Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????

Go down 
+2
thegunman84
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? Empty
PostSubject: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:22 am

THIS IS NOT MY ARTICLE JUST ONE I CAUGHT ON A DIFFERENT SITE

Shawn was involved in one of the greatest wrestling angles in history the screwing of Bret Hart. Bret left the company for WCW and Shawn stayed. A few months later Royal Rumble 1998 Shawn suffered a back injury. Was It a career ending injury? No, but Shawn claimed it was.

Why would Shawn do this?

He was under contract to WWF, he was involved in the most controversial match (arguably) in wrestling history, and there was no way Vince McMahon would ever let him go anywhere. McMahon would keep him under contract even if he sat at home and did nothing.

If Vince fired Shawn, the match every wrestling fan wanted to see (a return match, Shawn vs Bret) would happen in WCW.

Shawn knew it and claimed an injury, career ending at that. He still wrestled at Wrestlemania 1998 to make a big PPV payday, before going out.

Why would Shawn do this?

A new family, a paid break from wrestling, less impact on his body=longer career, longer career=more earning potential.

Shawn did appear in a non wrestling role for awhile after that, but soon stopped appearing.

Shortly after his departure he started his own wrestling school in Texas and even went as far as to wrestle several matches on the shows put on by the school. He was still under WWF contract.

Fast forward a few years. Read this article (it's pretty interesting) I'm sure Shawn did (or one like it). http://money.cnn.com/2001/03/23/deals/wwf/

Shawn saw WWF buy out WCW and knew his gravy train was over. Not to mention that Bret Hart was retired due to a legit career ending injury. So the dream match between the two was not gonna happen anywhere, anytime, ever.

Vince had no reason to pay Shawn to do nothing. Shawn could be released, he had to do somthing.

Shawn started to train again he also started appearing again. It wasn't until Summerslam 2002 before he actualy wrestled.

Shawn: "Hallelujah, Vince I'm cured". "Re-sign me a quick as you can, for as much money as you can."

Shawn started working a full schedule right after and hasn't looked back...

Don't get me wrong Flair had a career ending injury (doctors told him to never wrestle again) in a plane crash and wrestled through it for another 30 some odd years.

Shawn's situation was different than Flair's. Honestly I don't blame Shawn for doing what he did (if I had my boss by the balls I would do the same).

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/s/shawn-michaels.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(2002)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Michaels
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Well it certainly wouldn't be the first time he's faked an injury, usually to avoid losing a title. However I don't buy this one, I believe there was legitimate hatred between Michaels and Hart, and they would have had no intention of working together again. I do think he could have come back from the injury much earlier, but he was too fucked up on drugs at that time I don't think it was ever really on the cards. Nice theory, but not one I'm buying into.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Na its not my idea anyway Guns, I just read it and found it very interesting, like everything, you can make a conspiracy theory out of anything
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:30 pm

That's true, conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen, but some seem more feasible than others. I mean if Michaels was fit to compete, would he not have instantly returned to wrestling, even just for the money? This one seems to have a few flaws in it, but still a good read.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Well the actual story suggests that he was fit however he was on full pay by Vince, basically because they suggest that Shawn new about the Montreal screwjob, Shawn played on his injury at the Royal Rumble and Vince new if he fired Shawn he would simply turn up on Nitro and the much anticipated and probably highest draw in pro wrestling re-match history would have taken place in the WCW

They then suggest that its only when Vince purchased WCW that Michaels was forced to make a comeback as he could no longer play on the fact he could go to there biggest rivals
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm

If he was sitting out his contract, it was all a bit pointless, as the tide was turning back towards WWF, plus if he was looking for a big payday, he could easily have just threatened to jump to WCW like he did on a few previous occasions, Vince would stump up the cash like he always did.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Yes but that would not have saw him earn while doing nothing

As for the tide, your correct the tide was turning however Shawn Michaels being one of the biggest names in the wrestling business and having Bret Hart there at the same time could have been enough to sway WCW back some major viewers.

I know I would have been more inclined to watch Nitro if Michaels was on it than what RAW
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:54 pm

I don't really believe that Michaels alone would be enough tosway the viewers, but working with Hart would definitely have done it. I just can't see bret being willing to work with him though. No Bret vs Shawn? WWF still continues to win with Austin alone drawing in more viewers than anyone.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm

I don't know, I think Hart would have loved to work with Michaels again, although I don't know how much Shawn would have been up for it although with Hall and Nash around and all there sway I am sure he would have had enough back up!

They would not have had to enter into a match right away anyway, they could have just let it simmer for long enough and build on the hype
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 2:44 pm

It was once again a business matter. It was in Vince's best interest to keep paying shaun and in Shaun's eyes why not get paid to rest. In the End I couldn't see either of them parting company. Shaun is too well off and always has been with WWE and Vince keeps making the money on DVD's and merchandise.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Interesting read but I don't by it, it just sounds like some smarkyass nerd putting two and two together and coming up with 15billion.

Where did you find this gaff?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Not sure Bazz, was on about 20 different forums yesterday, thought it was an interesting point of view, not my opinion but thought it would spark a decent did he didnt he debate, no one seems to have bought into it, to be fair I dont think it got much attention in that thread either
Back to top Go down
king inferno
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
king inferno

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:32 pm

very interesting.and i believe he could have faked it,it makes perfect sense knowing shawns ego,especially knowing that with stone cold supassing him shawns pay would probably go down.add that to the fact that shawn has faked numerous injurys before amd it could be possible.but in the end i dont buy it ,his injury did look legitimate in the casket match and really there is no solid evidence to prove it just theories of what could have happened
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Country : Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:09 am

maybe he wanted some family time for awhile many of the guys don't get to have much family time and some of them take it when they can without out looking bad at the same time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????   Did Shawn Michaels fake it??????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Shawn Michaels fake it???????
Page 1 of 1