Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Tag teams in WWE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:37 am

So, it's been a couple of weeks since Los Matadores debuted in WWE - the first team to get welcoming promo videos that I can remember for years. Although the actual team aren't new at all (Epico and Primo were tag champs in 2012, after all), they've been a whole new gimmick, names, no mention of their history, and a dwarf. And in WWE, nothing screams 'PUSH!' more than being given a dwarf.

This means that after Christ knows how long, we actually have a tag division with defined teams, names, gimmicks and attention on it. In no particular order, there's the Real Americans (and the ready-made feud with Los Matadores that seems to be heading our way), Clay and Tensai, Los Matadores of course, the  rumoured team of Kidd & Justin Gabriel, The Rhodes Brothers, and surely it's only a matter of  time before Kofi Kingston gets a new partner (Miz? R-Truth?) and gets shoved back in there. The Wyatt Family still look good...

I'm excluding the Shield from this, as I think they'll be splitting before too long, and Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose will be pushed as stars.

If you think back the number of WWE's absolute biggest stars, loads of them made the breakthrough as tag wrestlers - Edge, Jeff Hardy, Bret Hart, HBK, Steve Austin in WCW, I think it makes absolute sense for WWE to start paying attention to the tag division again. the problem will be when WWE gets bored of it, and the division gets robbed out to making sure the Big Show looks like a monster again in about a year. As the Attitude era showed, a good tag division can be a great thing. I'm not convinced that this crop could rival that, but the addition of a couple of teams from NXT, could be making of someone like Brodus Clay or Cesaro in a couple of years time.

But that little bull is going to irritate the living shit out of me in another week.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm

It does seem to be getting a push but a few more teams are needed. PAC and Cory Graves are a team I like on NxT (even though I don't see them in a Long term team is a think graves will be a world champion in the future). I'd bring back MNM and use them as a fan favourite like the rockers were. PG era and teenage girl screaming after them.

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:08 pm

I'd also pair up Hunico & Sin Cara, Hunico could probably save a match after a Sin Cara botch.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Mackem wrote:
It does seem to be getting a push but a few more teams are needed. PAC and Cory Graves are a team I like on NxT (even though I don't see them in a Long term team is a think graves will be a world champion in the future). I'd bring back MNM and use them as a fan favourite like the rockers were. PG era and teenage girl screaming after them.

PAC's the guy who'll be the star. Graves is great, just a bit too thin (not small, like Bryan who short but still pretty muscly. Graves just looks thin).

As for Sin Cara, I think WWE are counting down his contract so they can get rid of him. Possibly the biggest flop I've seen in WWE.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 pm

PAC needs to work on lessening his accent - nothing wrong with it but the yanks will struggle I reckon. I like Graves as well, has good presence.
Nice to see some teams again but Cesaro is the one that stands out.

Talking of Tag teams - the BFG tag title match is good.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I honestly think they have the best Feud on in WWE atm with the Rhodes vs The Shield and now The Uso's getting thrown into it out of all the matches at HIAC im looking forward most is the tag team match. The tag divison has certain had a clean up and gotten back to being good i used to fast forwarded the tag matches but now its the matches i watch most now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sponsored content

Tag teams in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag teams in WWE   Tag teams in WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

Tag teams in WWE
Page 1 of 1