Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Te 'What if' Thread

Go down 
+2
randy-poffo
Mackem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Te 'What if' Thread Empty
PostSubject: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:41 am

Just a bit of fun but it could be intresting. Basically take something that has happened in wrestling and change the outcome/senario a little and ask how you would book it. (eg - What if the Spirit Squad were still around going strong as a stable, how would you book them).

I have one rule though. You have to answer the previous question before you ask another question.

I'll start...

What if The Montreal Screw Job didn't happen? What if Bret Hart left the WWf Still The World champion? How would you of got the title back? how would of you made the new champion?
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am

Good question.

I'm going to go the extreme end of what might have happend.

I don't think Bret would have took the title to Nitro, and would have rather dropped it to someone else maybe the Bulldog. Or vacated the title and gave a farewell speech. Which would have shown Vince McMahon as an ok boss.
Which would lead to the Mr McMahon character never being born.
So with no Mr McMahon there is no coperate boss for Stone Cold Steve Austin to have his feud with. Raws Ratings don't go through the roof and the ratings war with Nitro are a steady battle.
So WCW would still be going but TNA would'nt have been created.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 pm

I think the biggest change was to Bret.

The WWF was already changing by that point, DX were in full swing, everything was becoming more adult, and people were starting to see through the kayfabe and realise that everything was pre-determined, and it was almost common knowledge that the crap commentator was the guy who owned everything.

WCW had become utterly stale by late 1997, the NWO had disappeared up their arses, Austin had already done his 3:16 promo, Kane, Foley, Triple H were all starting to show they could be something special in the main event scene, and Rocky wasn't far off joining them. Undertaker and HBK were huge stars. Bret was starting to feel that he wasn't top dog (and we all know how much Bret loves himself), and I'm convinced Vince lied to him about the state of the WWF's finances to get out of paying him.

By the end of Montreal, Bret had been stabbed in the back by the company he loved, in favour of HBK. He goes to WCW, and finds out that there he's even lower down the pole, he will never, ever be a bigger draw than Hogan, Goldberg, Flair, Savage... he phones in his performances, falls out of love with wrestling but likes the fat contract he's on in WCW, then Owen dies, then he has a stroke and disappears into being the bitter old sod he is now.

If Montreal hadn't happened? He drops the title to Ken Shamrock, loses the respect of guys like Undertaker for not doing things the right way and losing the title when he's asked, and doesn't have the sympathy vote he has now. He would still have sunk in WCW, Owen would still have died...

The major difference I can see is that he wouldn't have made such a fuss out of going back on WWE TV or the Hall of Fame, and wouldn't have to be such a diva about everything.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Incidentally, how would I have booked it differently?

I'd have booked Undertaker to win the title, rather than Shawn. Then see what the whining bitch would have said, if he was dropping the belt to someone he liked and respected.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Good answers. Now anyone else want to propose a question.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:45 pm

What if...

Chris Benoit hadn't flipped out?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

not sure if this is how it would go, or if it's what i'd book lol. WWE will have had it's biggest storyline ever, with vince dead, HHH would slowly seize control, pushing Steph to one side as she mourns her fathers death. Shane would return to try and save the company from HHH facing him in a bloody last man standing match, in which HHH would destroy shane with the sledge hammer and leave him needing to go to hospital. HHH then surrounds himself with a loyal faction but takes a back seat match wise, only competing at big events. HHH would now be as hated as Vince at his peak. Vince would then appear one day, in a giant shock return from the dead, where he reveals that he had to fake his death because there was a genuine threat on his life from an unknown source which is now apparent it was HHH and it was because Vince was giving away his potential fortune to ordinary fans and to silence countless women claiming to be mothers of illegitimate children because he did indeed have ONE illegitimate child, which is all revealed during HHH rule. Vince brings with him a wheel chair shane and the new big star ken kennedy-mcmahon, his son, to rid HHH from the company and from marriage to steph.

Cm punk would have lost to benoit in a feud, to repay benoit for his loyal years in the company. Edge wouldn't be as depressed about losing half of his friends in a few years. Chair shots also exist
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:20 pm

On the ECW front from Benoit, Punk Vs Benoit fued would have lasted a while, however Benoit would go through the roster beating all comers and go on to hold the title until Royal Rumble at least, by which time it would have gotten back around to Punk who would take the title form Benoit in a match at WM.

My question, what if Batista had chosen to go for the WHC after winning the royal rumble instead of choosing to face Triple H?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:05 pm

He would never have become the star he became. Him vs JBL would have been an absolute disaster.

