Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Future England Team

Go down 
+5
Sexton Hardcastle
InvincibleIleak
Grecian
podegarudo
Mackem
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Future England Team Empty
PostSubject: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Ok, now we are out of the World Cup, I've been doing a bit of thinking. What would be your first choice 11 going into the European Championships in 2012?

Personally, I would drop almost all of the starting 11 that played in our last game. My Starting line-up would be:-

GK: Joe Hart
LB: Ashley Cole
CB: Michael Dawson
CB: John Terry
RB: Micah Richards
CDM: Jack Rodwell
LM: Ashley Young
CM: Jack Wiltshire
CM: Tom Huddlestone
RM: Adam Johnson
ST: Wayne Rooney

I thought start from scratch and build for the future. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 pm

id chop and change a bit, assuming none ofthe current crop retires, id go for

-------------Hart
Johnson--Terry--Rio--Cole
----Cattermole--Milner
Lennon--Gerrard--Johnson
-----------Rooney
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 pm

With all due respect, I honestly think the likes of Gerrard and co still have a role to play in the national side. personally, I'd go with...:

GK - Paul Robinson (with Joe Hart needing first team football, I'd look for him to become No 1 the following season).
LB - cashley (complete twat, but still the best LB on earth).
CB - Rio Ferdinand
CB - John Terry
RB - Glen Johnson (only that I can;t think of another English RB that's not Gary Neville. Micah Richards, again needs to be playing first team football, and I don't think he was at Man City).
LM - Joe Cole or Adam Johnson
CM - Rodwell (quality player)
CM - Michael Carrick (much better passer and harder worker than Huddlestone)
RM - Theo Walcott
'In the hole' - Gerrard
ST - Rooney

I think all the talk of dumping virtually the entire team is a knee jerk reaction. Granted, the likes of Ledley King, Carragher, heskey and James should be retired, Lampard is still good enough for a squad place at least (plus if his goal had counted, he'd be a hero roundabout now), Defoe and Crouch, I'd still pick both of those ahead of Agbonlahor.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm

------------------------Hart

G. Johnson----Terry-----Dawson----A. Cole

------------Huddlestone---Barry------------

Walcott----------Gerrard----------Milner

-------------------Rooney-------------------

I'd start Hart now, there is no reason to wait, he's shown he is good enough in the Premier League, it's time we showed some confidence in him.
While Rio is probably the better defender than Terry and Dawson, I just don't think he has the passion for England, the fact he went home after getting injured probably shows that, he is also very injury prone so it would be good for a centreback partnershp to start.
I'd keep Barry in the side, I think he is a good player, his importance was overexaggerated because of his injury and I think with the Germany game he couldn't control all the attacking players on his own.
Walcott has a much better finished product than Lennon and Wright Phillips and he has the pace. If he is injured too much, I'd get Aaron Johnson in on the left with Milner moving to the right.
When Gerrard and Rooney start combining together, things happen, we need to have them linking up.

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 pm

since when did terry become super man on here? He has been total cock for england for 2 years. Needless pass backs half arsed passes, big boots up field, lets it bounce when should just head out. I'd revamp totally and build for 2 to 4 years, not just replace when players cant walk any more. Start hart in goal have ruddy on bench. Get richards fit for right back. Dawson and shawcross. Cole. Milner and young on wings. Huddlestone and gerrard. Rooney and crouch. And obv maynard coming through lol
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm

oh yeah barry isnt too old so swap it round so rooney can be lone striker or whatever
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Terry is playing at a top level, and is still fairly young, I really don't think Shawcross is ready.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 pm

is contrau ready? Elano the best midfielder in the world? Fuck it build a TEAM!! dont just keep going with players who are on the way out, carvalho carries terry for chels. It shows when he has any other partner, even ferdinand!!
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:25 pm

shawcross had a good 6 months followed by bad 6 months so on form and consistencey he is nowhere near ready for englands xi and terry was best of a bad bunch for england at wc along with ashley and james(all be it james wont play for england again imo)
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Most of the 11 I picked were there or there abouts in the England squad. Only really Jack Whilshire hasn't been in an England squad.

As for Terry, I have always been a huge fan of his. Off the field he has been a twat but on the field, I think is great.

The only player I would change would be Huddlestone and I would bring in Steven Gerrard.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm

My team for match against Hungary (I know you asked about Euro 2012, but by that time, Rooney could have suffered a career ending injury, a man called Dave Bloggs could be playing in goal etc lol)

GK - Joe Hart
RB - Wes Brown (think Johnson should be dropped for this game at least, Carragher is a possibility for this position but Brown is slightly younger I think, Neville is probably too old now)
CB - Rio (he was going to start in South Africa so would be harsh to drop him when he didn't play)
CB - Upson (I dropped Terry to experiment even though Terry probably did just enough to keep his place IMO, was unsure between Dawson and Upson but went with Upson since he has played more England games recently and so would be looking to continue his progress, I realize he didn't have the best of games against Germany though)
LB - Ashley Cole (no-one better and was one of our better players in SA, might experiment like I have done with Terry though and play Baines)

CM - Carrick (think he is good enough and hasn't had an opportunity for a while)
CM - Barry (can take part of blame for one of Germany's goals but is decent at slowing down the tempo and making the first pass, good for the balance of the team IMO)
CM - Parker (one of West Ham's best players last season, again is experimental)

LW - Ashley Young (think he has had a decent 2 seasons at Villa and deserves the opportunity)
RW - Milner (plays better as a proper winger, than being more central IMO, we saw this from a couple of crosses he put in during the World Cup)

ST - Walcott (give him a chance, like Milner, think it is worth playing him in his original position, provides pace which Germany showed can be effective)

Subs - Robinson
- Dawson
- Baines
- Osman?
- Downing
- Crouch
- Bent
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:54 am

Hungary game

................................. Hart .................................
Jagielka.......... Terry .......... Dawson........ A.Cole
................................ Barry ..................................
Milner..................... Gerrard .............. A.Johnson
..................... Rooney ........ Bent ........................

7 subs:

James
Baines
Upson
J.Cole
Lampard
Walcott
Crouch
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:58 am

Hart
=====
Richards
Terry
Dawson(debut in less pressure game)
Cole
=======
Milner
Barry
Lampard
Agbonloar
=======
Gerrard
======
Rooney

So many formations you could do with these players if its not working and without doing subs so this is my team
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Hart
-----------
Johnson(There is no obvious replacement atm,he needs to sort out the defensive side of his game.
Dawson
Rio
Cole
---------
Milner
Gerrard
Barry
------------
Walcott
Rooney
A.Johnson

I'd love to see in time Rodwell come in for Barry,I'd also like to see guys like Kieran Gibbs,Nedum Onuhoa,Wilshere,Andy Carroll,Huddlestone blooded in over time.

I think this formation doesn't place much emphasis on the Full Backs going forward,If anything it allows Ashley to get forward down the left to support A.Johnson because Barry would sit,But With Milner and Walcott on the right hand side it would mean Johnson wouldn't need to go forward as much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future England Team   Future England Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Future England Team
Page 1 of 1