Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Christian And WWE

Go down 
+3
MaFish
InvincibleIleak
Discopants
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:20 pm

I've heard a load of people on here praising Christian all the time and saying how wonderful he is and how much of an asset he would be to WWE. I'm not disagreeing with this at all, I haven't seen enough of him but that's not the point.

He might be a superb talent but do you really think the WWE audience would give a turkey about him? People on here who praise Christian watch TNA and the majority of WWE fans don't watch it. They know nothing of how good he is so to them he would be still be the poorer half of Edge and therefore not really a credible World Champion.

Someone here (MaFish?) said he would only be tempted to WWE if he was given a WWE title run but do you reckon WWE would be willing to offer that? I think the WWE would have to make Christian prove himself to a WWE audience before he even got near a title run.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:30 pm

I said something similar to this. I think when he joins he won't be propelled to the main event straight away I expect him to have a feud and maybe 6 months to a year proving himself in the upper mid card before he's allowed even near the world title, I think a good way to get him over would for him to go over Shawn Micheals. A major factor would be if he's face or heel, if he's face he might sell loads of merchandise and that mean push where as a heel he might not get the heat needed.

I would bring him in as a heel and big himself up say he's better than last time etc. and then go into a feud, after 6 months, put him in a feud with Shawn Micheals have him go over Micheals and turn face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:38 pm

That's the thing though, I think WWE would offer it to him, but I dont know if he would accept, being so comfortable in TNA with their schedule and living in Orlando, plus he is where WWE wouldn't put him in the first place, in the main event scene. But Christain aint a lazy twat anyway so I dont think the schedule will make much of a difference in negotiation's tbh...

But I think if WWE did want him to prove his worth in the main event scene they just need to look at his TNA work, his worth has been proven.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:41 pm

MaFish wrote:
That's the thing though, I think WWE would offer it to him, but I dont know if he would accept, being so comfortable in TNA with their schedule and living in Orlando, plus he is where WWE wouldn't put him in the first place, in the main event scene. But Christain aint a lazy twat anyway so I dont think the schedule will make much of a difference in negotiation's tbh...

But I think if WWE did want him to prove his worth in the main event scene they just need to look at his TNA work, his worth has been proven.

Yeah but like Disco said the fans might not have seen his TNA stuff, and if they don't take to him there's no chance for him.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:48 pm

I kinda agree with what you're saying Disco, if the WWE fans of today couldn't give a shit about Jericho(who is a bigger star) when he returned, then I can't see them creaming their pants at Christian can you?

Fans of yesteryear would like to see him back though(unless they are TNA fans obviously), I honestly don't see WWE offering him a guaranteed title run and with the light schedule of TNA, I see him staying there to be honest.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 pm

I would like to think that the fan's areNT that fickle, plus the majority of fan's like us will have seen him in WWE before, seen him in TNA and seen the contrast in his work rate, plus it aint bout proving shit to the fan's when it come's to some one like Christian, he WILL get over no matter what they do with him, and trust me, The Towers will have seen what he's been doing in TNA, and are probably looking to scout him as we um, type...

EDIT: Bazz, I dont think he would give too much thought about the lighter schedule if he was offered abit more cheddar and a decent push to main event. The problem with Jericho's return was it was stretched out too much, every one knew it was him 2 month before he actually came back... If they brought Christian back in as a suprise face against Edge then it would defo get a pop!

Last edited by MaFish on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellin :P)
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Christian definitely has the talent to be a main event star in WWE, he was just never given that opportunity when he was there. Despite that though, he was one of the most popular guys on the roster. But WWE's loss was most definitely TNA's gain.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:59 pm

I think most within the WWE probably realise there mistake in the way they treated Chritian first time around, I doubt they would make the same mistake twice with the guy!

I doubt he would be given a guaranteed run with the belt though, they did not offer Jericho that so I doubt they would offer Cage it!

For the record I actually think Christian Cage is better than Chris Jericho, not by much though
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Christian should stay with TNA. It is better for him, better for TNA and lastly even better for WWE.

He seems to enjoy himself more in TNA, gets more chances to shine in the spotlight, has a lighter schedule and finally gets the kind of credit he deserves.
TNA would be dumb to let him go, because he is a good worker and a pretty big draw.
And WWE... wouldn't know how to use him properly, and thus only attract fan rage when they hire him again, only to put him into midcard nirvana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:09 pm

I doubt the WWE don't know how to use him, they may have not used him properly last time around but I think they will know how to use someone as talented as he is!

TNA may not have a choice if he goes, his contract is nearing its completion so he could be a free agent!

Christian maybe enjoying himself in TNA however I doubt he would not have fun in the WWE working with guys like Edge Jericho Michaels Punk and the Hardy's
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Right, I keep forgetting about his expiring contract. This could end pretty disastrous for TNA if Christian really decides to leave.

First Gail Kim, who had turned into a good worker and one of the major draws of the company, and now Christian...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Like Bazz said last week, Gail Kim was one of there biggest draws, ratings proved this, when she was on more people watched iMPACT! yet they don't pay her a big ratings winners salery yet they hire Mick Foley who can barely move
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 pm

TNA could start slipping in popularity me thinks. If it's losing its big draws there could be problems, Christian, Gail Kim, Awesome Kong. Then theres Samoa Joe who is always rumored to be bought by WWE. Booker T and Sting aren't getting any younger and Kurt Angle has all the injury problems, TNA need to get some major stars in or do what they do best and make them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christian And WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian And WWE   Christian And WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian And WWE
Page 1 of 1