Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26

Go down 
+5
InvincibleIleak
Mat143(Mike hill)
the-gaffer
Rocky2
JacMan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 Empty
PostSubject: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Who do you guys want to try and break Undertaker's streak at Mania 26?

In my opinion there are very few wrestlers in the company currently that Vince willwant to face Taker due to the fact that Taker is a huge legend in the business.

Cena -Is a possibility (I wouldn't want Cena to end it though)
CM Punk (heel) - This could be a potentially great match up
Jack Swagger - With right booking i could see him ending the streak

Although my preference is Jericho - what a match that would be. I doubt Vince would book Jericho to defeat Taker although Wrestlemania 27 i could see Swagger ending the streak.

Who would you like to See Taker face at Mania and should he lose his streak?

If not why not and if he should lose the streak who should it be against?

Views are appreciated
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:51 pm

I want something worthy to end it but to be honest, after this year's WrestleMania, I don't think the streak will ever be broken unfortunately. I would like to see Jericho give it a go next year though. There are rumours that Taker is retiring at the end of 2009 so we might have already seen his last WrestleMania match. Also, if Taker does face Cena at WrestleMania, I don't really mind who plays the heel as both of their characters have become stale.

My predictions for Taker's next 3 WrestleMania opponents (if he makes it to WrestleMania 28):

WrestleMania 26 vs Cena
WrestleMania 27 vs Chris Jericho
WrestleMania 28 vs Hulk Hogan lol (although this may have to happen ASAP considering both men's ages but I think it would be a great way for Taker to bow out ending the streak at 20-0 by defeating the biggest name in pro wrestling history)
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 pm

I like the thoughts Rocky apart from the Hulk Hogan one lol

I think Taker should face an up and coming star after hopefully facing Jericho or Cena at Mania

Imagine the boo's Cena wouldget even if Undertaker was heel when you look back at Wrestlemania 22 when HHH had the vast majority of the cheers despite being a heel
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:06 pm

I've always thought Cody Rhodes has been under-rated especially when compared to Ted DiBiase so I wouldn't mind him having a go either, I think Cody would need to be the heel in this match though even if I do think he is a better babyface usually.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:16 pm

If someone was going to end the streak, which I don't personally think will happen then I think it would be great if it where someone that is actually believable in doing so and could use it to propel his career, one that looks like its going to head for the top!

The "All American American" Jack Swagger!

I really want to see a big feud between these two, I also think it would be great if it where over the ECW title, it would add prestige and value to the belt no end, however a match at WrestleMania would definitely be worthwhile in my opinion!

I'm not really a fan of big matches for Taker at WM though, I like to not know who is going to win, especially at WrestleMania but against Taker you can be pretty sure its going to end up with Taker winning which spoils it slightly for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:38 pm

TBH I can't see it being Jericho,IMO It's probably too late in his career for him to end the streak and what would it really add to his all round charachter and he's pretty much done everything in the WWE.

If,If being the key word,Taker was to lose at Mania it's gotta be someone young and upcoiming or someone who needs that little bit more for his charachter.IMO there is three choices available and all three would be up to it in a year:

Jack Swagger-The All American American,It seems most of you agree with this choice as a potential streak ender.However I disagree with Gaffer about using the ECW title in the feud.For one I can't see taker going with it and I think Swagger 1st Mania should be for a world title and the perfect way for it to be set up in my eyes would be Swagger to win the Rumble,Let taker win the title at No Way Out and have one more final reign before dropping it to swagger.

The other options are Pricele$$.I think these two BOTH have huge potential and Teaming with Orton will give them that little more experience and how to tell a story in the ring.I think both have got good varied moveset and are decent on the mic,Have very Believable charachters.I think one of these two winning would compensate somewhat for Orton Loss against Taker at Mania where I felt he should of gone over
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:42 pm

I could see The Undertaker going for it, he has always been one of the guys who is willing to help bring younger guys on, although he doesn't do the job to often, you get over by association with the Undertaker, now I'm not saying Taker needs to win the ECW title however having a feud with Swagger and putting the belt up for grabs is within the realms of possibility in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Also as for Pricele$$ I feel Jack Swagger is far superior and had far more potential than both Rhodes and Di Biase although I rate both highly!
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Well I Think swagger has more ability than both of Pricele$$,But I think Swagger could do it without beating Taker though obviously it would give him a great push but I think potentially by next year there will be plenty of people wanting to be lined up to feud with im where as i think it would benefit one of Pricele$$ more as it fits there charachters and I feel they may need this little bit Extra to get them to the top which Says a lot for Swagger as I think swagger could be huge without a taker feud
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
I could see The Undertaker going for it, he has always been one of the guys who is willing to help bring younger guys on, although he doesn't do the job to often, you get over by association with the Undertaker, now I'm not saying Taker needs to win the ECW title however having a feud with Swagger and putting the belt up for grabs is within the realms of possibility in my opinion!

