great.

Cheer Jordan, damnit! he’s got vegatables now! VEGETABLES! What more do you people want?

I have no idea where you can buy a cart full of vegetables whilst decked out in green spandex pants, no shirt and baby oil, but Jordan found a way. Maybe this is his break out moment...

*waves awkwardly to crowd and exits stage*

(kcufre)T(su)LC. The Shield w/Captain America without his flag gimmick vs the monsters among barmen.  

I don't even know where to begin. I’m not going to hate on it, it was always going to be just that. And after watching Kurt tumble out of the ring on get stuck on top of his head I’m just glad everyone survived. or did they?... I thought there might be some special effects blood smearing down the trash truck as it compacted Braun into a tiny cube. But also thought that would be going too far, but then again when in Rome...

The match irself went a little like this:

Kurt had a tactical vest and a huge goofy smile

“Braun is going to make Kane regret that he ever returned... oh shit I meant Angle” ...

Kurt broke his frickin neck

Kane accidentally hit Braun

Braun turned on Kane for ten seconds

The tables turned on Ambrose (cameras missed a good shot of him laughing it off and begging for more punishment to save face for the bar)

A Trash truck arrived and a, ahem, camera shy trash man/switch operator for an upcoming stunt chilled out for a bit guarding said switch in the background totally in awe (or not) of the brutal action that unfolded right before his eyes

Kane turned on Braun with a chokeslam “well, Kane is not a team player. Is he? He’s helping the team again. Was that the line we were supposed to save for Braun?” he definitely wanted to still get the shield, anyway...

Kane buried Braun alive, but there was no dirt so he used chairs (buried alive match now?)

“OMG how is he still moving... Braun is done! he isn’t moving!”

Braun, moving now, got up turned on everyone and then died in the trash compactor.

Kurt Angle came back and destroyed everyone with a broken frickin neck

Olympic Shield Bomb

The end.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Must admit I was only interested in Finn, auska and TLC matches. Finn v AJ was ok. Held stuff back. Hopefully a future fued between the two. I felt Emma got too much offence in. I would of possibly made this a squash match just to show how dominant a person who is undefeated can be.

I didn't enjoy the TLC match, and I can't really explain why.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Mackem wrote:

I didn't enjoy the TLC match, and I can't really explain why.

Because it was a huge overbooked turd pie?

I get why you and probably alot of others think that about Asuka, but for me Asuka doesn't need to squash anyone, being undefeated can be more than just destroying everyone. It's just you take your chance to win when it comes. Looking back they even referenced that with the Sun Tzu quotes. Put yourself beyond the possibility of defeat and then wait for the opportunity to to defeat your enemy.

It means we get good matches that hold fans attention too. More time to show that certain women are better than half the roster any way. A squash would not give them the time they deserve
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Asuka: don't need to add anything else really, enjoyed the match, it did everything it needed to. And women are equal, divas revolution, blah blah blah but Emma really does have a lovely arse.

205 Live tag: my shout for match of the night. Really well worked, Alexander looked great and his finisher is awesome. Kendrick did the wily vet stuff, Gallagher wrestling in dress shoes and waistcoat was great. Even Rich Swann was barely tolerable, and I usually find him annoying as hell.

Bliss vs James: happened. I'm not keen on the post match in ring promo thing though, listening to someone hugely out of breath wheezing about the fans isn't going to stop me from having a wee.

AJ vs Balor: Balor best WWE match, by some distance. Raw guy had to win on the Raw PPV, and I still can't figure out how Balor's finisher works without breaking ribs.

MAKE AJ THE WWE CHAMP NOW PLEASE!!!!

Enzo is a guy I couldn't see as a heel, but dear Lord, he just gets it. Very happy he's got the title back, and hoping he faces Alexander soon.

Main event: involved Miz being Miz, Strowman being murdered, the biggest goofy grin I've seen in an entrance since Zack Ryder at Mania. An overbooked cluster fuck of a match, but I loved it. And I've no idea why!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 am

Grecian wrote:

MAKE AJ THE WWE CHAMP NOW PLEASE!!!!  

The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 Promo334392325

First time the world title has changed hands outside of North America cheers"

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 9:37 pm

So, in Raw happenings, without a PPV on the red side until February...

Balor's supposed match with Lesnar at the Rumble is off. Which begs the question of who Lesnar will face. He's beaten Strowman, Joe, I'm assuming they're keeping Reigns for the Rumble... so one of Rollins? Ambrose? Sheamus Cesaro? Wyatt?

Matt Hardy finally appears to be Broken (or Awoken). It'll be awesome for about a week, until WWE Creative gets their claws into it.

Paige returned, Asuka killed Dana Brooke, Strowman's a face, and it's the most wonderful time of the year. The run up to the Rumble!
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 am

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 am

First indications are he'll be facing Bray Wyatt.

This is going to be shit, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 6:35 pm

^^^ that looks like a good prediction.

So after Cena put Balor over the top rope in the Rumble it was obviously Cena's turn to go over on Raw. That seems like the right way round to do it.

In kayfabe Elias now has more chance at getting to the main event of Wrestlemania than Balor Smile (I'm sure they have plans for Finn, but still)

Elimination Chamber currently has Strowman, Elias, Cena with 3 more to come. And Strowman has buried Kane alive again (when is the buried alive match. Seriously now, come on lol)
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm not sure they have got plans for Finn! As with so many others, WWE have no idea what to do with him.

Good to see Elias getting into a headline spot though, I didn't think he'd do anywhere near as well as he has since leaving NXT.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Yeah same. I loved the potential of the character on tv. And hes kept up momentum with it. Always entertaining and tweaking to get the reaction. But he had some stinkers of matches in NXT. I really quite liked his match with Roman on Raw last month or whenever it was, and his physicality is good. Definitely earned a spot.

Simple booking for Balor. And it starts with the booking of Cena...

Cena is part time and doesn't need to be in EC. Have Balor destroy him and take his spot. Then bring Cena back for Mania to face Balor in a match he said he wanted years ago anyway.

They need to go all in on this Balor club thing and show more on tv and maybe gave the recruitment of more talent on tv otherwise kids and casuals still won t get wtf it even is

The money WWE could make if they did it right. One day you could then stick Rousey in the club and really get crazy. Make it cool so it makes sense for it to exist in wwe. Or scrap it

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread   The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ongoing Raw-specific PPV thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4