Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? Empty
PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Quote :
Two of the biggest rumors currently making their way around the internet include Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto 5 and Nintendo’s next home video game console, currently codenamed Project Café. So when a new report brings two of the largest hot topics currently being spoken amongst gamers everywhere, you better believe Game Rant is going to cover it. That means that even if you didn’t look at the sweet header image above (for some reason) and went straight into this article then hopefully you’ve already peiced together where I’m going with this.

The latest rumor is from none other than the French website Gamekyo and it states that Rockstar is indeed prepping GTA V, but this game won’t be skipping out on a Nintendo console version this time around. That’s where the Wii 2 comes into play, because apparently Rockstar has a dev kit for the unrevealed system and they are hard at work trying to get GTA 5 ready for the new console’s launch. This is certainly a surprising amount of news at first glance, but after some thought it makes a lot of sense. Nintendo and Rockstar have always gotten along, and Rockstar hasn’t neglected Nintendo in the past as is evident by the Wii version of Bully, and even Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS.

Those who currently own an Xbox 360 or PS3 shouldn’t feel threatened by this rumor though, because Rockstar Games isn’t likely to forget about other console owners anytime soon. The french gaming site also states that the new Grand Theft Auto game will also be coming to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Of course, that portion of this rumor is something completely obvious, and makes a ton of sense. Unless Nintendo were to pay Rockstar a stupidly large amount of cash to keep the game platform exclusive, there’s just no way Rockstar would even consider missing out on the other 2/3 of the market.

Rockstar is said to be hoping to have GTA V ready in time for the new Nintendo system’s launch in late 2012, which is some of the best news any Nintendo fan could hope for. If Nintendo is really serious about recapturing the heart of the core gaming crowd then having Grand Theft Auto prominently featured as a launch title for their new system is sure to get them a long way. Grand Theft Auto is one of the largest franchises currently on the market, and if these rumors turn out to be true, it couldn’t possibly be a bad thing for Nintendo or its loyals.

This rumor says the soonest we’ll see Grand Theft Auto 5 – and Nintendo’s new console – in action is at this year’s E3. Of course, maybe these rumors were just a mistake and Rockstar/Take-Two are actually working on Space Station Silicon Valley 2, or maybe I’m just dreaming again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I wouldn't be suprised as Nintendo has said they will no longer be putting restrictions on third parties (ie; more adult games on Nintendo consoles) and Wii2 is bound to be more powerful than Xbox360 and PS3 thats been out for ages now (if not, why make a Wii2 then?).
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:06 am

why the fuck would gta become a nintendo exclusive, one of the best selling games on the worst console?

no
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:39 am

Just a few points for you C4lum:

(1) We don't know if the Wii2 will fail yet, although it'll probably do well until PS4 and Xbox900 (or whatever there names will be) get made.

(2) I wouldn't exactly call the current Wii a fail as it out sold both PS3 and Xbox360 for the first few years until PS3 and Xbox360 lowered there prices, plus Nintendo do make alot of money from their own games like Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl, Wii fit plus, etc... which still sell well today even though they have been released years ago... Not to mention Move and Kinect were influenced by them too, it's safe to say Wii did okay for a graphical inferior console with no real joypad.

(3) If Wii2 is more powerful than PS3 and Xbox360 (I doubt it myself) then most games on it by third party publishers will be Wii2 exclusives due to trouble porting a downgraded version to lower consoles (which is why most current multi-platform games these days are only on PS3 and Xbox360).

(4) ...However I do believe this GTA will be on PS3 atleast and maybe Xbox360 at a later date as PS3 gets all the GTA games.

(5) The last Nintendo exclusive GTA was China Town Wars on the DS and got released later for the PS3, so I reckon atleast PS3 will get it.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:44 am

Worthy wrote:

(5) The last Nintendo exclusive GTA was China Town Wars on the DS and got released later for the PS3, so I reckon atleast PS3 will get it.

that wasnt a exclusive for nintendo as it came out on the Ipod/Iphone
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:46 am

you've miss read it as its only a launch game with the new console not a exclusive the new GTA is coming out on xbox and ps3 as well the only way it would happen if nintendo pay a stupid amount of money which would cover the money they would miss selling it on the 360 and ps3 which would be a huge amount of money and i dont think they have that kind of money to waste on one game.

Also the new Wii isnt going to be called Wii 2 its going to have a different name.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:04 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
Worthy wrote:

that wasnt a exclusive for nintendo as it came out on the Ipod/Iphone

I'm not sure but if I remember correctly the Ipod/Ipad versions came after the PS3 version as it was a DS exclusive for a while and even hyped as such.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
you've miss read it as its only a launch game with the new console not a exclusive the new GTA is coming out on xbox and ps3 as well the only way it would happen if nintendo pay a stupid amount of money which would cover the money they would miss selling it on the 360 and ps3 which would be a huge amount of money and i dont think they have that kind of money to waste on one game.

Also the new Wii isnt going to be called Wii 2 its going to have a different name.

No I was responding to a previous post where someone said why would it be exclusive and like I said, unless Project Cafe (or whatever it will be called) is way more powerful than the current gen consoles to the point that i'll be hard to port over (even then they could release a downgraded version for the current gen consoles), it's bound to be on PS3 and Xbox360 or atleast PS3 as I don't Sony has missed a GTA game yet.

BTW we will find out the name of Wii's successor at E3 in there June 7th stage show.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:43 pm

oh sorry worthy and E3 should be huge this year
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Quote :
(4) ...However I do believe this GTA will be on PS3 atleast and maybe Xbox360 at a later date as PS3 gets all the GTA games.

Except Xbox got all the GTA 4 stuff earlier than PS3 so is more likely that PS3 will get it a later date than 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:04 am

InvincibleIleak wrote:
Quote :

Except Xbox got all the GTA 4 stuff earlier than PS3 so is more likely that PS3 will get it a later date than 360.

thats because 360 paid more for it as it was only going to be on ps3 until they paid a load of dough for it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???   Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto 5 is A Wii 2 Launch Title ???
Page 1 of 1