Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes

Go down 
+7
Mat143(Mike hill)
marty mcfry
Worthy
hodge13
the-gaffer
Reaper
JacMan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes Empty
PostSubject: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 pm

WWE.com has updated the WWE PPV schedule, including some new show names. It now reads…

* March 28th: WrestleMania 26
* April 25th: Extreme Rules
* May 23rd: WWE Wild Card
* June 20th: Fatal Four Way
* July 18th: Money In The Bank
* August 15th: Summerslam
* September 19th: Night Of Champions
* October 3rd: Hell in a Cell
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 pm

WWE Wild Card i'm assuming is the roulette ppv, I'd prefer it if it was a tournament format aswell.

Money in the Bank doesn't constitute a ppv on it's own and hasn't there already been a MITB match confirmed for Wrestlemania so does that mean there'll be two MITB winners in the same year?

No clue what Fatal Four Way is.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 pm

So does this mean MitB will be scrapped from WrestleMania?

Me and Maccs and a few others had this idea before, we thought it would just be a matter of time before they did this, I'm going back a good year though, maybe not a full year but defo in that vicinity, I actually think that could work as long as they had the MitB as the main event
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I've just noticed Backlash is gone now too
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Money In the Bank like reaper said has already been confirmed at wrestlemania 26
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 pm

yeah qualifying matches start on monday aparantly,

interesting with 2 winners of the competition,

will this make WWE more open to using the WM MITB used on the same night?

Christian wins and cashes in on Edge?

Or if the WM winner hasn't used it by the time of the PPV could make some interesting scenes between the 2 winners.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Looks like Backlash is back again, Creative haven't got a fucking clue
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:33 am

Quote :
* May 23rd: WWE Wild Card

I wonder if this is the Roulette idea from there poll?
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

Location : Norfolk Number of posts : 189 Favourite Wrestler : Orton & Punk

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:58 am

From what I have read on other forums most people seem to be under the impression that the Wild Card format will be a lot like TNAs lethal lottery. There was also something in WCW like that too.

Fatal 4 Way is THE worst and laziest PPV name EVER. literally ever.

MITB with a few qualifying matches on the night and then the MITB match (maybe even brand specific, so 2 MITB matches) could be very very good.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 am

It is totally lazy though, just naming the PPV's after the feature match, it worked for The Royal Rumble but after that your struggling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 am

this is terrible.why change a good ppv name like backlash.its pointless
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
So does this mean MitB will be scrapped from WrestleMania?

Me and Maccs and a few others had this idea before, we thought it would just be a matter of time before they did this, I'm going back a good year though, maybe not a full year but defo in that vicinity, I actually think that could work as long as they had the MitB as the main event

I remember that,It was just before Mania last year and most of us thought it would be better to have it when Backlash is or whatever it's called now!
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 pm

what the fuck a mania tradition has gone Sad

MITB qualifers where suppose to start on next weeks Raw wonder if they will

is june 20th Fatal Four Way going to be called Fatal Four Way cos they worked hard of thinking of a name for that Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 pm

I sincerley hope that creative is coming up with a new name for Fatal Four Way. The name doesn't exactly make you want to say 'Oh I really want to order that PPV'. Really is rather sad that people are being paid thousnds of pounds or dollars (if you will) to come up with decent names and that's the best they can come up with
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Most of these names are decided on fan based polls though aren't they. I beleive they've had a few over the past year to decide on what PPV name or what PPV format to use. I would have thought that Fatal Four Way will be changed, that really is a shite name but the others would do okay for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 pm

There is still one PPV spot as yet unamed (Survivor Series) so Im hoping, to offset the alround bellendness of a PPV called Fatal Fourway there will be a War Games PPV.

Although knowing how WWE operates at the moment it will end up being called WWE 3 Count Pin or WWE poorly built fueds.

Names like fatal 4way weren't too bad when they were one off In Hour House subtitles, I don't know why they don't go back to that if they insist on branding their PPVs
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:17 pm

I reckon they should replace Fatal Fourway with Championship chase (that one with the time limit and the title changes hands non-stop until the time is up and the last one holding is the champion) because atleast that was original.
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

That was an exciting concept Pheonix, I couldn't agree more, Championship Scramble it was called, wasn't it?

I don't think they liked the idea of people like Brian Kendrick being interim WWE champion though and I think they fealt it devalued the belt a little although I would say the fucker spinning does that more than any number of title changes.
Back to top Go down
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

What in the hell?

What are WWE doing with their PPVS!?

I think some of the ideas are pretty decent, but the names are still a big part of the event itself, and no offence to all great creative team, but these names seriously suck. I was really annoyed that they changed the name of No Way Out. I don't have a problem with them being centred around the Elimination Chamber matches, but even if it's with that, the name No Way Out still makes sense!!

And although i do really like the Fatal4Way match, i don't think having more than one in the same night is the answer to a PayPerView, and if they do go through with that, please oh god please let them change the name to something not sucky. I like the sound of the Lottery/Wildcard PPV, assuming that it's what we think it is with the whole Roulette thing. Also i think the idea of a Championship Scramble PPV would be pretty cool. I like these kind of matches, and you could easily have one for WWE, World and Intercontinental titles, or even the tag titles in a twisted sort of way, and if there was enough teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes   More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes Empty

Back to top Go down

More Shit WWE PPV NAME changes
Page 1 of 1