Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

DX Reunion?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Quote :
"Source : PWInsider:

It looks like we are heading for another DX Reunion run as the November events in France are being advertised as the "DX Invasion" tour."
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:48 pm

I think it's coming, probably through the Orton feud.

But to be honest I can't stand them, they aren't funny any more and a lot of the time it just seems stupid that two grown men would act like children.

obviously the original DX wasn't like that, but without that 'edge' D-Generation X are just not funny. They should have kept the memories rather than ruin what was a good angle in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Maybe they could make something bigger out of it, like it used to be in the really late 90's to fight against this "Legacy" lot.

Stick MVP, the Colons and Beth Phoenix in there and your laughin!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 pm

I was thinking along those lines Disc

I think it would be brilliant if they had one last run but actually gave it time and Hunter and Shawn stopped being DX marks and actually let some other guys into it, guys who could really use it and kick on!

The Colons would be brilliant in it, the Miz could also be a contender
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 am

Again? I'm almost as sick of seeing these bi-annual DX reunions as I am of seeing the bloody McMahons! They are a poor imitation of what they once were, and that's really saying something since I always seen them as a very poor nWo rip-off. Please, no more!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:06 am

In 1997/98 their original run was superior to the NWO although they did rip it off I believe they did it better, mainly for one reason, Shawn Michaels was the best heel in Pro Wrestling in the 90s
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am

Another DX re-union? Oh good, just what I've been waiting for. Since the last one.

That's sarcasm, right there. Just in case anyone thought I was being serious.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 am

the-gaffer wrote:
In 1997/98 their original run was superior to the NWO although they did rip it off I believe they did it better, mainly for one reason, Shawn Michaels was the best heel in Pro Wrestling in the 90s
I actually thought they got more bearable once Michaels left. He was a good heel, although better than Hogan? As much as I can't stand the Hulkster, he played that role to perfection and really did get fans angry, that's real heat something Michaels never managed. The only others that I remember getting similar heat around that time, was The Dudleys in ECW, and to an extent Bret Hart in his anti-USA role.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 am

I really don't want another DX reunion, however if they are going to do it then I want to see them do it properly, during Michaels feud with The Undertaker he was doing the crotch chop all the time whenever he had one upped Taker and it looked good, and it actually looked like he had some attitude, if these guys do it, say to conquer Legacy but actually do it 'seriously' instead of the cheap pop breaking kayfabe pandering to the smarks then I think it would be worthwhile!

If it keeps Triple H away from the title for a while though then that would be fine with me, on another forum I read that this could be Michaels last year as on a full time scheduled and the DX reunion might be fitting in with one last title run from him as well

Now that is something I'd like to see, Shawn as the World Champion and Triple H as the sidekick
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 am

Hulk was an awesome heel but at the time many had started booing him anyway, he was at the stage in WCW where he was in the WWF in 1992, the public had become bored of face Hogan and just like Cena today, he would embace the heel side and make good use of the boos he was receiving

Michaels was without a doubt the best talent in the main event in 1996//97 his popularity was very high although his all out babyface character was also getting stale as was seen when Sid won the WWF title however he was still getting better fan reaction than anyone else at that time and turning heel and forming DX gave a lot of people myself included a dilema, their was multipule heels around and it was a case of which one do you like more

Hart was an excellent heel however when your Canadian and trash America, particularly if your a big star then you will be hated within the States
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am

I do think that Michaels was better as a heel, it's a more natural fit for him, but that still couldn't get me into DX which outside of Michaels and a slowly improving HHH was pretty talentless. Also, as much as I appreciated Michaels abilities, I just could never get into him as a character, think all those years of him dancing about like a fag and singing about being a sexy boy really put me off.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:19 am

I loved Michaels, more so as a heel, all the dancing was essential in getting him over as a cocky love himself prick in the early 90s and it kinda just stuck with it, no matter how he danced though it was his performances in the ring that made me like him, he was one of the few guys in the mid 90s who would leave it all in the ring
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

Yeah I can't argue with his performances in the ring, whenever you seen Michaels name you knew it would be a good match, but I can't remember ever cheering him whether he was heel or face. I always remember being so pissed off when skinny little Michaels beat all these huge guys like Sid, Diesel, Taker, Vader etc. and it just didn't seem realistic. One off flukey victories against these guys fine, but he did it on a regular basis, and that kinda put me off him even more. I only really started getting back into WWE in a big way after he dropped the title to Austin, for the couple of years before that I watched but wasn't really interested in much.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 am

When I first really got into WWF, Michaels was one of my absolute favourites, alongside Tatanka and the Undertaker. I loved the whole cockiness persona, the entrance theme, the whole package was great.

I also think he's better as a heel, his mini-heel-turn against Hogan a couple of years back was him almost back to how he was in the mid-90's. I think HBK's kinda at the place where Flair, Trips, Taker are at - all 4 are better heels, but the fans respect what they've done so much, it's nigh-on impossible to boo them. The Mania 25 match with the Taker, the crowd didn;t know who to boo and who to cheer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DX Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX Reunion?   DX Reunion? Empty

Back to top Go down

DX Reunion?
Page 1 of 1