Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Ballon d'Or Nominees

Go down 
+4
Junior
Sexton Hardcastle
Rocky2
KentWrestlingLegend
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

Ballon d'Or Nominees Empty
PostSubject: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Most notable perhaps are the absences of AC Milan's Ronaldinho and Barcelona forward Thierry Henry, with the duo both judged on their relatively disappointing season at Camp Nou and internationally.

Ronaldinho endured a torrid season in Barcelona last term, suffering from injury and a loss form, and thus the Brazil international will not have the opportunity to add to the award he won in 2005.

"It's normal, I did not play much in the last season," Ronaldinho told French TV channel TF1.

Similarly, Henry had a difficult first season in Spain following his move from Arsenal, and France were also eliminated from Euro 2008 at the first-round, and so he misses out on the shortlist for the first time since 1999.

They are not the only big-name omissions, with 2006 and 2004 winners Andriy Shevchenko and Fabio Cannavaro both missing, and clearly the lists' reduced size of 30 from 50 players is taking effect.

Unsurprisingly, European Championship winners Spain boast seven players on the list, including Liverpool sensation Fernando Torres and Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, while Brazil have just one player, Kaka, of their own.

Champions League and Premier League champions Manchester United have three players in the running, with hot favourite Cristiano Ronaldo, England hero Wayne Rooney and defender Nemanja Vidic part of the selected pool.

Meanwhile, fellow Champions League finalists Chelsea have three players of their own among the 30, with Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba joining Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard as the English contingency.

The winner will be selected on 2 December when 96 journalists from around the world cast their vote in a poll organised by France Football magazine.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), Togo.
Sergio Agüero (Atletico Madrid), Argentine.
Andreï Archavine (Zénith Saint-Pétersbourg), Russia.
Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Germany.
Karim Benzema (Lyon), France.
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus Turin), Italy.
Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Spain.
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Portugal.
Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Ivory Coast.
Samuel Eto'o (FC Barcelone), Cameroon.
Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Spain.
Fernando Torres (Liverpool FC), Spain.
Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC), England.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan), Sweden.
Kaka (Milan AC), Brazil.
Frank Lampard (Chelsea), England.
Lionel Messi (FC Barcelone), Argentina.
Pepe (Real Madrid), Portugal.
Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), France.
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), England.
Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Spain.
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Spain.
Luca Toni (Bayern Munich), Italy.
Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Netherlands.
Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg SV puis Real Madrid), Netherlands.
Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Netherlands.
Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Serbia.
David Villa (Valence CF), Spain.
Xavi (FC Barcelone), Spain.
Youri Zhirkov (CSKA Moscou), Russia.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm surprised Vidic is in there ahead of Ferdinand and I'm glad Ronaldinho isn't the running this year.

I reckon Ronaldo will win this year with Lionel Messi coming in second and Villa being third.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:13 pm

uri zhirkov and arshavin

classic.

both should be in the best league in the world. (unless they actually already are but we dont know) come on the russian football
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:23 pm

What the hell is Luca Toni doing in there. He was awful at the Euros this year. Also, Adebayor is a good player but he is definately not the best player in the world. Zaki is better than him lol
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:32 pm

zaki is a fookin beast.

still waiting for his drop in form, cos i was gonna put him in fantasy but thought ah il wait a bit more, but fook me class start in english football
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Did you see his goal yesterday? Pure quality, I can see Wigan going for a Uefa Cup spot this year if Heskey, Zaki and Valencia keep up their form.

I am also waiting for him to stop scoring but I can see him topping the goalscoring charts along with Rooney this season as Torres doesn't look in the best of form and Ronaldo still hasn't got into his proper stride yet.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:48 pm

hes like if yakubu had all his seasons at once lol.

as yak must be like most consistant goal scorer for what 5 years or somthing
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:47 pm

The winner will be selected on 2 December when 96 journalists from around the world cast their vote in a poll organised by France Football magazine.

========

no intrest for me then
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:53 pm

ronaldo to win, i personnaly hope van der sar, he gave Man utd the Champions leaugue
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 pm

VDS is shit
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
VDS is shit

he is one of the three best keepers in the world
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Its Messi
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:00 pm

plus hip hop its not for the reason u said, its cos ur dutch lol.

and no he isnt. he has lost it in the mind, wobbley and indesicive.

and when the minds gone what happens, they lose all talent
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:45 pm

its fairly obvious who no.1 and no.2 will be, but no 3 could be a tough choice, which i think torres will just get
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:34 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
VDS is shit

He's not shit but I think this should be his last season as like you said, he is beginning to look a bit dodgy. Foster looks like a great prospect if he stays fit for a change and Kuzczak is OK, but is always going to be our No 2.

And, Mr Twat will win aka Ronaldo. While VDS may have won us the Champions League, Ronaldo nearly cost us it by missing his penalty. I hope he goes to Madrid in January, they both deserve each other. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:41 pm

man city u mean lol.

he didnt "win you the C league"

god people are silly
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

he didnt "win you the C league"

god people are silly

I never said anyone won us the Champions League, I said VDS may have won it for us but it was obviously down to the whole team, not one player.

We won't win it again this season, that's for sure, I can see it being between Madrid, Chelsea and another fluke Liverpool win. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:53 am

nani is shit too Laughing
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 1:40 pm

Nice Backflip though
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 pm

van der Sar is a liability, he's never has much to do yet still manages to fuck most of it up.

Last season we won games in spite of him and not because of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or Nominees   Ballon d'Or Nominees Empty

Back to top Go down

Ballon d'Or Nominees
Page 1 of 1