Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem

Go down 
+2
hodge13
MaFish
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem Empty
PostSubject: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Fight this Friday, what are your thoughts on this match up? Going to be a tough fight for Brock, Overeem being a formeer Strikeforce, Dream and K-1 champion, a win will most likely result in a title fight for either men.

For Brock he could go on to face his TUF opponent Junior Dos Santos, finally showing who the better coach was as their scheduled fight never came to fruition. For Overeem it would make one hell of a UFC debut to run through Lesnar.

Lesnars record stands at 5-2 with 2 wins coming by way of KO, 2 by way of submission and 1 decision. With a loss each coming from both KO and submission.

Overeem's record coming in at 35-11-1, with 14 KOs, 19 submissions and 2 decisions.

Its easy to give this to Reem on experience alone, but I think Lesnar wants it bad, had a shitty 2011 out for much of it with illness he just wants to get back in there and regain his gold.

Other fights include Nate Diaz vs Donald Cerrone, John Fitch vs Johny Hendricks, Matyushenko vs Gustafsson, Nam Phan vs Jimy Hettes, and England's OWN Ross Pearson vs Brazil's Junior Assuncao.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Is this Lesnar's last fight on his UFC contract? Wasn't there a load of fuss about him not being able to do WWE stuff while he is contracted to UFC. So if this were his last fight he could still easily make a WWE WM appearance.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Not heard anything about that, don't think he'd go back to WWE full-time anyway, he only wanted the WM payday, and doesn't like the publicity he has to do on a WWE run. He's happy just doing the occaisional build up for a big fight, he can't be arsed with anything more, just look at his time coaching TUF.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm

If the fight remains standing, Overeem will win by TKO as he is a big name K1 fighter.

If it goes to the ground Lesnar will win either by TKO via strikes or judges decision.

If it goes past the first 2 rounds Lesnar will win as Overeem gassed easily in his last fight.

...eitherway, whoever wins will be getting his arse handed to him by JDS next year.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Read something from JR saying he doesn't think Lesnar would come to WWE and travel on the road or do anything remotely like a part-time schedule so it'd have to be on a super-show like WrestleMania. Not to mention I heard he got like $5 million last year and I don't think he would get anywhere near that in WWE even on a full-time schedule.

I've always thought I would like MMA but the fights I have seen have been boring one guy lying on the other for 3 rounds, maybe I just haven't seen enough to cast an opinion yet.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Brock would be stupid to stand with a Kickboxing world champ. I agree, ground and pound is what Brock is good at. Overeem is going to be tough to submit, so I give Brock's best chance is g&p.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:58 pm

after a quick scout, this overeem is a big lad isnt he?

Brock might need a slice of luck if he's not technically as good?

Might watch this just to see how it goes, looks intruiging anyway
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 pm

dwindow wrote:

I've always thought I would like MMA but the fights I have seen have been boring one guy lying on the other for 3 rounds, maybe I just haven't seen enough to cast an opinion yet.

Sounds like you've been watching too manyGeorge St Pierre fights taking th piss out o

Don't judge MMA by that one tactic as it depends on the fighter, so if you want to see exciting fights then checkout Anderson 'the spider' Silver (guy in MaFishs sig), Jon 'Bones' Jones to name a few... oh and Chael Sonne just for the bollocks he comes out with (challenging Silva to a loser leaves town match taking th piss out o )
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:23 pm

it does vary, i've not seen too much was put off at first with seemingly the less fit guys relying on pinning someone down without doing anything. Saw a fight on 5 a few weeks back that was one of the best ever i'm sure though. Fucking forgot who it was now i'm that much of a rookie when it comes to mma fighters.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 am

My sig is Silva's reaction to said challenge. I think that was theDan Henderson vs Shogan on 5 a few weeks back. Was a scrap and half that. If you can find these are a few decent fights... Rick Story vs Brian Foster from UFC 103, BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson UFC 84, the original Stephen Bonnar and Forrest Griffin. Find some Terry Etim if you can too, Scouse kid muay Thai kick boxer, talented kid.

The Jon Jones vs Machida was a good fight, Machida didn't have an answer for anything Bones had.

Overeem has won 10 of the last 11 fights were Brock hasn't fought in a year, when he lost his title, on paper this is Overeem's fight, that said I can't write Brock off. His power could be too much for Overeem.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhSdcoQp7s

Full fight I think is on here for anyone bothered Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:25 pm

just let him keep kneeing his gut/ribs what a cop out Embarassed

UFC needs to sort out it's value for money for fans. Atleast if you go to the boxing you get 7 or 8 undercard fights that total 30+ rounds of action
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:12 pm

And in MMA you get an average of 9 fights per card, not all going the distance, but the good fights rarely do, people want an exciting fight, which sometimes is a little quicker than most would like, but it beats the shit outta 2 guys dancing and hugging and shit lol. From what I've heard about the Co main event (fight of the night honors btw), it went the distance and Diaz looked amazing with his boxing.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm

aye, I wont judge mma on lesnar at all anyway. I think my prediction of him needing alot of luck was right though anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Just watched the fight, it was a kick to Lesnar's kidney region, you have to take into account that's where he had the surgery abit ago. He looked like he was waving the ref after the kick. Good debut for Overeem.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:37 pm

was clear of overeems plan about 5 knees to set up a kick

I liked how the commentary was so WWE. "kick to the surgically repaired body" as if they had to sell it
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Lol yeah I agree on the commentary. It's all pro wrestling in the build up anyway, dudes cutting old school Ole Anderson promos and shit. As noted with the Chael Sonnen loser leaves town challenge lol.
Back to top Go down
The Cork
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
The Cork

Location : Wolverhampton Number of posts : 10 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock
Ultimate Warrior
Rick Rude

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:38 am

Yay, MMA fans.

Did anyone see that Hettis guy who beat Nam Phan?

Guy looked legit.

Also, lol @ Fitch getting banged out in 12 secs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem   UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem
Page 1 of 1