Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?

Go down 
+2
Junior
boschbourne06
6 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? Empty
PostSubject: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:20 am

For this month's "Pick Your Big One" poll on WWE.com regarding WWE 24/7, the picks are WCW SuperBrawl III (February 1993), WWF In Your House 13 (February 1997), and WWE No Way Out 2005. Interestingly, for SuperBrawl III they have Chris Benoit listed on the event card. Benoit wrestled Too Cold Scorpio on that night. Benoit is still being edited out of episodes of WCW Monday Nitro sans segments where he does a run-in or is in the background.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 6:39 pm

anybody care no more
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 6:51 pm

you see his left leg, no more no less, its hardly lifting the ban, it was his left leg in an obscure corner of the screen, no mug shots
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:24 am

The lazy fuckers at WWE wont publish WWF-era stuff because they are seemingly unable to edit a F into an E, but somehow manage to edit a wrestler out of a show?

Damn, WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Junior wrote:
anybody care no more

i bet if chris benoit was shown properly that the majority would care, i dont see a problem with it at all, he may have fucked up outside of the ring but people are so quick to think, BANISH HIM, NEVER MENTION HIS NAME and all that shit, for fuck sake Hitler was a worse man than Benoit yet you learn about him at school!

Not denying Benoit was a evil bastad but i think its silly to edit him out of everything as far as wwe are concerned
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 pm

Hitler is never portrayed in a positive light at school though, he is or was the figurehead of all evil, at least until 9/11 anyway.

Chris Beniot is the reason the business went into a shell for the best part of 18 months, Hitler and Beniot are in no way what so ever comparable, Hitler lead Nazi Germany into a war that defined the entire world in the 20th centuary, Chris Beniot is a child and wife killer, he means nothing to anyone and wont be remembered beyond your average teens life span, same can not be said of Hitler
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:30 pm

I've never really agreed with this ban in the first place, despite what he did, that in no way reflects on what he did in the ring. I'm not saying they should be continuing to promote him, selling action figures and t-shirts or anything like that, but editing him out of events that he was a part of is a bit much in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 pm

I think its the one true thing that I backed 100%, what he did was absolutely vile, there is no way the E should allow his 'talents' to be broadcast, he does not deserve to be remembered in a positive light
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:25 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Hitler is never portrayed in a positive light at school though, he is or was the figurehead of all evil, at least until 9/11 anyway.

Chris Beniot is the reason the business went into a shell for the best part of 18 months, Hitler and Beniot are in no way what so ever comparable, Hitler lead Nazi Germany into a war that defined the entire world in the 20th centuary, Chris Beniot is a child and wife killer, he means nothing to anyone and wont be remembered beyond your average teens life span, same can not be said of Hitler

Im not actually comparing the two, what i meant is that it isnt too shocking to hear the name mentioned or see a picture or a video etc of the man, i dont mean just forget about what he did and move on but if its gonna mean editing alot of good matches/shows than i personally dont mind seeing him in a older show, im not gonna argue that what benoit did was a disgusting act and is unforgivable because its true.

I agree with not mentioning his name etc, but like i said i dont think its a huge deal him being seen on older videos from time to time, he's part of wrestling history unfortunatly
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Why should they name him though? he means nothing what so ever to the business, they don't mention guys who left the show, so why bother with Beniot, I don't think anyone would be shocked to see Beniot, I just think there is no point in him being highlighted when all it would bring is negative attitude apart from the minority who believe his in ring talents should be kept seperate from his outside activities

Speaking of Hitler, no one mentions his fantastic artwork, you mention Hitler you automatically think of Nazis

You mention Beniot, you think of him being murdering scum

He might be apart of Wrestling History but thats the beauty of Pro Wrestling, it can be altered, anyone knew to wrestling 2000 onwards would hardly even know Randy Savage existed
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

They do on very rare occasions mention former wrestlers names, mainly legends etc.

i agree with what you just said

"I just think there is no point in him being highlighted"

i dont either
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Since the Attitude era, names have been mentioned but before the attitude era if a guy left the WWF he may as well not have existed, also when I said I don't believe they should highlight Beniot that means on any scale what so ever, if wrestling was his true passion then since he was such a pussy to take the easy option and escape punishment then being written out of wrestling is a fitting punishment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?   WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit? Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Lifts Its Ban On Chris Benoit?
Page 1 of 1