Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV

Go down 
+10
mrtc2003
Worthy
bazz23-v2 ®™
Saint Jimmy
InvincibleIleak
feяgie22
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Hardcore Waffles
boschbourne06
JacMan
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV Empty
PostSubject: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Source: Pwinsider.com

-- The idea to make the TNA Hard Justice PPV an "ECW" themed event happened at the Monday tapings. There was a planned direction for the ECW crew, but they along with Tommy Dreamer pitched a new direction which Dixie Carter approved. Carter also signed off on Dreamer running the show, which at this time is planned to be a "one off" ECW show. Many are impressed with how much trust Dreamer has been given by management.

-- The August 8th PPV has been renamed "Hardcore Justice: One Last Stand," and a new commercial has been sent out to PPV providers. The commercial reportedly features an ECW chant, something the company will have to be very careful about using for legal reasons.

-- As noted earlier, Tommy Dreamer has been contacting talent about doing the show, while TNA's Terry Taylor is handling the financial side of things.

-- Talent expected to appear are Jerry Lynn, The Sandman, Sabu, Spike Dudley, The FBI, Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney and Swinger. No contracts have been signed and many people booked have asked that their name be kept quiet.

-- They plan is to headline the PPV with an RVD vs. Jerry Lynn match. The plan is to announce two or three matches ahead of time, and then fill the card out via surprise, like ECW used to most of the time.

-- The show is also not the big surprise mentioned previously by Dixie Carter.

-- Paul Heyman has nothing to do with the angle at this time.

-- The response of the former ECW wrestlers has been interesting. Some feel excited about the possibility, while others are just acting like it is just another show since they have been down this road before. Some have been extremely thankful for the chance to work the event, while some have tried to get as much as they can from the company for their appearance. One talent, who has been off of TV for years, is refusing to come in unless is was granted a multi-year contract by TNA.

-- At this time, the PPV is the only event planed with the ECW theme. But there could be more appearances from ECW alumni after the show, if they can be integrated into TNA storylines.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 pm

MAIN EVENT SPOILER

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Sounds shite
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Who would honestly pay money to watch this? I'd get more enjoyment out of watching an old ECW PPV when they were in their prime, not 45+ year olds who will probably struggle to produce anything more than a few nostalga moments.

Fuck you TNA, concentrate on TNA not ECW for fuck sake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 pm

its a ECW over kill
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Think they've gave up on trying to be WCW & WWE?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm

yeah lol trying out ECW instead of trying to be themselves maybe one day they'll get it
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Jerry Lynn can still go. And so can RVD, why not just wait until the match happens then gripe all you want. Theyve some awesome matches in the past and quite franky I'd rather watch that than Sting squashing some up and coming talent in the main event.

But if I could choose Id rather see Samoa Joe vs McGuinness for the title or one of those vs AJ
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Why don't people realize that ECW died years ago for a reason?? it was shite and didn't have the mass appeal

feяgie22 wrote:

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Why don't people realize that ECW died years ago for a reason?? it was shite and didn't have the mass appeal

feяgie22 wrote:

taking th piss out o

I thought it died because no TV station would sign a TV deal with them (and when they did it was for a short while with no adverts for it) due to the nature of there shows and as a result, not many people knew they existed and lets be honest if it wasn't for stuff like when they invaded Raw, the Alliance storyline and all this stuff thats going on in TNA now with them, nobody would have heard of ECW.

I think Eric Bischoff said it best on that rise and fall of ECW dvd when he said "it's okay to do thats sort of stuff now and again, but when you do it all the time you get a reputation and no TV networks will touch it".

I only saw ECW towards the end when Bravo used to show it late at night (i'm talking about stupid times like 1am with no adverts for it) and I only knew about it because I was marking off a film in the TV guide that was on Bravo and spotted that it said ECW wrestling was on after it.

Seriously Bazz I suggest you do what I did and check out there back catalouge (especially the RVD vs Jerry Lynn match) as it's not just about blood, guts and weapons as they were some good matches on it too.

Personally I hope this becomes so successful that WWE realise people do not want a PG kiddies show.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Worthy wrote:
Personally I hope this becomes so successful that WWE realise people do not want a PG kiddies show.

By 'people' I assume you mean the IWC. Why the hell would WWE care what the IWC want, it's the kids that buy the merchandise, the kids that get the WWE tons of money, most of the IWC don't even pay the Pay-Per-Views, it would make no sense for them to do what we want. So I wouldn't expect it to change from a 'PG kiddies show' for a while yet.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:46 pm

InvincibleIleak wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't know. It was pretty obvious that RVD would beat Cena for the WWE back at One Night Stand 2006 but they stilll managed to have a great match and the crowd was well up for it. So I don't see why this match couldn't be for the World Title no matter how obvious the victor might be.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Just because it obvious who is going to win doesnt mean that its going to be a bad match. If its the right thing to do and its obvious then they should do.

E.g. Samoa Joes title reign in ROH lasted nearly 2 years and the only times he looked like he could possibly lose it was when he faced CM Punk and Danielson but still he had 29 title defenses so the majority you knew the outcome and he still had some awesome matches against people from Japan and other ROH roster members or when HHH turned out to be the one who attacked HBK and they had that awesome match at Summerslam 02. Predictablity isnt all that bad a thing in pro wrestling, its bad sometimes when they try to sell a predictable swerve like when karen Angle turned on Joe to team with Kurt at Hard Justice. Sometimes a swerve for the sake of unpredictability can be bad too like when Vince turned out to be the leader of Ministry of Darkness.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Okay, fair enough, but in no way does it need a world title.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:13 am

InvincibleIleak wrote:
Worthy wrote:

By 'people' I assume you mean the IWC. Why the hell would WWE care what the IWC want, it's the kids that buy the merchandise, the kids that get the WWE tons of money, most of the IWC don't even pay the Pay-Per-Views, it would make no sense for them to do what we want. So I wouldn't expect it to change from a 'PG kiddies show' for a while yet.

Sorry my wrestling lingo is not upto scratch, so at the danger of sounding stupid, what is IWC?

When I said people I was refering to those who like me feel WWE Attitude era was the best and thinks having a PG wrestling show is pointless, but like you said WWE is aimed at kiddies these days.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:32 am

Internet Wrestling Community.

A lot of the Attitude era was when WWE was PG.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Leek Pg guidlines and such have changed loads you can watch old films that are PG and theyd never be a Pg now
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:23 pm

dont rule out the possibility some heads goan be pissed!

and im not talking about sandman, im talking about tna talent, they will surely have something to say

I hope for a massive angle and joe planned shoot as they would be most capable of pulling it off to look real. lets not just take it for what it is, untill we see it
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 pm

InvincibleIleak wrote:
Internet Wrestling Community.

A lot of the Attitude era was when WWE was PG.

Not the main parts as they had Mae Young topless and alot of the DVD's of PPV's back then are 18 certificate
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 pm

The dvds now aren't PG certificate.

I'm pretty sure that even if the shows are in TV-PG, the Pay per views don't have to be.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:48 pm

I didnt think DVD's were invented during the Attitude Era
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:36 am

feяgie22 wrote:

The In Your House PPV's are on DVD's and that was before the attitude era.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:08 am

Worthy wrote:
feяgie22 wrote:

The In Your House PPV's are on DVD's and that was before the attitude era.

But you can put almost any old footage onto DVD nowadays. I'm pretty sure In Your House was originally released on VHS.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I own Summerslam 2000 on the original WWF DVD, that's towards the end of the attitude era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV   Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV Empty

Back to top Go down

Lots of News Regarding TNA's ECW PPV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next