Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

John Terry stripped of the England captaincy

Go down 
+5
dwindow
hodge13
Saint Jimmy
Sexton Hardcastle
Grecian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : John Terry stripped of the England captaincy Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

John Terry stripped of the England captaincy Empty
PostSubject: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:38 pm

It's being reported on the BBC website that Terry has lost the captaincy although he's free to carry on being selected for the national side.

As much as I don't like Terry, I can't help thinking he's been shafted in all this. What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty' and all that?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Country : John Terry stripped of the England captaincy England-1

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 pm

he is innocent until proven guilty, but to have a national captain facing any kind of charges seems a little unwise. The captain above everyone is supposed to represent our country. But then again we are a country of racists John Terry stripped of the England captaincy 64779
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Bit of a joke I think as once again the FA and Capello have bowed to public pressure.

Its a stupid move because I cant see anyone else being able to lead England to at least moderate success at the Euros as no one else with maybe the exception of Gerrard (if he plays) is a natural leader.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

like said already, what has happend to innocent until proven guilty?

However he is the best leader England have at the moment in the squad. Think Gerrard will get the captaincy but would rather Scott Parker or Joe Hart got it.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

John Terry versus germany = loss. If we get far enough to meet them anyway. He should never have got the arm band back so quickly anyway. Someone like parker who just keeps on working hard and keeps out of the limelight will be a fresh approach. Don't give it to hart just incase he has to deal with refs thus isn't as focused
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : John Terry stripped of the England captaincy Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:54 pm

I've never liked Keepers as captain, I think they're too far out of the pace of the game, plus it's hard for them to motivate a team and lead the way a CB or midfielder can.

I think Gerrard should do it for the short term, then either give it back to Terry (if innocent) or someone who's going to be in the side for a while - Gary Cahill, for instance.

There's also the hypocrisy of it - he's not fit to be captain, but is okay to play for his country?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:13 pm

I only said Hart as he is the most likely to have a very long run in the team therefore would bring some stability being capatin.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Personally, I think it's the right decision to strip him of the captaincy but I wouldn't have had him anyway. I think Parker is a good call for a temporary captain but as for the long term I don't think that appointment will be made until a new boss takes over with their plans going forward
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:22 pm

It doesn't seem to me like most of the players in the current England squad would respect the authority of any captain, so this won't affect England much at all IMO.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

But in football does a captain really matter? The manager takes the team talks and decides who plays and how they play, the captain only conducts themselves well in front on the media
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 pm

I would say so, maybe not at the top level but with City you notice differences in how we play under different captains and how verbal they are. Louis Carey very verbal as captain and not affraid to bollock a player if theyre doing something wrong, but seems well respected. Skuse, not as vocal as leader, but wouldn't have a go at the players on the pitch from what i've seen etc.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 am

may aswell play lescott over terry anyway, another who just gets on with his job. I'm just sick of hearing about terry and some of the players must be too, considering he's not even half the player he was 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Country : John Terry stripped of the England captaincy Ireland

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:27 pm

It's twice now he's been stripped of the captaincy. I really don't think he should be playing for England anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:30 pm

This is all embarrasing really.

John Terry should retire from international football now, fuck em.

Not sure who will get captaincy now, Im betting Rooney.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:35 pm

I'd go for Rooney as captain.

Regarding him getting stripped! it is total bollocks. He should of never been stripped of it in the 1st place! But thats another story. Twice been stripped of it without being found guilty!
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Rooney is missing first 2 games of Euro's though
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Minor details Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Terry stripped of the England captaincy   John Terry stripped of the England captaincy Empty

Back to top Go down

John Terry stripped of the England captaincy
Page 1 of 1