Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns

Go down 
+3
Grecian
boschbourne06
hodge13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns Empty
PostSubject: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:14 am

Quote :
WWE did subtle teases for a Roman Reigns babyface turn. It's going to happen but probably not for several months. The long-term idea is that Reigns splits off as a big babyface and the new feud with The Wyatt Family vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan is the first step towards making The Wyatts the new six-man main event unit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

How would Roman Reigns as a face work?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Unsure, Seth Rollins will eventually turn face as well I reckon, they may then use the heel angle of the split for Ambrose saying he didn't need The Shield.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 5:26 pm

I said this in the Raw spoilers thread. Reigns looked pissed off with Ambrose in their promo. It was a different type promo as rather than focus on one person they had a few group shots.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 am

Quote :
As of this past week, the plan to turn Roman Reigns babyface is scheduled to be fast-tracked. WWE officials are looking at him as being the new young golden boy of the promotion. On RAW this week they did nothing past put him in a position where his spear on Big Show was designed to make people pop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
How would Roman Reigns as a face work?
He looks like a beast, his spear is so much better than Edges (probably the best since Goldberg, in honesty), he's improved a hell of a lot, all they need to do is get Rock (his cousin, don't forget) to big him up on TV, and everyone will be raving about him.

Reigns is the stand-out in The Shield. Personally, I'd not fast-track him out of the Shield just yet, but do a slower split that ends at Mania next year, in either a 2v1 handicap or Reigns vs Ambrose.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:32 pm

if they use the rock then people might start comparing them. I doubt Reigns has the charisma for that to work out well.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Not yet, he doesn't. But Rock didn't really start to show what he could do until he turned heel, away from being Generic Good Guy Number 15.

Reigns has only been on TV for about a year, as part of a three man group. Give him time.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm not putting him down, just think if they had Rock big him up then people will expect him to be like the Rock. Keep him developing his own thing, so the fans don't expect too much too soon. If he saved the rock from a beat down from the other shield members or whoever, then maybe embraced with a hug, it would be more effective than Rocky just telling fans he rates him.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Grecian wrote:
Reigns is the stand-out in The Shield. Personally, I'd not fast-track him out of the Shield just yet, but do a slower split that ends at Mania next year, in either a 2v1 handicap or Reigns vs Ambrose.
I always thought Ambrose was the stand out member, reason being he has the US Title and from what I can remember he was the one to do the talking on some occasions.

If he's to receive a singles push, I think he needs to be on the microphone a bit more, to at least showcase if he has any mic abilities.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 6:19 am

I wouldn't fast track his push. Keep him in the shield I little longer. I wouldn't turn him face either - simply because he should be the next Paul heyman guy. He can be the new Brock lesnar.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 am

Perfect Jack wrote:
I always thought Ambrose was the stand out member, reason being he has the US Title and from what I can remember he was the one to do the talking on some occasions.

If he's to receive a singles push, I think he needs to be on the microphone a bit more, to at least showcase if he has any mic abilities.
The Internet thought he was the standout member when they debuted, then most changed their minds to either Rollins or Reigns.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 am

Internet got swept up in Ambrose's indy record. However, if he's given a singles push, he could quite easily become the No 1 heel in the company. Problem he's going to have is the CM Punk crowd always cheering him.

Reigns will be huge, Rollins will be midcard for life.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:23 am

With me not even hearing about these guys until they joined WWE I look at things slightly different to most on here.

For me I see Rollins as the guy who will make it own his own better than the other two - at the moment. I've seen Rollins have a couple of great matches with Daniel Bryan.

Ambrose is great on the mic. I don't think his matches - so far have been great. That's me not saying he isn't. I'm just going on what I've seen.

Reigns is a powerhouse. Haven't seen much of him on the mic as of yet. Now is that because of ambrose and Rollins being better than him or the fact that reigns isn't that good? I don't know. That's why I think for a short term run put him with Heyman.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns   Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage News on Plans for Roman Reigns
Page 1 of 1