and I don't why but I just can't see it happening involving the ECW Title,I'm sure if asked Taker would go for it,I think it just needed something bigger In My opinion
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 pm

I don't think Swagger 'needs' a fued with The Undertaker, I just feel that with Swaggers ability and Takers experiance that it would and could be a great programme together
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:03 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
I don't think Swagger 'needs' a fued with The Undertaker, I just feel that with Swaggers ability and Takers experiance that it would and could be a great programme together

Thats what I'm saying,I'm sure it would be a great programme and if his match with Michaels was amazing Imagine what he could do with a younger,more athletic person.But Surely the whole point of someone breaking the streak would be that they NEED it to help them step up and like I said I don't think Swagger does.

And I think a feud with one of Priceless would be a great programme if built up right with one of them playing the cocky,young heel and Taker the veteran,the legend.Though the standard of the match may not be as high if Taker was working with Swagger but It would still be Very,Very good.

Either way,IF The streak ends I'm sure whoever does will wreak te benefits in the long trem
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm not really talking about the streak, I'm just talking about in general, however if it where the streak then I would certainly give it to Swagger ahead of anyone else doing the rounds just now with the exception of Christian because I am unbelievably markishly biased towards Captain Charisma
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Mat143(Mike hill)

You said that Orton should have stopped the streak at Mania 21. There was a huge rumor that Orton was booked to win that match but due to his respect for the Undertaker he didn't want to be the one that ended the streak.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 pm

Hindsight is a good thing, its better that Orton didn't go over Taker back then because soon after Mania 21 he got a serious injury and wouldn't have been able to use it anyway, it fit his gimmick perfectly though
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:00 pm

I think that WWE might be pushing both Rhodes and DiBase to be more like Orton, obviously WWE think that with Randy Orton they have a top guy with a popular in ring style and mic work.

Unfortunaly for me I don't like Orton and I feel DiBase is going down the wrong route, on Smackdown I felt for large periods of the match he basically was being Orton and I just think he'd be much better creating his own style.

Other than that I think they both have huge potential, they've got the 'right' build, the added advantage of having respected wrestlers as their family and are decent on the mic.

But in the end I think Swagger is much better than both of them and would rather he end the streak (I don't think it will happen) than either of Priceless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:25 pm

I know what you mean with DiBiase, when he first arrived I saw a lot of his old mans style in him which is natural however he does appear to be more slow and methodical these days
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 am

I love his finisher though. I would prefer he kept the sleeper hold locked in for a bit longer before hitting the slam.

I'm trying to remember what Ted DiBase Snr. called the original sleeper hold finisher? Million Dollar Dream was it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:22 am

Thats the one "The Million Dollar Dream"
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:55 pm

So I take it this Swagger guy is pretty good then? I was thinking there wasn't really anybody on the roster who both deserves to end the streak, and could really use it. I'd heard rumours that the million dollar son was being lined up as a posibility, but it's far too early in his career to even consider giving him that honour.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Ted Jr is good but he doesn't hold a patch on Swagger

Swagger is excellent though, he is 6 foot 6 but he suits it, he is not all bulk or muscle either, he seems perfectly proportioned, he is also a very good amature wrestler, he set a singles record in amature wrestling in college with 30 pins in a season, better than anyone since or before so that gives an insight into his mat work, he is also a bright guy, he graduated with a degree in Finance as well as being a genuine two time all American with Wrestling and Football

I think he is one of those guys who is just annoyingly good at everything, you should check out his TV matches with Matt Hardy, Finlay and his couple of one on ones with Christian, all excellent

I agree with Guns though, no one should really take the streak, I don't like it but now its pointless, I wanted it to end when The Undertaker could have done something about it, taking it at the end of his career is pointless for his character as well in my opinion, that said I don't want him to take any more big scalps at Mania
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:48 pm

At this stage I don't think anyone will end the streak Taker will probably go 20-0 before retiring but if it was going to end i would like to see Evan Bourne end it.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm

I was thinking he would go to 20-0 now but after hearing next Aprils WrestleMania revenge tour is being billed The Undertakers retirement tour then I'm not so sure he will see 20-0

If it had to go then I'd like to see Christian end it, then Jack Swagger and 3rd John Morrison (I think)
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

if someone was going to break it i would like it to be Chris Jericho, Christian or Ted Dibiase Jr but i would let him get it to at least the milestone of 20 before someone broke it

Last edited by boschbourne06 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:01 pm

I agree that there's no point really ending it now, it's gone on too long anyway so you may as well let Taker retire undefeated at Mania. Ironically, i will remember 'Taker not by 'the streak' but more about his all round ability as a performer, various gimmicks and legendary feuds. He doesn't need the streak to be remembered but i guess it immortalises him just that little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26   Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next