Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Adams considered quitting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Adams considered quitting Empty
PostSubject: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Tony Adams has revealed he considered quitting Portsmouth in December after struggling to come to terms with a limited transfer budget.

The former Arsenal captain was relieved of his role at Fratton Park on Monday following a poor run of results.

However, his sacking has been met by a mixed reaction after Adams oversaw just 22 games on the South Coast before facing the axe.

Adams has insisted he has no regrets, but he admits he contemplated leaving the club after discovering that owner Alexandre Gaydamak's investment in transfers would be minimal.

Awful

He told The News: "I could have resigned at Christmas over the financial situation, it did cross my mind.

"I travelled to the offices in London and was told I would have to sell a player and there was little money for me to spend anyway.

"That's the owner's prerogative, I am not going to criticise him. He's put an awful lot of money into this club.

"But suddenly, as manager, the goalposts had been moved and if you take the tools away you cannot do the job.

Quality

"I thought about it, but was not prepared to jump ship after two months. I wanted to carry on with the job.

"I don't regret that. (Executive chairman) Peter Storrie and myself had to work incredibly hard to then bring players in - and we managed to find some real quality.

"But I suppose the time to go could have been just before Christmas because after that the job became much, much harder."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

taking th piss out o taking th piss out o taking th piss out o taking th piss out o taking th piss out o taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Question
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm

i just think it's funny cos after pompy he might quit
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Ive done that, got told i was sacked, so i said " fuck you the jobs shit and i was going to quit anyway!"

So he never went down as a reference lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:18 pm

lool fergie
Back to top Go down
gunner1978
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
gunner1978

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:37 pm

CUM BACK TO THE GUNNERS "MR ARSENAL"
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

Pompey chief explains manager's departure

Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie believes the club had no choice but to axe Tony Adams.

Adams was sacked on Monday after less than four months in charge of Pompey following Harry Redknapp's departure to Tottenham.

The former England captain won only four of his 22 games in charge and Storrie concedes time had ran out on Adams.
Unlucky

"You can always have the debate of when do you do it and how long do you give people. I feel as a club we have been very, very supportive of Tony, but I think he has been a very, very unlucky manager," Storrie told the club's official website.

"We have played well in games and not finished games off, there have been individual mistakes.

"But it was a point where we had to really say how many more games can we continue to be unlucky on.

"We have got two vital matches coming up that we need to get points from and we just felt we had to make the change now rather than later."

Storrie believes the current squad is good enough to help get the club out of trouble at the wrong end of the table

"I think even Tony said it on several occasions he would much rather have the squad we have got than six or seven other people down there fighting with us and I think that's right," noted Storrie

"I think what we have to do is gel together, work as one, cut out the mistakes and just get going and get a couple of results.

"It is a results industry and we really, really must do everything we can to make sure we stay in the Premier League."

Backing
Storrie also backed caretaker boss Paul Hart to steady the ship for this weekend's game with Manchester City while they search for a replacement for Adams

"Paul is a strong character and I think at the moment it needs a strong character," added Storrie.

"I think the players will give him respect for as long as he is doing it.

"I am sure he [Hart] will be in place for the weekend and he will be setting the team up to what he wants to play while we are continuing to move things forward another way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams considered quitting   Adams considered quitting Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams considered quitting
Page 1 of 1