Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?

Go down 
+3
Junior
Discopants
MaFish
7 posters

Oblivion or Fall Out 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? I_vote_lcap0%Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fall Out 3
Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? I_vote_lcap100%Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Here's the deal, got myself a 360 for abit and started a game on Oblivion, doing alright too, decent character, done a fair few quest's too. Now my bro has got Fall Out 3 and Im torn between the two, there both by the same maker's, Bethesda, and both go about the same in game play, leveling up, doing quest's etc.

Oblivion is more a traditional RPG with races and skill's and thing's like that, aswell as relying on the classic RPG offensive such as ranged weapon's with bow's, sword's and huge fuckin' hammer's, where as Fall Out is more focused on gun's and shit which in a game where your stat's heavily influence your hit ratio and Im thinking that might be abit shifty getting to a decent level like that.

I like the traditional RPG element's of Oblivion, but the post Nuclear War era is very intruiging and after watching such movies as the orginal Dawn of The Dead Im thinking what a blast it would be to go shoot the shit outta a city of undead zombie fucker's....

Now you see my plight, a game like this is something that you want to get stuck into, and I for one cant go through two game's that are that much alike without choosing one over the other to concentrate on one file.

So, after all that my question is which would you lot choose? Keep at an half decent Oblivion file or move onto Fall Out? scratch

EDIT It's going to the poll's lol...
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Voting doesn't help me if you dont explain why lol.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:39 pm

This is Leak territory this, he knows the crack round this stuff.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Come on Leak lol.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:14 pm

if you like ff id go for elder scrolls mate
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:21 pm

What I was thinking was I like the traditional aspect's but also the more modern aspect of free roaming but if Im going that way Fall Out would also be an option.

Comparing it to a FF game might not be fair though because they do have a very different feel to them.

Ive already doen a fair bit on Oblivion, joined most if not all the guild's I can, got myself a nice bit of coin, but there's bit's of Fall Out that really intruige me though...
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Argh just wrote a massive thing and then accidently deleted it!

Anyway, Oblivion is fun for a while, but gets boring, once you have done the guilds there really isn't much more, the main quest is alright but is confusing and isn't as fun as the guilds. Although you can play it for a long time, it's not as fun to just walk out and explore and kill things.

Fallout on the other hand is, that is what makes it such a good game, the quests are just as good as Oblivion, if a little bit better but overall a shorter game, it's just fun to go out and explore the 'Capital Wasteland', the main area. The enemies are much more interesting as well, giant scorpians, giants ants, ghouls (which are basically just zombies), super mutants (which are just big green things, if you get this wait till you meet a behemoth, take a lot to kill one of those), giant crap things, robots, raiders, slavers, mercs, deathclaws (which are horrible to fight; the lot.

Guns I think work better than swords as well, I don't think any game has ever got the fighting with swords right, Oblivion steers away from hack and slash but still doesn't work that well, bows are okay but a worse version of guns and magic is fun but annoying to wait until it charges up. Also the gore is great on Fallout, watching a person explode in a bloody mess in slow motion is brilliant. Headshots are great as well in slow motion, think gears of war but more gore and more slow motion. taking th piss out o

So there, that's my summary. I voted for Fallout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Im in it for the long run so it doesn't matter that one is shorter, after the story and all that Il still be doing my character up as I do with all RPG's.

I like how Oblivion uses sword's though, it make's sense that when you level up you'l hit more decent blow's, if your a lower level your hit's dont hurt as much, but with a gun it can only be a hit or a miss, your experience going into your accuracy stat's like ranging with a bow, Im just not kean on gun's in an RPG like this.

Both seem to have plenty of quest's, Ive done shit load's but I know there's alot more to do, I reckon Il end up starting a file on Fall Out and keep 'em both going, just cba doing two characters up at the same time, RPG's consume time anyway but two which are very similar...
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 pm

It's not hit and miss, it's not turn based or anything like that. You're thinking of the VATS which while good are not key to play the game, they are if you are in trouble you can basically stop time and think where you going to shoot, generally once you get past about lvl 15 you get nearly every shot in VATS unless its a stupid chance like 5%. But you can shoot like a normal first person shooter if you want, I tend to do to be honest, I use the VATS more of a thing to scan for any enemies my compass doesn't pick up, to identify the enemies and occasionaly to shoot them.

Some weapons like the sniper are better without VATS, I'm good with the sniper even if the scope isn't that good.

I just don't like in Oblivion where someone can block a sword with their arms, it's just too unrealistic for me.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:01 pm

I started both games about the same time, Oblivion on PC and Fallout on 360. After a day of playing both I ditched Oblivion and stuck with Fallout. Didn't think I'd enjoy a gun-based RPG, but they do a really good job with it, and I was completely sold on it the moment I got the 'bloody mess' perk. I hate first person shooters on consoles, but with the addition of the VATS system it makes for a pretty good experience.

