Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

ECW Title Match

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:48 pm

I see that Jack Swager vs Matt Hardy is booked for the Royal Rumble

I think it was totally pointless to take the title off Matt on ECW when they have a match scheduled for one of the two biggest PPV's of the year, they could have given them a 20 minute time limit draw on ECW or have Hardy retain by being counted out (accidentally) and have a good natural build up between the two of them for a big Rumble match, there ECW match was really good, but with Swagger winning the strap it leaves the field pretty empty for anything knew to happen come the PPV

Just found it rather strange
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm

I agree, I thought Matt would drop the ECW title soon as I think he is in line for a big push soon, possibly winning MITB or being revealed as Jeff's attacker and although I wasn't sure when he would drop it or to who, but when he did drop it to Swagger last week, I also thought it was pointless giving the belt to someone else on TV when they could have built up the feud and Swagger further and have him win the belt at the Royal Rumble.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 pm

See I don't think the plan was for both of them to meet at The Royal Rumble, I think that was put in place shortly after they gave Swagger the strap, however I just don't know why, if there was a place on the card for the ECW title match that they didn't just book it for then

Swagger winning the title at the Royal Rumble would mean something in my opinion, make it look more important!
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Do you think Swagger will be in the MITB in this year? I can't see them having another ECW title match on the main card at Mania this year and I can't see him being involved in anything else apart from MITB?

Maybe he will defend the ECW title before the show begins in a kind of Wrestlemania dark match that will be added to the DVD?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:00 pm

I don't think they will have Swagger doing that, he is going to be big and they are showing a lot of worth in him right now, I think he will feature at Mania and get a 15 minute match as well, he could be in the MITB match, I want to see a big guy in there this year, I was thinking Umaga could be that big guy this year
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Swagger definately has the wrestling ability, it's just the gimmick that lets him down IMO. He's just too bland IMO, a bit like Charlie Haas before he began his impersonations. I would have Swagger as a toned down version of The Brian Kenrick if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECW Title Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Title Match   ECW Title Match Empty

Back to top Go down

ECW Title Match
Page 1 of 1