Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena

Go down 
+3
dwindow
Grecian
boschbourne06
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Quote :
As noted before, The Rock will be appearing at this year's Survivor Series pay-per-view but won't be wrestling. Sources expect him to deliver a promo and get physically involved somehow with Cena, but not wrestle a match.

The WrestleMania 28 build is set to go in full effect at Survivor Series and Rock will likely appear at the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber.

The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter reports that there has been talk of doing a best-of-three series between The Rock and John Cena to solve the problem of who wins the WrestleMania main event. It's talk right now but if it happens, Rock and Cena would wrestle at WrestleMania, the following pay-per-view and then a third time at SummerSlam 2012.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Cena should win at Mania - if Rocky hasn't wrestled in years, and then comes in and beats WWE's top guy for the past 7 years, it just dumps all over the company, and everyone Cena has ever faced.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:09 pm

The problem is 1) if they do a 3 match series it devalues the Mania match, 2) Rock cannot possibly win otherwise as Grec said it destroys everything they've built up for the past decade. They need to give us a good match at Mania with false finishes etc. much like HHH v Taker this year when you start to doubt the favorite will actually win
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:01 pm

The best of 3 series isn't a good idea. Like dwindow said, it devalues the WrestleMania match. What's the point of waiting a year for that one match, only to see it again two more times straight after?

If they want to do Rock vs Cena again at some point, have Cena win in dodgy circumstances (I understand the argument for him winning but I don't see why he has to do it clean, the records will still say he beat the Rock) and perhaps have the rematch at WM 30, two years on. Punk could even help Cena win at WM28 and have Punk vs Rock at SummerSlam 2012.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:53 pm

No way should Cena and Rock happen more than once, but if they do, they should do them all at Wrestlemania. Doing it at other PPV's, as already said, devalues WM28. Having them a year apart will be something to build all over again, similar to Undertaker v HBK. two consecutive years and two different build ups.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Rocky wrote:

If they want to do Rock vs Cena again at some point, have Cena win in dodgy circumstances (I understand the argument for him winning but I don't see why he has to do it clean, the records will still say he beat the Rock) and perhaps have the rematch at WM 30, two years on. Punk could even help Cena win at WM28 and have Punk vs Rock at SummerSlam 2012.

It has to be a clean finish - with a year long build, 2 of the biggest stars the industry has ever known, it would be the shittest angle ever. Unless the dodgy finish is to help Cena turn heel (which I can't see happening, no matter how much we want to see it), it'd be pretty much pointless.

I'd hope that Punk has his own meaningful match at mania, against Del Rio for the title would be my shout. Wrestlemania should be the be-all and end-all of the business, and shouldn't be used to start the promotion for a Summerslam match.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Grecian wrote:
Rocky wrote:

It has to be a clean finish - with a year long build, 2 of the biggest stars the industry has ever known, it would be the shittest angle ever. Unless the dodgy finish is to help Cena turn heel (which I can't see happening, no matter how much we want to see it), it'd be pretty much pointless.

I'd hope that Punk has his own meaningful match at mania, against Del Rio for the title would be my shout. Wrestlemania should be the be-all and end-all of the business, and shouldn't be used to start the promotion for a Summerslam match.

If it helps establish Punk further (he's not the "new Stone Cold" yet, as some people try and claim, in my opinion), then it wouldn't be pointless. He's beaten Cena and became the "Best In The World", he then turns to Rock to become the "Best Ever".

Punk could still have his match against Del Rio. Don't see why he can't then run in during the last 5 minutes of Rock vs Cena. And although I agree with your view on WrestleMania being the be all and end-all, Miz's win this year was completely overshadowed by Rock's interference so it's not exactly a new thing I'm talking about with Punk's possible interference.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 pm

I don't see how that would establish Punk - if anything, it'd turn him heel. I'd also hope that WWE had got him fully established by Mania next year.

Punk helps Cena win - Cena's the heel going into this one, against Rocky in his home-town. Punk causes Rock to lose... the reason most people have bought the PPV being screwed out to begin an angle with another guy isn't going to give Cena vs Rock the definitive winner the year-long build needs, and nor will be make Punk popular! I think it'd be a swerve for the sake of a swerve, and doing it two years running at Mania would be shite. Both times that come immediately to mind where the main event has been fiddled with (9 and last year), it's ruined the whole event.

Punk helps Rocky win - that wouldn't start a feud with Rock, then he's gone against the lead face in WWE (which cena is regardless of what the internet thinks).