Mind you, if I was a fair bit into a game like Oblivion I'd probably want to get that completed rather than just jump onto something else.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Ah the bloody mess perk, it's brilliant. If a little impratical. taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 pm

MF you got xbox live?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
Ah the bloody mess perk, it's brilliant. If a little impratical. taking th piss out o
More gore > improving your skills, or at least it is to me, but I'm a bit of a sick fuck anyway!
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 pm

It was one of the first perks I got! I started to love killing raiders after I got the perk, I think it's hilarious if you get a headshot their limbs explode, especially with something big like a deathclaw.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Na C4lum, not my machine lol.

Blocking a sword with your arm lol, it's like any other game, I bet there's something comparable on Fall Out, you get equiptment with armour stat's, inc. gauntlet's and gloves for your arm's.

Oblivion look's great, as does Fall Out, the bad thing about Fall Out is that map thing you get, you cant see fuck all, the map, the quest log is all very limited which on Oblivion is clear and easily understood.

Plus an RPG based on gun's bring's the plight of ammo, you dont run out of ammo with a sword, and there aint no good time to run out of ammo in a post appocalyptic war zone.

Had a decent couple of hour's on Fall Out, ran out of ammo, got 'fired' by a fuckin' ant bastard!
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 pm

It gets easier once you get the scrounger perk, you get lots more ammo then. I never liked the Oblivion menu etc. I always felt some of it was hard to understand, I didn't like using the map, Fallout just tries to keep it simple basically.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 6:50 pm

You just cant see shit on the map though, by keeping it simple it looses everything that make's sense lol, Oblivion has a simple userface easy to navigate through, the local map is as clear as the world map, on Fall Out both look a complete mess and tell's nothing about the area it's depicting...

Map's in spoiler to avoid page mutalation.
Spoiler:

You can see everything, it's easy to use as a reference to go places, the Fall Out one is very plain, and look's horrible. And the quest tab, on Oblivion it tell's everything (incase you might miss something said) tell you who and where to see, all in easy to read note form which you go back and look through as needed...

Spoiler:

While the 'pip boy' only tell's objectives (id post a pic but cant find one but you know what it's like anyway...)

Theres alot I like about Fall Out but on this aspect it look's like they went a step back from what thyey did on Oblivion in regard's to the menu.

Il explain how easy the menu on Oblivion is, it's the same layout as Fall Out, a tab for your stat's, inc. your leveling, progress and everything, an Item tab (which is much better presented than on Fall Out) with your magic item's, spell scroll's, weapons, armour, quest item's all seperated in sub-tab's, then your magic in the same way with Item's, scroll's, active spell's, greater power's, etc, your quest tab consisting of world and local map's, completed quest's, current quest's and active quest, basically the same as Fall Out but in more detail.

Fall Out is alright Il keep on it, it's a great idea for a game something that I have alway's wanted to do on a game is go around a nuclear apocalypse, but in a free roaming game you really rely on a map, and quest note's would be a welcomed addition to future title's. But I might just need a little getting used to, I was doing so well on Oblivion too lol.

Cheers for the voting, Fall Out won it in a land slide, but I think Il be focusing on Oblivion for a while longer though lol, just find it easier to progress through with all the little bit's mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 6:58 pm

MaFish wrote:

Had a decent couple of hour's on Fall Out, ran out of ammo, got 'fired' by a fuckin' ant bastard!

taking th piss out o That's exactly what happened to me! I ended up killing an ant or 2 before my ammo ran out, gather up some stuff to go back and sell, buy more ammo and repeat time and time again til it was complete. After that though I haven't really had any problems with ammo, stick to using VATS as much as possible too, as you're less likely to waste shots.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Was part of a quest though lol, You think the 1st few quest's would be abit easier but them ant's were tough bastard's.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah I got toasted by a few of the fuckers. Learnt to keep my distance, and if out of ammo run like fuck!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Ants?
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Mutated Ants Disco, nice easy fucks to kill, not as good as people though, nowt more satisfying than seeing someones head blow off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Easy to kill?? Shocked tell that to the pussy 'Pip Boy' bitch on my file lol. Took a good 5 min's to squash one of them bad boy's. They say pound for pound ant's are the best fighter's in nature, fucker's put that to the test, straight up lit a fire on my pale arse!!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Fire Ants are a fucking nightmare to deal with, especially down in that subway where it's dark, you know one's nearby but you don't know where till you've got flames in front of your eyes. I'd rather take on an army of super mutants than more of those bloody fire ants.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Those is a bad quest to do early on, I did it much later than you are supposed to so had good weapons lots of ammo and high stats so they the quest was easier, but even then it was pretty hard.

Wait till you meet a deathclaw MaFish.

Does anyone else find Giant Radscorpians hard? They have loads of health and proper fast, I hate meeting them, I would take anything over them, super mutants, deathclaws, fire ants anything not to face them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?   Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3? Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Fall Out 3?
Page 1 of 1