Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bret talks about Montreal and Flair

Go down 
+2
Discopants
macclads
6 posters
AuthorMessage
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Bret talks about Montreal and Flair UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Bret talks about Montreal and Flair Empty
PostSubject: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Former WWE Champion Bret Hart commented on writing about the his side of the Montreal incident for his autobiography in an interview with Alfonso Castillo of Newsday Steel Cage blog.
“I wanted them to at least look and put themselves in my shoes and put themselves in the dressing room and asked themselves if they had been me, what would they have done?
Would they have had – for the lack of a better word – would they have had the balls to get up and knock him out?
To stand up and do something about it?
I could sense that day that it was kind of like everybody, or a lot of people, would have expected me to just blow it off and maybe say a few words to him and tell him he was a real jerk or something like that – slam the door and walk out,” Hart said.
“I think that’s what Vince (McMahon) was looking for.
That’s all anybody ever does.
Everyone is so job scared.
But for me it was different.
I grew up with wrestling, like Vince did.
It was my whole life, and my whole family had given so much for the industry.
And I thought about how much it would hurt my father at home and my kids were watching.
I thought what I did and how I handled things was a defining moment for me and my character – not my wrestling character, but my own character as a human being.
I always thought it was the best thing I ever did."

Bret also commented on working with Ric Flair.
“People always talk about who the best wrestlers are.
I actually go to maybe too much of an explanation about someone like Ric Flair for example.
They rave about Ric Flair about being this great, great wrestler.
And he was a great wrestler in many ways.
But, in a lot of ways, like working with him in the ring, he was not so great.
And for someone to contest that with me or argue with me that I don’t know what I’m talking about, things like that drive me crazy.
Because it’s not true.
They don’t know what they’re talking about.
I know.
I’ve worked with some of the greatest wrestlers of all time.”
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Fine fella. Not afraid to tell the truth about people even when they reach that stage where they automatically become legends. Flair really does have a lot of flaws lol.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where you can order his book. The only copies I can find are in America and cost like £25 and £70 postage lol.
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:10 pm

bret hart: the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be Very Happy

nah OT: he says it like it is, thats why i like him in person, btw who is he mentioning with the best off all time? owen?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 11:48 am

I think Bret rates the Dynamite Kid as the greatest of all time, not sure but I think I seen him say that before. As for his comments, it's not surprising, as Flair had a dig at Bret, so Bret retaliated and it's been going back and forth ever since. Both men are up there as two of the greatest wrestlers of all time.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 6:29 pm

I actually think Bret holds Curt Hennig in the greatest regard, I think the show they both put on at SummerSlam when they completely stole the show despite Perfects horrible painful back injury just gets him the edge
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:08 pm

While I do think he holds Hennig in high regard, I seem to remember reading a list of who he considers to be the greatest wrestlers of all time, and I'm pretty certain he had Dynamite Kid at number 1
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

I thought not long ago Bret said Perfect was the best guy he has ever been in the ring with
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:19 am

He might well have, particularly if it was for the Mr Perfect DVD. He might have a couple of guys who he routinely chops and changes his mind over who he feels is the greatest.
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Mr perfect was a fine better wrestler in and out the ring. Bret is just a baby and is still sulking about the same day over and over. End of the day he was leaving the company the next day anyway and was refusing to give up the belt so vince did the write thing. WWE doesn't need Bret Bret needs WWE but hopefully will never be aloud to return.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Thats the thing though JohnReid, the WWF did need Bret, to the extent they offered him a TWENTY year contract in 1995 to which he accepted, it was only when Vince began to worry about the growth of WCW that he began to worry about having Bret Hart on the payroll for so long when he would have been no doubt well past his best, he then asked Bret if he would reconsider signing for WCW to get him off the payroll which Bret duely accepted since he believed at the time he owed a lot to Vince.

This does not strike me as a guy who would do the dirty on Vince however I am of the opinion that Vince was correct, after the Alundra Blaze incident Vince could not be seen to lose face again, particularly after starting the war by allowing Flair onto the WWF TV with the NWA title
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bret talks about Montreal and Flair   Bret talks about Montreal and Flair Empty

Back to top Go down

Bret talks about Montreal and Flair
Page 1 of 1