Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Country : Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? England-1

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? Empty
PostSubject: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 am

After Taker disposes of Triple H at WM28 what is there for Taker at WM29 if he doesn't retire. You have the obvious regular someone challenges Taker for his streak or someone has the title etc. This idea was discussed on 606v2 and wondered what you guys thought of it. The Raw after the royal rumble, Taker is in the ring and offers an open challenge to the roster for Wrestlemania 29, the chance for someone to step up and attempt to take the streak. The best have tried and the rest will fail sort of thing, have a fued with someone from upper mid card for a few weeks match at EC and then they say they're not interested and go into a new fued (the scale of Orton Vs Barrett atm) so it looks like they're not copping out.

Every main star of the WWE would be booked into a match for Mania and Taker is left without an opponent going into the event, but Triple H (now incharge) says that he will have an opponent on the night. So it comes to Mania and Taker is out after say the 2nd match in the ring ready for an opponent at which point say; Orton, Jericho or CM Punk answers the challenge (to keep up the theme of main eventers) the opponent would have been scheduled to be in the MITB match at Mania later in the night, this could then see maybe another match at Mania so it isnt over straight away then Taker dissapears for a year. The spot in the MITB match would then be taken by an FCW talent that Triple H is high on, say Seth Rollins if he hasn't debuted, as Triple H has said new talents won't be called up unless there is something for them. You could have the FCW guy win MITB at Mania instantly propelling them to the top tier of the WWE (or near enough)

After Mania as little people would know the FCW talent and wouldn't have appeared on screen you could have guys like Wade Barrett, Jericho, Cody Rhodes, heck even Randy Orton saying that they're not worthy of that briefcase having won it in their first match. Having them defend the briefcase at PPV's for months combined with other fueds he could probably be ready to attempt to cash in by the next Wrestlemania, so it comes to WM30 you imagine it will go to MSG, they win the world title via MITB after the match, but then the MITB winner of that PPV then decides to cash in after that match as well, so you have a 4th world title match at one Wrestlemania. Would be one hell of a Wrestlemania moment, the MITB winner cashing in on the newly crowned title holder. So say it's Seth Rollins and they beat Daniel Bryan for the title, CM Punk with the other briefcase cashes in and they have a good technical match lasting 15 minutes or so leading to a triple threat fued between Punk, Rollins and Bryan for a few months.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:19 am

I like the idea of having FCW guy come in and win the MITB on his debut, But the the WWE have got to be spot on with it and be sure that they could handle the pressure that comes with it.
I'm not sure if I would rather go with Dean Ambrose with this type of angle though and have him work a cocky Heel gimmick after his win.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Seth Rollins was just the one I had seen most of so named him, I know of Dean Ambrose but haven't seen as much of him.

I think WWE will want something massive for WM30 so reckon there will be a MITB cash in at least
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:07 pm

hodge13 wrote:

I think WWE will want something massive for WM30 so reckon there will be a MITB cash in at least

They might just do Cena vs Rock II, but with Cena as a full blown, and perhaps quite popular heel/tweener.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 pm

I like your idea about the MITB winner winning the title using the briefcase, and then having a 2nd MITB holder cash in on him minutes later. On paper, it sounds a little overbooked but I do think it could really work.

I don't trust WWE with your idea for the FCW guy to hold the briefcase for a full year, but again, I like it. He has to defend it regularly though, every other PPV at least and ideally, I think the guy would have to be face and win all of the matches cleanly to make him look like a credible champion come WrestleMania 30. Otherwise, you could have a Del Rio situation on your hands, where he spends so long looking like a coward that when he finally wins the belt, no-one believes in him.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 pm

it comes to WM30 you imagine it will go to MSG, they win the world title via MITB after the match, but then the MITB winner of that PPV then decides to cash in after that match as well, so you have a 4th world title match at one Wrestlemania.

I'd hate that, total booking overkill. I have no problem with a MITB holder holding the briefcase for a year, but I'd much rather they announced they were cashing in the case in the build-up to give it a bit of an angle going in.

Mania 9, they did the impromtu title match at the end, and it was awful.

WM29, I think it has to be Cena / Undertaker - that's about the only real dream match WWE has.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Ok i'll give you the overkill bit, MITB winner holds for a year, announces their cash in will be at rumble and sees it through, you have a first there. I still think we will see the first MITB winner at Mania and cash in on same night at Mania 30. So this would still be a first.

Seems destined that Punk/Jericho will be for WWE title, can you see Cena being out of the title frame 2 years in a row at Mania?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:50 pm

The Streak is becoming a bigger deal than the world titles, so yup, I can see Cena being out of the title matches 2 years in a row.

I can pretty much guarantee that Triple H vs Taker and Rock vs Cena this year gets more of a build than Punk vs Jericho - Cena vs Undertaker next year would dwarf anything else WWE has on the card.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Just that Cena hasn't not featured in some form of title match yet at Mania. I can see Orton or Punk being Taker's opponenet next year if he actually continues and doesnt go at 20-0
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Next year, my shout is that Austin will be back for one more match, and it'll be against Punk.

Taker, unless they can get a huge name like Lesnar back, my money would be on Cena. As i say, Cena vs Taker would be a huge match, it wouldn't need the title (much like neither of the Taker vs HBK matches needed the title), and it gives WWE the chance to put some of the focus on guys they can spend the next year buliding - Ziggler, Miz, Del Rio, Rhodes to make them justifiable headlining-worthy stars.

At the moment, if anything happens to Cena, WWE is screwed. They need other guys approaching his level to take some of the pressure off him, so to speak, and giving other guys spots in the title matches at Mania is one way to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?   Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB? Empty

Back to top Go down

Potential for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29 and MITB?
Page 1 of 1