Cena would still have become the WWE champ, I think he was always nailed on to become the face of the company.

What if Undertaker had lost at an early Wrestlemania, before the Streak became what it is?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:31 pm

He would still have been made a top star, although he would have had more hell in a cell matches to make his mystique through that and could easily have seen him having had an unbeaten streak inside the cell instead.

What would have happened to Triple H if he had never married Stephanie?
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 pm

HHH was already one of the top guys in wrestling before he got married, I think his friendship with HBK was more of a help to him than the marrige of Steph. Also when Austin and Rock left the company it made him the number one guy in wrestling at the time.
I don't think they would be much diffrence with the amount of titles he won either.
The only diffrence I can see is he would'nt have an Executive role with in the company, but would still be around maybe as a GM or just turning up once a year for mania.

Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:03 pm

What if the Rock's acting career bombed and he remained at least semi-regular over the past decade?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 pm

He'd be about a 30 time world champ, Cena would not have become the star he is and would have hopefully turned heel at some point. On a bigger scale, meatheads like Batista would have struggled when people realised that the new guys had nowhere near the level of charisma that Rocky has, and maybe the absolute dross of 2005-2008 would never have happened.

We'd have seen Edge vs Rock, which would have been awesome, as well as Orton vs Rock, which I'd like to see at some point.

What if Vince had been found guilty in his steroid trial of the early-mid 90's and gone to prison?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 pm

answering the rock one, he would have stuck with his Hollywood character I reckon and would put guys over, after a couple of years of Hollywood Rock he would have either turned face or turned back into a serious heel, we would have still seen Cena but would have been the star of the other brand, and then when they were big enough they would have been moved to the other brand to face Rock at some point to promote the next big star on the other brand.

We would have also seen Rock Vs Undertaker
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 am

Grecian wrote:
What if Vince had been found guilty in his steroid trial of the early-mid 90's and gone to prison?

We wouldn't be having this conversation...

I don't know alot about it apart from what I've read in Bret Harts book. Hart says Vince gave them 6 weeks to get clean or they would be fired on the spot - so the charges clearly scared him.

I believe it was late 1992 - early 1993. WCW wasn't as big just yet but growing. I think he company would of went under. No-one at that time had the vision of Vince to carry on the company. The big boys would of control. It would have done what WCW done 8 years later.

Question: Who do you think would of won the royal rumble in 2006 if Eddie guerrero hadn't died?

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:57 am

Seen as I'm in the bumping up thread mood, I'll answer this.

I think undertaker would of returned and won it. He returned in the Kurt Angle v mark Henry title match when he mysteriously broke the ring. I believe taker fought Henry in a casket march that yeah while rey fought orton and angle in a triple threat match.

Question: could Paul Heyman have ruled the wrestling world? By that mean put heyman in vince's shoes. Money aside, would he have thought of a super show like Wrestlmania, kept the weekly show of raw for 1000 episodes etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 am

No.

Heyman's an awesome booker, if you're a good wrestler. He would never have hired certain wrestlers who have a job only for business sense (Khali being a great example, and Khali has made WWE a ton of money in India and Asia). He wouldn't have pushed either Rock or Cena to start with, or someone like Batista who like him or not became a huge star, considering he pretty much sucked in the ring.

He makes a great booker, not a great company figure-head.

Question:

If the Undertaker had lost on his second or third Mania appearance, would he still be the huge star he is now?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes.

I've said in the past that undertakers streak at Wrestlmania was a little weak in the early days and was kept away from the main event. His first Wrestlmania was WM7 against jimmy superfly snuka. This was the match he had to win to put him on the Wrestlmania map. They already had hogan b slaughter and warrior v savage. Taker was only a filler but needed the win. His 2nd Wrestlmania was WM8 against jake Roberts. Taker could of being bitten by the snake behind the referees back. Roberts got the win. After the bell undertaker could of done his 'vintage' sit up and beat down Roberts. A Los on his WM record but still looking like a huge star. WM9 he fought giant Gonzalez. Rember this guy destroyed him at the rumble. He was bigger and stronger than taker. Taker won that match by DQ or count out (can't remember which). Taker got stretchered out. Everything that happened after that match still could of happened. Another loss but still returned to slay the giant so to speak. So in his 1st 3 mania's his record could of been 1-2 and still looked the power he is today.

Question

If Jeff hardy stayed clean could he of been in John Cena's shoes?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Te 'What if' Thread   Te 'What if' Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Te 'What if' Thread
Page 1 of 1