Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal

Go down 
+2
Discopants
CoughSplutter
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal Empty
PostSubject: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:45 pm

It would appear as though one of the best players ever to grace a snooker table could be finished. I am sure you have seen all the headlines in the papers in the last few days and it certainly took the spotlight of Graeme Dott and Neil Robertson.

I am not taking a stance on this as I believe in innocent until proven guilty, well that and also the fact that I dont really want to believe that a Snooker great, ranked #1 in the world would feel the need to do this.

Thoughts on the matter welcome.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Easy to point the finger but it would be hard to refuse.

After all, he was only gonna (allegedly) lose 4 frames, probably to crap opponents to make sure someone won a lot of money. He wasn't exactly chucking a World Championship Final Match.

Principal wise though it fucks things up a bit but like you say nothings been proved yet, there is a video apparently...
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:52 pm

News of the world are sneaky cunts im sure they fount out about mangers taking bungs but i do think 3/4 years he'll make a shocking return also when davis knocked him out someone put a crazy amount down for that to happen
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:53 pm

How d'you mean return?

He hasn't gone yet Laughing
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Get lots of crazy bets in snooker. I was talking to a drunk guy who throws money away on nights out and he said he put £3000 on Dott to beat Robertson. No one believed him because he talks shite but I wouldnt put it past him.

I would love to find out how the NOTW got wind of all this to set up the first meeting etc, apparently there are more revelations coming this Sunday.

Apparently Higgo said he went along with it because he didnt know who he was dealing with and mentioned the Russian Mafia but they had meetings in Scotland before that (well Mooney did) so they knew what they were getting into when they went to Ukraine.

Hearne says the probe wont take long so it wont be a Stephen Maguire sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:57 pm

I think the bit that has really screwed over snooker is his manager being part of it all, especially when his manager is one of the main guys running the sport.

I've seen the video, and it is pretty damning. The News of the World might be bastards, but something must have lead them to Higgins, and him being prepared to do it. Someone's dropped him right in it.

It's a really clever way of doing it, rather than losing matches, just dropping the odd frame here and there. All it takes is one missed shot, and no-one would be any the wiser.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah his manager was part of the committe I think along with Hearne and Davis etc. I couldnt believe the whole thing on Sunday and I am eager to see what the other revelation is, who knows, at this stage it could be anything.

Not seen the Notw video yet, just what was given on SSN but I will take a look now.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm

It's The Establishment, cos he's a tim.

Conspiresies (sp?) i tell thee !!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal   John Higgins Match Fixing Scandal EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Discopants wrote:
How d'you mean return?

He hasn't gone yet Laughing

he will though its ruined him
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Discopants
Discopants

Bugger me, thought nothing was proved :/