Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Raw 25

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 2:04 pm

It's basically a PPV size monumental event where big things will be going down and plenty of nostalgia acts to boot. So here's the thread for it. Any rumours your're excited about? Or anything you think could happen.

Before I knew there was an IC match at the event I thought they would crown Miz at this, he's earned the spotlight, and that spotlight is going to be maybe a million extra US viewers? You'd hope they have marketed it well on USA to get big ratings from former fans due to the nostalgia acts. (and not just during current shows or to those currently aware of the product. And definitely not just on the website which people who currently watch WWE don't even check!)

Everyone is assuming Undertaker will be starting a program with Cena. Sting is clearly still campaigning to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania as well. And there is backstory laid down for the deadman seeking revenge on Reigns. Which is my personal gut feeling, it just feels like they kept that story alive for more. Even right after when people said Taker had retired it didn't seem over.

If Hogan comes out will people cheer or boo? He said “I don’t know if they want me back. I think the fans want me back" but do they? Do they really?

I think the only way WWE could ever have Hogan on their show is if it's for no fee, he's not in character and it's used to show a no tolerance policy to racism in a smartly written segment... Or maybe being tipped over by Strowman haha. I doubt they'll book him. Nothing has changed since they stopped his legends deal or whatever it was.

The bogeyman also returns! Especially for Mackem. As the resident Boogeyman expert, who do you think he will target? Booker T? Or give some new talent like Elias the wormy spotlight?

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:12 pm

I think the bogeyman will do something’s big with Elias or JBL. I didn’t know he was coming back for this tbh.

Raw 25 - I think it will basically be an attitude era raw. Lots of stupid spots but hoping miz v reigns is main event.

DX will do something with the miztourage. Stone cold will stunner Vince. Ric flair will elbow drop his blazer.

Enzo and nia jax will cuddle. Jim Ross will say clobberknocker amd michael cole will then say vintage Jim Ross.

And Strowman could actually kill someone - hopefully Jason Jordan
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm expecting a pre-recorded Rock video. I'm expecting a CM Punk chant, and no CM Punk.

I just hope the legends are used to put over the current guys. It always sucks when old-timers like Flair come back to try and steal the show, I much prefer it when the new guys are made to look strong. Even if it means going off-script like Lesnar telling Hogan 'Party's over, grandpa!' - Hogan sold that perfectly, a mixture of both wanting Lesnar to sod off, but knowing he can't do a damned a thing about it. I really don't want it to end up like the New Day / League of Nations match at Mania, where HBK, Foley and Austin made New Day look like chumps, or Rock verbally killing the Wyatt Family. Put the new guys over strong.

I also hope something starts for Mania, whether that's Undertaker and Cena, Triple H and Strowman (actually, there's my booking - Strowman kills DX, apart from Triple H, who vows vengeance or something), Miz regains the IC title, and Tatanka appears. That would make me a happy Grecian.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 1:33 am

There's also two arenas on the same night, but no one knows exactly how it's going to be done. They could have gold dust and enzo in a car chase between arenas.

We have to remember that they can take the piss out of themselves at times, and on Raw 1000 The Hand returned all grown up.

I think current talent wise The Revival will be beating down someone. APA. New Age Outlaws. Dudley Boys?

Elias should get a moment. He's been in the ring with Reigns and Cena lately (one good match, one absolute stinker) maybe he's due more than Boogey.

I've always said they should have the NWO bless Finn Balor on some big show. It wouldn't make sense for Raw 25, but WWE do seem adamant on showing and saying too sweet as much as possible lately.

The not so subtle nostalgia clips WWE has been showing on Raw and SD for a while now, even before Raw 25 announced, have had a lot of Daniel Bryan (conditioning fans for his return and showing newer fans why he matters -a little like the Ziggler career highlights package) but the occupy Raw stuff might be important. Having the SD GM occupy Raw again would be kind of logical. Not another invasion, but a bit of payback for Survivor Series with nostalgia mixed in could maybe work. Occupy Raw. Explain why his brand will triumph in the Rumbles. Leave peacefully. Get heat from Shane the next day.

I hope HHH doesn't do D.X 1. it's embarrassing 2. He should further his current character and spoil the fun to get heat. It could still be all about him though, so that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 7:03 pm

Those credits are wonderful, but interesting to see Punk but no Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 8:11 pm

I think if they booked him that would be the only story the next day in mainstream media. And actually when was he even on Raw? He went to Japan and then WCW during The Raw years. So the only Raw footage would be his tag run with Edge or random return stuff lol. He is hugely important to Vince' s WWE, but not really Raw. Is that right? Wrestling history never sticks in my mind
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 9:22 pm

He did the first Rock staredown before their Mania 18 match on Raw, that's probably his stand-out Raw moment. Most of the stuff he did after that (the Edge tag team, Captain USA) was all on Smackdown. He's done a few one-off Raw things, but his main headlining run was before Raw started.

It would get WWE a ton of publicity, but has that ever stopped them before?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm

So raw 25 happened...

Wasn’t to fussed on all the oldies returning to bury current talent. Did enjoy the continuing of current storylines - especially Elias’s segment. Thought the miz and reigns had a good match too. Feel sorry for the Revival. Nothing else really to talk about imo
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Just a bog standard Raw, with a few old cunts there.

Still loving Braun.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 am

That'll teach the Revival to say wrestler on a wrestling show for a company called world wrestling entertainment Smile

Elias probably the only unmade guy that benefited. Asuka is over as fuck, and got to kill everyone to set up her Rumble loss lol. She's just much better presented than Nakamura, it's crazy. Her angry ranting over the Miz in the Mixed match promotion is just the perfect way to make her cool to all.

I started to write about Raw, see how soon I stopped though... and paste...

The first thing I think during the opening video and segment is that Shane really needs to adapt into a proper character. He is so nervous when speaking as himself live, but as a character he is way more comfortable. “Get ready for your ride!” SMASH! Cool. Man sweating and nervously trying to remember what he's saying every week. Not cool.

Vince manages to turn heel again.
A PLAQUE DAMN IT!
ASSHOLE!
He is the master of working a crowd just the right amount for setting up a glass break lol

Yeah I stopped writing at that point. Austin stuff, legends stuff good enough, bit cringey (HHH desperately too sweeting anything that moves) and the matches were pointless. If you expect a boosted rating, might as well send out Titus, Apollo and Dana, the worst part of your weekly show, for all to see lol.

A weird highlight of the night is perhaps how low key MVP was. One of WWE's least low key characters... Just chilling backstage. And Brother Love probably won the backstage stuff
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 5:41 pm

Fun fact. Mike Rotunda was the agent at the Manhattan show. The one where Wyatt easilly pinned Hardy in a few minutes in a very pointless match... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raw 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 25   Raw 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw 25
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: