Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Twitter

Go down 
+3
Grecian
Worthy
Discopants
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Twitter   Twitter EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Anyone else wish WWE would just fuck off with this???

Christ knows how many times it got mentioned on Raw. Cole must have said it 50 times, we get constantly reminded who has more followers, every wrestler's twitter page is advertised under their name during the entrance and even The Rock mentioned it 4 or 5 times during his promo on Monday.

I dread to think what aimless shit gets discussed "worldwide" amongst the "universe" on their but it's not as if we need to be reminded every 30 seconds on air.

And who follows their shite anyway? It's all run by WWE so nobody is gonna say anything properly out of character, the tweets from these accounts are about as real as an in-ring promo.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 am

I agree Disco as it is getting beyond a joke and they even have a Twitter account address show up on their entrance ticker now, WTF!!

Seriously i've tried Twitter once (to shut my friends up) and it is over-hyped rubbish, infact it's so over-hyped now that nearly all TV shows are jumping on the bandwagon by putting hash tags before their shows.

However I don't think you understand how Twitter work as basically people Tweet comments with the hash tag (ie; #WWE) and not only will everybody who searches WWE on Twitter see your Tweet, but ofcourse all them comments containing that hash tag get sent to WWE's Twitter page. Also if a hash tag gets used alot and is in the top 5 it's considered to be trending, so people must be posting something like “#Michael_Cole is a fag, get rid of him #WWE” (note; they never read any messages on air).

So I see why these TV shows do it as trending = free publicity.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:38 am

Wade Barrett's is quite funny.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:26 pm

As a TV viewer I hate seeing all the feud's play out on Twitter but some guys are quite funny on Twitter which is why I follow them. Just for some perspective, the wrestlers I follow are:
William Regal
MVP
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Chris Jericho
CM Punk

I find them all interesting and like to follow what MVP is up to these days
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:52 pm

I used to follow quite a few wrestlers but they were boring as fuck. Miz was quite decent a while back but got boring. As did Jericho. Only two I follow now are The Rock and CM Punk.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I don't mind to a certain extent. It's ok to show the twitter names and hashtags on the screen but to constantly keep chatting about it is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Im with Horizon, I dont care about the whole twitter names on their entrances. I dont think it affects the product whatsoever but when the commentators are constantly banging on about what is trending takes the focus away from what is going on in the ring and its just plain annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter   Twitter Empty

Back to top Go down

Twitter
Page 1 of 1