Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial

Go down 
+2
InvincibleIleak
boschbourne06
6 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial Empty
PostSubject: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:48 am

In a continuing effort to please both NBC and Bonnie Hammer, sources within WWE are reporting that Hammer and the network want Ric Flair back on WWE TV. They specifically want Flair to return to the company and work on the Smackdown brand to help boost the star power on that show, however the issue right now lies with Vince McMahon. Vince is reportedly not too high on Flair at the moment because of his association with companies like Ring of Honor and his desire to work elsewhere even if he is appearing on WWE TV.As we reported a few months ago, Flair was pulled from his deal wtih Ring of Honor as NBC was pressuring Vince McMahon to bring The Nature Boy back to WWE, however, every time Flair's name is mentioned by network execs, Vince always responds with the same thing: "we'll talk about him next week." This is why Flair is not currently working with ROH but has yet to return to WWE TV.

Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgygW3AgJb8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthewrestlingforum%2Eco%2Euk%2Ftopic%2F2109880%2F1%2F&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Country : NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial England-1

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:46 am

NOOOO!

Why do NBC want Ric Flair? He's crap on the mic he always seems to make someone look weak and to be honest I think he'd ruin Smackdown if he was on there.

Vince should stand his ground and refuse to put Flair on, let Flair go to Ring of Honour, that's where he could actually do something useful like get Ring of Honour a media buzz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am

Depends on his role he's put in.

Commentator - not a chance.

Wrestler - I hope not, his retirement was done too well for him to renege on that.

As a manager / head of a stable, Evolution style - I'd be happy for him to go with this...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 pm

I agree with that Grec, I'm not a fan of Flair in the ring or on the stick (for to long at the one time) but he has a wealth of experiance and could be good a very good go to guy for guys who are the future
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Country : NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial Scotland-2

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 pm

I think if flair returns in any sort of capacity he should be put on the 'name show' raw and kept away from smackdown. I dont see what role he would play on the blue brand with the majoity of his links on raw.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Why on earth would they want an old man who sounds as if he downs a bottle of whiskey before every show back on tv?!
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 pm

madmax wrote:
I think if flair returns in any sort of capacity he should be put on the 'name show' raw and kept away from smackdown. I dont see what role he would play on the blue brand with the majoity of his links on raw.

I'v no problem with him being on SD as long as he doesn't take centre stage
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:51 am

Flair will manage to get to center stage some how he always does plus i think the network would want him to be center stage
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Country : NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial Scotland-2

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 am

I have no real problem with him on smackdown i just thing the more logical place is raw and i dont know what his role would be on smackdown. Given that though i wouldnt mind him as the gm and it could fit story line with old teddy being on probation. He would bring the name value to the brand and help improve the rating which the show deserves but if i had my choice id put him raw with the rest of the smucks and keep smackdown as the little secret gem of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:23 am

I defo don't want him as a GM

Like I said I think he could take another non Wrestling Evolution type role

Flair - Manager
Jericho - Main Man
The Heart Dynasty
Back to top Go down
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:30 am

Yea a heel stable with jericho as the front piece would be absoulty perfect as he is the currently the best overall performer in the wrestling insdustry by quite a margin. The young canadians would learn loads from him and would get a great rub from his association but i still dont see how for stroyline purposes how flair could be invloved. Obviously stranger things have happened and it could be worked but i think a jericho stable is quality idea and id rather see it sooner rather then later why he is soo hot(non gay lol).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial   NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial Empty

Back to top Go down

NBC Wants Ric Flair back on WWE Tv,Breaking Point commercial
Page 1 of 1