Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

"The Whiner" Dave Batista

Go down 
+4
bazz23-v2 ®™
Grecian
hodge13
the-gaffer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

"The Whiner" Dave Batista Empty
PostSubject: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Firstly, its not a thread based to bash Batista, its just a thread discussing the problem I have with his 'pulling a West' on RAW Monday Night, while I can understand Batista being pissed off (in kayfabe) I have no clue why they would boo him to look like that, for a long time now he has been in major need of a heel turn, I personally lost all interest in his character as a face, so his heel turn for me was refreshing, even though I hated they way they had to basically spell it out for everyone, as if Batista just smashing Rey to bits wouldn't have been enough.

Anyway, lately, I've liked his big badass style, just going out their and beating the crap out of his opponents, thats what he should do, thats what he is built for, and thats what his look suggests he is, just one big badass bruiser, now this is where I've got the problem, he comes out on Monday Night RAW and does all this 'everyone is against me' routine, its a boring routine at the best of times, unless you could match the genius of Raven or Bret Hart then its never going to get over well, so seeing this big badass bully all of a sudden complain and look like he was ready to burst into tears because someone had the audacity to go with the rules of the match made him look very weak, made his character somewhat of a laughing stock, and did nothing for him.

Now, this is not to say that he wont win the Championship of the World, I fully believe he will, however, what I don't want to see is someone his size and width constantly whining that 'its not fair', I want to see him as this legit big bad bully badass who takes no shit from no-one and is going to go through everyone and anyone in his quest for the title.

Anyone else agree or did they enjoy that side to his character on Monday Night?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

dont think i cared either way, as he hasn't done it before it's not as if he has done it for ages and it was getting tiring, it was just done with the theme of the slammy's. It was just done to get him some heat from the crowd
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Horrendous booking!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:03 pm

I've not seen Raw, but having someone the size of Batista whining like that doesn't sound good. Surely it'd be more realistic to have him batter the crap out of Teddy, then demand a rematch from Vickie Guerrero. I'd then have Vickie say yes, on the condition he batters that Escobar bloke, which gives Dave another guy to hammer into oblivion, Vickie can get a bit more heat...
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:46 pm

Kay Fabe™ wrote:
Horrendous booking!

Just like the rest of that 3hr pile of wank, TBH I just think WWE thought it would be "funny" for someone to "pull a West"(as you said), and did it as a one off. Surly it should of been Santino or some other comedy character.

That whole show was shocking.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 am

Defo, should have been someone else, I'm not so sure its a one off, I wouldnt be surprised if they have him take up this sort of gimmick

I'd have given it to Miz, Punk or Jericho, not Batista, he is probably the worst guy they could have given it too, if he was going to interrupt he could have done it when Cena went to get his award and just demolished him on the stage, at least that way they could have set the seed if they decide to go with them at Mania
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : "The Whiner" Dave Batista UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:07 am

Miz I would say was the ideal candidate for it, or Matt Hardy back when he had his heel turn. Monster heels that brutalize people though shouldn't play the whine card.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:09 am

Grecian wrote:
I've not seen Raw, but having someone the size of Batista whining like that doesn't sound good. Surely it'd be more realistic to have him batter the crap out of Teddy, then demand a rematch from Vickie Guerrero. I'd then have Vickie say yes, on the condition he batters that Escobar bloke, which gives Dave another guy to hammer into oblivion, Vickie can get a bit more heat...

Thats good logical booking which would make sense, is that a step to far from the E?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:10 am

macclads wrote:
Miz I would say was the ideal candidate for it, or Matt Hardy back when he had his heel turn. Monster heels that brutalize people though shouldn't play the whine card.

I don't mind them moaning and being paranoid that 'everyone is against them' however just do it all the while having the chip on their shoulders and beat the crap out of anyone in the road
Back to top Go down
Yuri_D
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 pm

hes better as a heel tho.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wzrradio.com
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 pm

No doubts about it, his face run had run his course at least two years ago, his face turn in 05 was good and I liked how he was booked and liked his run until he got injured since then he has been horrendous, probably always has been horredous but finally getting the belt off Triple H was enough for people to see by that
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 6:33 pm

I miss Evoloution. The way they booked the gradual break up of the faction was well done I think, although Orton's face run was dire
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

I finally got round to watching Raw last night, and the whole Batista whining angle...

I don't think he was doing it as a Edge-style 'Everyone's against me!' whinge. I think it was done as a piss-take out of Kanye West when he interrupted someone's acceptance speech and claimed that Beyonce should have won - Batista could barely stop himself from laughing doing it, I think it was more a piss-take than trying to establish him as a whining heel.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Did the same on SmackDown!

I don't think anyone was in any doubt it was a play on Kanye West though, that was obvious, defo wrong guy to do it though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Whiner" Dave Batista   "The Whiner" Dave Batista Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Whiner" Dave Batista
Page 1 of 1