Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Who will star in 2011

Go down 
+9
Rocky2
Hardcore Waffles
feяgie22
hodge13
dwindow
boschbourne06
Saint Jimmy
Perfect Jack
Mackem
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Who will star in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 pm

2010 almost over and we've seen the rise of Sheamus and The Miz become World Champions. So the question I ask is who do you think will make 2011 his/her year?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 pm

I would like Cody Rhodes to get a half decent title run and a push into the main event with some title shots hear and there.

But the stars of 2011 will definetly be Alberto Del Rio and Wade Barrett.

Not to pushed about the Women's division to be honest. Just good to look at really nothing really entertaining about them.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Can't argue about those two Jack. Personally I'm thinking John Morrison will be world champion by this time next year.

Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 pm

I think if CM Punk stays injury free he'll have a big year. Same for Jack Swagger
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:53 pm

i think Miz will continue to shine in 2011.

I think Cody will start to shine as well with a intercontinental title run.

i think the big star will be Wade Barrett though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:28 pm

I can't argue with the talk of Del Rio and Barrett, they are very talented and will surely both have had title runs by this time next year. The Miz should continue to solidify himself in the main events. All three mentioned above are heels so there must be a face who is going to step up and with the execption of Morrison although I can't think of one. Whether or not Morrison has a big year depends on his result tonight though, a loss to Sheamus and I see him relegated to the mid-card
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan and Jack Swagger
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Del Rio, Barrett, Swagger, McIntyre, Morrison
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Ziggler, Swagger, Barrett, Del Rio
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Triple H
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Rob Terry Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:01 am

Ezekiel Jackson is my shout.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm

I think Wade Barrett needs a better chance to star, he's been crapped all over basically since his introduction, but I think once he gets away from what has become awful Nexus, and a possible move to Smackdown, Barrett can become a big star in his own right, he is definetly recognisable now and a feud with his old mentor Jericho could be good.

Alberto Del Rio is having a pretty massive push and I would be very surprised not to see him as a world champion by the end of the year, he has got a much better character than somebody like Koslov who was pushed in pretty much the same speed.

The Miz should get his chance to shine, since the John Cena 'feud' WWE seem to have let him have his shot, a refreshing rise to the top, even with the Money in the Bank contract doesn't seem to have been fast-tracked, he had his mid card run and tag team run, and has been in and around the main event a few times, I think 2011 could be his chance to cement himself as a top heel in WWE.

Other guys who have chance to be the stars of 2011:

Jack Swagger- There is a slot for a main event face on Smackdown, and Swagger could fill it, already set up to be the patriotic figure, similar to Angle.

Cody Rhodes- Entertaining, good wrestler, good on the mic, decent enough gimmick, if allowed to run with it, could break into the main event.

Ezekiel Jackson- Last ever ECW Champ, could have been in the main event by now if it wasn't for injury, got the size, not sure about charisma, or whether he can make enough of an impact to stay in the top.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Ezekiel Jackson gets a lot of praise on here and on 606, but what's the fuss about him? Am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 pm

am i seriously the only one to have mentioned Daniel Bryan?

The guy already gets a good crowd reaction, he's proved he can put on a top match with near anyone in the company and he isn't exactly a mug on the mic. He has a fued with Wade Barrett set for the future over him being 'kicked out' of Nexus, WWE already also have a planned fued with Punk for him which will definitly help Bryan show what extent he can star to.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:49 pm

I think Daniel Bryan too. I must have forgotten to put him on. I think a fued with Punk will only mean good things for him as it could bring out his personality more so with the crowd which although hes over in general, I still think hes needs to emotionally connect with the younger so called "Cena" fans. I cant see him getting a world title next year but I can see him definately having a good year and some good programmes and hopefully a good long title reign with the US title, but stranger things have happened and he could end up becoming a world champion as I think hes over and I wouldnt put it past WWE to do so.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 am

Perfect Jack wrote:
Ezekiel Jackson gets a lot of praise on here and on 606, but what's the fuss about him? Am I missing something here?

I think it has something to do with his size, and Vince creams himself over big guys, so he will be pushed, and he's been moved to SmackDown.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 am

Perfect Jack wrote:

A few reasons - his size, he's a huge dude (and as mentioned before, I've shouted abuse at Brian kendrick at a house show and got 'The Glare' from Jackson, and pretty much crapped myself). For a new guy, he's reasonably over, he's starting to get a response from live audiences. He's had a few pretty good matches (vs Christian at the Rumble), so there's some talent there. He's got the size and the beginnings of a moveset that could really send him up the card.

He gives the impression he can play a heel or face; I'd quite to see him as the guy who just hammers everyone he faces, with a huge grin on his face. I've picked out a few guys before who've done sod all once I've predicted big things for them (Ricky Ortiz, anyone?), but this guy... if he can stay injury-free, he'll be main-eventing by this time next year.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am

Grecian wrote:
Perfect Jack wrote:

A few reasons - his size, he's a huge dude (and as mentioned before, I've shouted abuse at Brian kendrick at a house show and got 'The Glare' from Jackson, and pretty much crapped myself). For a new guy, he's reasonably over, he's starting to get a response from live audiences. He's had a few pretty good matches (vs Christian at the Rumble), so there's some talent there. He's got the size and the beginnings of a moveset that could really send him up the card.

He gives the impression he can play a heel or face; I'd quite to see him as the guy who just hammers everyone he faces, with a huge grin on his face. I've picked out a few guys before who've done sod all once I've predicted big things for them (Ricky Ortiz, anyone?), but this guy... if he can stay injury-free, he'll be main-eventing by this time next year.

Fair play to him then. We'll see how he gets on, he'll probably be a face on Smackdown as they are a bit light in that department.

Fergie, I agree with you there Vince does have a fetish for the big muscular fella's.
Back to top Go down
thejondog
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
thejondog

Location : London Number of posts : 43 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk Daniel Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 pm

I think its clear that Wade Barrett and Del Rio will continue to rise in 2011. I think they will both win a major title next year

I also think Morrison could be in the Miz' position this time next year.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm

So 5 months in, i went with Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan and Jack Swagger

Del Rio - main event scene
Wade Barrett - IC title
Bryan - the fued that never happend with Punk hurt him i feel as it would have given him a good push
Swagger - FAIL

Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Del Rio - Main Event
Barrett - IC Champion
Swagger - Fucking about with commentators
McIntyre - Not doing much
Morrison - Main Event tonight
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Miz - Still Champion
Cody - In A Good Feud With Rey
Wade - IC Champ
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Rocky wrote:
Triple H

Wrestled - 1
Lost - 1

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will star in 2011   Who will star in 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will star in 2011
Page 1 of 1