If Punk wants to be the 'best ever', for me, the logical step is the Undertaker and the Streak...

One final point - Rock totally over-shadowed the Miz at mania, but that was down to 2 factors - the legit heat between Cena and Rock, and the Miz really not being a main-event talent. he's upper-mid-card at best.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh, I definately wouldn't have Punk screw Cena. Not only have you made fair points about why any type of interference might not be a good idea, but Punk and Cena are complete opposites in character, kind of how Edge and Cena were, in my opinion. They don't need any further catalyst for a feud.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm

It's obvious that Cena will win as it'll be another one of those 'passing of the torch' type of matches like Rock vs Hogan was, but hopefully it ends contraversially with a draw, interferance, the winner cheating, etc... just to add that unpredictability to it.

BTW is anyone else thinking Rock isn't too sure about jobbing to Cena?
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I just want a clean finish with the Rock to go over but it aint happening so I dont mind there being a passing of the torch moment with Cena winning but it has to be a clean win. Simple as.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Worthy wrote:

Can't say I've noticed anything to suggest this might be true, but I'm curious as to why you think this?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Rocky wrote:
Worthy wrote:

Can't say I've noticed anything to suggest this might be true, but I'm curious as to why you think this?

Just these random points:

Like a Star @ heaven Rock was at the WrestleMania just gone yet they didn't have the match then?

Like a Star @ heaven All this talk on wrestling spoiler sites of WWE still being undecided on who should win even though they would want John Cena to win as he is their current star.

Like a Star @ heaven The idea of 'best of 3' seems to suggest that they both want to get the pin and this match idea would guarentee atleast a pin each.

Like a Star @ heaven All this talk of 'never leaving again' tells me WWE had something planned for him which seemed to have fell through until now. (negotiation problems perhaps).

Like a Star @ heaven Cena and Rock outside of WWE before all this on screen stuff have said personal comments about each other, yet if it's true that the Rock phoned Vince and suggested the Wrestlemania idea then surely he didn't say “Hey Vince I want to job to the guy who has been slagging me off”?

It's hard to describe and I may not be explaining myself clearly, but I do feel like their is more to this Rock vs Cena match at Mania than whats going public?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Worthy wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Worthy wrote:

Just these random points:

Like a Star @ heaven Rock was at the WrestleMania just gone yet they didn't have the match then?

Like a Star @ heaven All this talk on wrestling spoiler sites of WWE still being undecided on who should win even though they would want John Cena to win as he is their current star.

Like a Star @ heaven The idea of 'best of 3' seems to suggest that they both want to get the pin and this match idea would guarentee atleast a pin each.

Like a Star @ heaven All this talk of 'never leaving again' tells me WWE had something planned for him which seemed to have fell through until now. (negotiation problems perhaps).

Like a Star @ heaven Cena and Rock outside of WWE before all this on screen stuff have said personal comments about each other, yet if it's true that the Rock phoned Vince and suggested the Wrestlemania idea then surely he didn't say “Hey Vince I want to job to the guy who has been slagging me off”?

It's hard to describe and I may not be explaining myself clearly, but I do feel like their is more to this Rock vs Cena match at Mania than whats going public?

I reckon...:

it didn't happen last year, as Miz vs Cena had been set for some time, and WWE had spent a fair bit of time trying to build Miz to be a legit main-eventer.

Spoiler sites tend to be full of people's opinion and utter bullshit.

The 'best of 3' suggests that WWE is expecting a boost in PPV sales, so why not try and stretch that out for 3 PPV's, rather than just the one?

'Never leaving again'; kinda hints that his movie career had hit the skids, and so he comes back to the one crowd who will love him no matter what. Plus it's his family business, so he's been around it his entire life. I honestly think he's a wrestling fan, and just a former wrestler who made a career elsewhere.

Mania next year will mark 10 from the Rock vs Hogan match, and their passing the torch. who's to say this wasn't his plan all along? And if he wanted another match, he'd need a huge stage (wrestlemania), a huge crowd (and his home-town one at that), and the biggest star (Cena). The shots they've taken at each other over the years just add the impression that there is actually bad blood between the two of them. It's the time-honoured tradition that the guy going out puts over the guy who's staying around (hence Austin losing his last ever match, Jeff Hardy and CM Punk...), Rock's just keeping to wrestling tradition.

Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:49 am

I agree with everything that you've said there and I didn't realise it was 10 years after the Rock vs Hogan Mania match, so now you come to mention it, I think this has been planned long before now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena   Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage News on Possible Plans for The Rock and John Cena
Page 1 of 1