Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster

Go down 
+2
Grecian
boschbourne06
6 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster Empty
PostSubject: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Quote :
As seen on last night's RAW, WWE included current TNA star Sting in their video packages looking back at former World Heavyweight Champions.

Sting was included in those video packages for a reason.

Word is that Sting is once again interested in joining WWE. While he hasn't opened direct negotiations with the company, However he has sent feelers to WWE about joining them. There is said to be a lot of confidence on WWE's side that Sting will be on their roster eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:39 pm

I'll guess that his contract is up with TNA and he fancies a pay-rise. He's always been a smart businessman and playing TNA off against WWE is always a smart move.

With Jericho, Brock and RVD already, does WWE need another part-timer on what will be huge money?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Country : WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster England-1

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 4:28 pm

if it had been 3 years or so ago Sting Vs Undertaker would have been greatly appealing, now..... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm

hodge13 wrote:
if it had been 3 years or so ago Sting Vs Undertaker would have been greatly appealing, now..... not so much.

Completely disagree with this im afraid Hodge. Undertaker v Sting - no matter their age - will be very appealing. More so to the older fans. If this happens at WM30 it will be the biggest match at WM ever in my opinion. Both guys can still put on a great match occasionally so if they don't wrestle for 3 or 4 months they are ready for mania. I've creamed my underpants thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster Untitl11

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Mackem wrote:
hodge13 wrote:

Completely disagree with this im afraid Hodge. Undertaker v Sting - no matter their age - will be very appealing. More so to the older fans. If this happens at WM30 it will be the biggest match at WM ever in my opinion. Both guys can still put on a great match occasionally so if they don't wrestle for 3 or 4 months they are ready for mania. I've creamed my underpants thinking about it.

Agree with Hodge here. Undertaker at Mania means the match that will be the best wrestling match on the show. Taker vs Sting will not be it.

And do you really think that Sting vs Taker is bigger than Rock vs Hogan, Rock vs Austin, Rock vs Cena, potentially Brock vs Undertaker?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I honestly do yes. Maybe a bit biased perhaps because I've never been a fan of the rock - even back in the late 90's. 3 of the 4 matches you mention have him in so they don't appeal to me at all.

Money wise and buy rates probably not the biggest match in history but it will be up there. I believe the older fans will want this match to happen.

I believe sting can still put on a good match, as can taker. I know HHH, punk and michaels have helped him through their matches an hell of a lot but the knowledge of these two could put on a great match.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Think i have to agree with Macks this match would make shit loads of money just for the fact 2 of the biggest names in wrestling however the only thing i think could damage that is its at WM and we already no the result if it was to happen but Taker And Sting still put on great matches when they wrestle i dont think Taker even needed to take a break this year round he looked great on his return and SD And Raw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Mackem wrote:
I honestly do yes. Maybe a bit biased perhaps because I've never been a fan of the rock - even back in the late 90's. 3 of the 4 matches you mention have him in so they don't appeal to me at all.

Money wise and buy rates probably not the biggest match in history but it will be up there. I believe the older fans will want this match to happen.

I believe sting can still put on a good match, as can taker. I know HHH, punk and michaels have helped him through their matches an hell of a lot but the knowledge of these two could put on a great match.

Sting still has the psychology, but he's not as good as people seem to think. He plays his gimmick fantastically, but I think he's no longer the name in wrestling that he was 5, ten years ago. If we're going with a huge name returning to face Taker, then Kurt Angle would be the guy.

As for the matches I mentioned, I watched Hogan vs Rock as it happened, and it's one of about 5 matches that have given me goosebumps before anything happened. Going further back, Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior was a massive match, people forget just how huge that match was.

As things stand, the one match that if done could be the biggest of all-time, would be Austin vs Punk. Now that would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 pm

I agree with almost everything you say. I watched hogan v rock as it happened too and I thought wow - but I think if I hadn't watched it live I wouldn't of got the same feel to it.

I still think sting is a big deal. Perhaps not as big as 10 years ago but still a big deal. Another thing with sting v taker is people think it will never happen. I'd assume that would be your once in a lifetime match.

I'd love Austin v punk but I can't see Austin returning to in ring action.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 pm

You think Undertaker Vs Sting would be bigger for WM30 than Undertaker Vs Cena?

For me that is the biggest match WWE have the capability of putting on atm.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 pm

If it really was a once in a lifetime match then I agree that Undertaker vs Sting could be a huge match. I don't think think that it could top Rock vs Hogan personally but it could be big. The thing is, would WWE let it be once in a lifetime? That was how they promoted Rock vs Cena after all and we all know how that went. If they can big money from it WWE will try and drag it out for as long as they can.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Would people want to see more than 1 of a Sting Vs Taker, how many different styles of match could they put on together as I doubt they can work matches much differently.

Taker vs someone like Punk, Orton etc name most people on the roster they could add a different style of match for a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 am

No I think Cena v taker would be bigger hodge. That would take some beating.

Mrtc it has to be a once in a lifetime match. Both are near the end of their careers where as Cena and rock weren't.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Rock vs Cena 1 had to be promoted as once in a lifetime, though. How else could they have done it - 'biggest match ever, except we'll have a rematch next year'?

My main issues with Undertaker vs Sting are that Sting's just not as good as he was, he's not the name that he once was, I'm dreading all the supernatural shite that would unquestionably come with it - as much as I love Taker, I don't want to see any more promo videos featuring vultures, the desert, sheds in the rain, anything like that. Sting would have to use his Crow persona rather than his Joker one, and it's going to get all supernatural and kinda crappy pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:42 pm

sting when he was pumped on the S juice would have made a real impact, he had the look to rival Taker and a gimmick to match. Two of the biggest mind game playing characters facing off at that point would have been special, no doubt. I think the chance has long good though. Why would WWE want to try and impress the 20-40 year old fans, most of which would still think the time has passed for this match, anyway.

Yes, Stings gimmick has debut potential. If he can scare some mid card guys, or low level main eventers, but to build up for Mania vs Taker I think it would fall flat. Unless he was a mega heel and took his Sting gimmick to the next level and poisoned Taker, or some shite. Otherwise he'd have no power over the dead man gimmick.

If WWE wanted to hire Sting to bring on a stable however, that might be worth watching. But it could be done with Raven alot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:56 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Would people want to see more than 1 of a Sting Vs Taker

Personally, no. But then I didn't want to see more than 1 of Rock vs Cena either, like a lot of other people I suspect. But WWE still booked Rock vs Cena again because it made money the first time and I suspect they would do the same with Undertaker vs Sting if they could.

And Mackem, I agree it should be a once in a lifetime match but if Sting and Undertaker can do more than one you can be damn sure WWE will try to do more than one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster   WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster
Page 1 of 1