Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA contacts former WWE superstar

Go down 
+3
Reaper
the-gaffer
Horizon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

TNA contacts former WWE superstar Empty
PostSubject: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Quote :
Quote:

-- TNA officials have contacted former WWE wrestler Lance Cade about coming in.

The three-time WWE World Tag Team Champion is apparently interested in joining the promotion, but he has some commitments in Japan to finish up first.

His former tag team partner, Trevor Murdoch, debuted in TNA on last week's episode of Impact under the name "The Outlaw" Jethro Holliday. The former WWE star teamed with Eric Young to defeat the team of No Limit (Naito and Yujiro), advancing to the second round of Team 3D's Open Invitational Tag Team Tournament.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:43 pm

I wonder what the deal was with Cade, you would think if they wanted him to come in then they would make moves to try and get him invovled the same week as Murdoch, that being said they might not want him as a tag team
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Wasn't Cade released when he started having Seizures.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Yea but I think he only had one because he had been taking some sort of drugs although nothing like that has ever been confirmed
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 pm

plus all those chair shots he took in one night from HBK

tbh i would like to see him in singles action as i've never seen him in singles action he never really got the chance in WWE in singles action
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Nah I doubt any of the chair shots took would have had anything to do with it, not saying it wasn't I just don't think they would have had any bearing
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:08 pm

I thought Cade messed up big time as WWE had put him with a big star with Jericho and he was getting quite a lot of exposure. On the plus side I think Jericho has done better without Cade now.

I don't think he's that good, he's average wrestler, average on the mic, better than Murdoch but I felt he never really came across as special in WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 pm

I never really saw the big potential in Lance Cade but I always talked him up, mainly because I was reading opinions of guys I think are better readers of potential than me, but to be honest I was never impressed with him at all, also, he was stupid if it where an illegal substance that caused his seizure because like Leak said, he was getting crazy amounts of exposure in the hottest feud of the year!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am

He may have been getting exposure, but I don't really think it was helping him much. he just appeared like a lackey, rather than going and making a name for himself. Don't think he was particularly good, but as a team with Murdoch they were reasonable enough, and I enjoyed their 'by the rules' gimmick.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am

He was looking a bit like a lackey but he got a win over Shawn Michaels, I know Michaels helped train him but not many people get wins over HBK
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 am

Wasn't his win over Michaels pretty flukey looking? If so, then I don't really think that counts for much, although WWE did seem really keen on pushing him.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 pm

wwe have tried it twice in recent times, to get people exposure with big stars and both times it has just failed.

Major brothers just didnt make enough noise, should have used the time more wisely with edge, gone all out in their matches around that time and tried to generate a bit more buzz.

And cade got himself the sack whilst being jerichos "guy"

you would think people would put in the effort to repay the time they are getting in the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:13 pm

The Major Brothers only got chosen because they where similar looking from a quick glance to assume it was Edge, no more no less, Cade's push was on the cards for about a year beforehand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA contacts former WWE superstar   TNA contacts former WWE superstar Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA contacts former WWE superstar
Page 1 of 1