Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Daniel Bryan Situation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

The Daniel Bryan Situation Empty
PostSubject: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Im just wondering, am I the only one who is getting extremely annoyed at WWE's constant misuse and poor booking of Daniel Bryan?

The way he was booked before he won the Briefcase it made no sense to give him the case considering how much he had been jobbed out since he lost the US title but it also represented a good opportunity to wipe that all out and get him over and into the main event which got me excited as I am a big fan of his work. However as we all know he is being jobbed out to Wade Barrett and Sin Cara every week still and has been made to look like a fool by Sin Cara the past two weeks. Not exactly a great push for a guy who could very well be in the main event of Wrestlemania, not that I think he will as I believe he will lose it.

As big a fan I am of his, it just puzzles me as to why they would make him look so weak and give him the case instead of giving it to someone else who is already over with the crowd or if they do have big plans for him then why keep burying him as he is never going to get over with mainstream fans which ultimately should be their big plan for him, surely?

What do you think will happen with him and the case?

How else would you book him?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Nice read Jimmy. I said on another thread that I don't know what all the fuss is about with Daniel Bryan. To me he is pretty average. I didn't know about him before he came to WWE but since his debut I have read a lot about him and everyone thinks he is great - but I just don't see it. It is probably the way WWE have booked him, as you've said.

At this moment in time, I can't see him winning the World Title when he cashes it in and find it strange that they gave him it. His current situation is strange to me also. Why fued with Sin Cara, a guy who isn't the real Sin Cara and is suspended. So if this fued contineus, Bryan will have to work with two different guys for the same fued?? Makes no sense to me.

Is his Wrestling style to Chris Benoits? I'm asking because nothing he really does stands out but heard he's a good submission wrestler.

As booking him goes, I'll leave that to you my friend because I wouldn't know where to begin.

Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 pm

I obviously dont know what you look for in a wrestler and what entertains you but I honestly think Mackem that if you get chance to see his ROH stuff like his fued with Samoa Joe, Nigel McGuinness (Desmond Wolfe) and James Gibson (Jamie Noble) and some of his Japanese stuff you would become a fan. As for his wrestling style, I think he is a hybrid of Japanese and British wrestling styles, as he focuses on submissions and stiff elbows and kicks but will go to the top rope and perform headbutts and elbow drops, so I would maybe say he was like a mix of Benoit, Jushin Thunder Liger and Regal.

There is no way he could possibly win a world title at the moment and have it not be a success commercially as in tv ratings and what not as he just unfortunately isnt over. Its obviously down to him get beat most weeks but I think they need to change his entrance music and maybe even turn him heel as I think he performs better as a heel like he did in ROH when he won the title as he is very good on the mic, however if he was to do that character which is based upon being arrogant and claiming he is "the best in the world", it is being currently ripped off by CM Punk, so it may not get over but it could lead to a fued between the two which I personally would love to see happen.

But the first thing that I would change about him is that I would have Michael Cole stop constantly burying the guy every week. No wonder he isnt over when Cole is constantly berating him and Bryan does nothing about it.

He needs to face some main event caliber people, e.g. Randy Orton, Sheamus, Punk and be made to look credible and maybe even pick up a couple of tv victories and definately get a few submission victories over these people as it will definately give him momentum and hopefully push him up the card but he first of all needs to stop being booked to look weak against Sin Cara
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:03 am

I obviously dont know what you look for in a wrestler and what entertains you but I honestly think Mackem that if you get chance to see his ROH stuff like his fued with Samoa Joe, Nigel McGuinness (Desmond Wolfe) and James Gibson (Jamie Noble) and some of his Japanese stuff you would become a fan. As for his wrestling style, I think he is a hybrid of Japanese and British wrestling styles, as he focuses on submissions and stiff elbows and kicks but will go to the top rope and perform headbutts and elbow drops, so I would maybe say he was like a mix of Benoit, Jushin Thunder Liger and Regal.

I'd add his bouts with Takeshi Morishima to this, the stiffest, most painful wrestling matches I've ever seen, and definitely worth watching.

As for Bryan, he is fantastic in-ring, as with all indie guys, WWE's booking style of using about 7 moves really holds him back.

His feud with Sin Cara is in some ways a pat on the back from management - everything Sin Cara does seems to be a botch, both the old and new Cara have been made to reqork bouts that went wrong, so by using Bryan in this one shows that the McMahons have absolute faith in his wrestling ability.

As for how I'd book him:

I'd give him a short run with Cody Rhodes over the IC title, finishing with a PPV match between the two. Bryan wins, and then faces a few midcarders - Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel, finishing with facing Wade Barrett to blow off their feud. he wins each bout by submission, using a different hold each time.

I'd then book him in the Rumble, he 'needs the competition' or somesuch. I'd put him in early, and he stays in a long time, but doesn't win. I would give him a couple of big name wins, before being eliminated by Mark Henry. At this stage, he offers an open challenge each week, and beats whoever comes out to beat him, across Raw and Smackdown.

Elimination Chamber - he doesn't compete, but does guest commentary on the Smackdown Chamber match. At the end, Randy Orton wins to retain/win the belt.

At this stage, he gives up the IC belt, as he wants to concentrate on the World title at Mania. This opens up an 8 man tournament, with the final at Mania itself. This would hopefully make the IC title a big deal again, and start to add prestige back to it.

The build between these two would focus on the WWE vs Indie aspect of it. Orton bigs himself up as the best WWE has to offer, Bryan tells him he faced better wrestlers in the school gyms he was wrestling in before going to WWE. In the run-in, I'd have Bryan beat the likes of Mark Henry, Christian and Sheamus by submission, people saying he's on the roll of his career, all that jazz.

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 am

Quote :
e.g. Randy Orton, Sheamus, Punk and be made to look credible and maybe even pick up a couple of tv victories and definately get a few submission victories

Orton & Sheamus will never submit to anyone now they're face's.
And if Bryan does turn heel, he'll get booked worse, as thats WWE's style.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Mackem wrote:
Nice read Jimmy. I said on another thread that I don't know what all the fuss is about with Daniel Bryan. To me he is pretty average. I didn't know about him before he came to WWE but since his debut I have read a lot about him and everyone thinks he is great - but I just don't see it. It is probably the way WWE have booked him, as you've said.

In his time at WWE his matches with Jericho and Ziggler are all worth a watch
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
Quote :
e.g. Randy Orton, Sheamus, Punk and be made to look credible and maybe even pick up a couple of tv victories and definately get a few submission victories

Orton & Sheamus will never submit to anyone now they're face's.
And if Bryan does turn heel, he'll get booked worse, as thats WWE's style.

I didnt mean Orton and Sheamus exactly, I just couldnt think of any other top faces on Smackdown so I just said them. I meant people along the lines of them.
As for the turning heel thing, you are right as he will most likely become a cowardly heel but if it was up to me in my ideal booking Id turn him heel.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Hardcore Waffles wrote:
Mackem wrote:

In his time at WWE his matches with Jericho and Ziggler are all worth a watch

And his matches with DiBiase were always entertaining to me.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Cheers guys. I'll check them out when I get time. I think I need to watch him before his WWE time to appreciate him more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking he is rubbish, I just hadn't seen him before WWE, like pretty much other guys from indie's.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Watch this Mack:

Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Pbviously you are not just going to become a fan of his by just watching these couple of matches but it might give you a taster of what he was like when he was on the indies.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Daniel Bryan Situation   The Daniel Bryan Situation Empty

Back to top Go down

The Daniel Bryan Situation
Page 1 of 1