Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Shelton Benjamin / MVP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Shelton Benjamin / MVP Empty
PostSubject: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:29 am

Anyone who's ever read my posts should know how highly I rate Shelton, and MVP is really growing on me too.

Which is why I'm pretty annoyed they've both gone into Money In The Bank.

I've thought recently on Smackdown that a decent 4-way feud was building for the US Championship, with these 2, R-Truth and Chavo. It seems a real waste that 2 of them will be used in MITB; a fatal 4-way with these could have been the match of the night.

I think whoever wins MITB this year needs to lose the title shot when it's cashed in - and giving the briefcase to either of these will not do them any good in the long run. Shelton looked good in his mini-run with the Undertaker just before the Rumble, and MVP seems to have shaken off the losing streak gimmick quite well, and turned face out of it. Shelton only seems to be in MITB to show how amazingly athletic he is, but a match with R-Truth and Chavo could show that just as well.

They could be replaced in MITB by Kendrick (who could also do the high-flying ladder moves), Mysterio (ditto), Mike Knox, Evan Bourne... it seems a bit pointless to build a good looking feud in time for the biggest show of the year, only to it to be overlooked.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:47 pm

I think MVP is in the MitB this year because he is probably one of the two most likely to win it, I think they could be ready to pull the trigger on him.

I was on another forum and a few members are paid up members to the Wrestling Observer Website and they are saying that Meltzer is actually saying the word is Vince is actually coming round to the idea of pulling the trigger on Shelton, if that happens expect him to drop the US strap to MVP and if MVP wins the MitB then expect him to drop out of the hunt for the US strap by being drafted the following week.

I think if Benjamin was given the opportunity it would be a mark out moment because it looks like Benjamin is as high as he will ever be under the currant guidance
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 1:02 pm

In that case, why not get them to feud with each other over the US title? It'd give them both a chance to shine, put some prestige back on the US title, and the MVP / Matt Hardy feud of a couple fo years ago did them both really good.

If Shelton is in the MITB to win it, he'd need a real Jeff Hardy-esque run to build any kind of momentum for a world title run. He's been jobbed out to the likes of Chavo for too long...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Well I think they are having fued just now, obviously it wont lead to a WrestleMania match for the US title, however I think if Shelts did win then MVP would win the strap either on SD or at Backlash
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 pm

From what I've seen of the MVP / Shelton feud, it's more of a slight disagreement. It's just pretty annoying that 4 pretty talented wrestlers, all in the mid-card could have had a really decent feud over the title, swapped it between them a few times has been forgotten all about to try and squeeze them into MITB.

I'm not convinced Shelton will win, I think he's most likely in the match to do his annual Wrestlemania Highlight Reel moment. I'd love it if he did, then got a face turn and a decent headlining feud against someone like Edge over the big one, but I think he's been a mid-carder for too long to make anything other than a transitional champ.

Which is a shame, he's so much more talented than a lot of the other people who've been a world champ whilst he's been in the company. If ever a wrestler would really benefit from having a manager...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:19 pm

I don't think Shelton will win either. I can see why his character would want to be in the MitB though, its a chance at the big time, a step up from the US title which he has been holding for God knows how long, I agree though that it should be swapped around a bit, I think R-Truth, Shelton Benjamin, THE Brian Kendrick and Mr Kennedy, I would rather see MVP higher up the card now, he done his time as champion, the last 6 months of last year may as well have been spent out Wellnessed for all he actually did on TV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shelton Benjamin / MVP   Shelton Benjamin / MVP Empty

Back to top Go down

Shelton Benjamin / MVP
Page 1 of 1