Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Harry confirms captain Keane

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Harry confirms captain Keane Empty
PostSubject: Harry confirms captain Keane   Harry confirms captain Keane EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:02 am

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed that new signing Robbie Keane has been handed the captain's armband.

Republic of Ireland international Keane sealed a dramatic return to White Hart Lane on transfer deadline day, just six months after leaving Spurs for Liverpool.

Defender Ledley King, who is currently sidelined by injury, will remain as club captain but Keane will lead out his team-mate, with his first match as skipper set to be against rivals Arsenal on Sunday.

Redknapp told Sky Sports News: "I said to Robbie that if I brought him back that I would like to make him captain. I think it was important to him, to come back and lead the club.

"They [the squad] are all pleased to have him back, and they know what he can do."

The former Portsmouth boss continued: "I just felt with Robbie coming in, a fresh face, there would be a new impetus with him as captain.

"He can give an awful lot. He is a big personality and we are a quiet team. If Robbie has something to say, he is going to say it.

"He is a leader and has the personality to be a captain of Tottenham."

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid958992159/bctid10063575001
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro

Harry confirms captain Keane
Page 1 of 1