Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Royal Rumble 2018 thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 pm

And Neville too - that would be a shock return if he came out...
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Apparently Daniel Bryan is the new favourite to win.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Barely a mention of Page's injury on Raw too. 2018, the year Kurt, Paige and Bryan all get paralysed

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ride that {motherfucker} 'til the wheels fall off
And I bounce 'em back to back 'til they necks get soft

How insane would Bryan vs AJ be though? It's the kind of huge story you'd leak if CM Punk was returning too Laughing what about the old rumour of Lesnar vs Jon Bones Jones in an alleged steroid fueled unsanctioned mma match?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 am

I do believe it will be a SD star who wins it Bryan would be a shock as hes not aloud to wrestle but I would love the likes of Rusev to win it the only reason I think it will be a SD star is Reigns will be facing Lesnar at Mania but don't think needs the rumble win for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Another reason to give it to Ziggler, instead of doing the HBK style return to no reaction. Is if Ziggler wins the Rumble, people will probably boo, and legitimately react negatively if he takes Nakamura's perceived spot.

Then there's Balor. He is still doing his "I know something you don't" trolling face on wwe tv a lot. As well as the weird concussion spot this week which I'm guessing is a work, without having read up anything about it. But I imagine they are keeping bullet club vs The Shield back, because its pointless with Jordan there, thats his own thing and they can do that uneasy alliance story vs anyone. But there is a lot of Seth vs Balor stored up for something bigger in the future.

Wouldn't it be cool to have Finn lead a charge to fuck up the universal title at the Rumble or something though? Write in that he's out of the Rumble injured with a concussion (losing another chance to earn his rematch) but have him show up anyway, claiming conspiracy and somehow taking out 3 monsters taking the show hostage demanding his universal title rematch, or to be added to that match. If he's not going to win the Rumble, logically he has to snap. Only so much shit a character can take, right? And he's been eating the shit they feed him on tv by never getting his rematch, and the internet thinks he's being shafted of a chance too. Its the perfect story, right? Something big has to happen soon, and I think it will, in some way.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:03 pm

A (slight) possibility could be a raw guy winning the rumble but will want to challenge Smackdown champion...
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:52 pm

I've always liked that idea, but seeing as they did Balor vs AJ at that B-level PPV a while back, I'm not sure they could pull it off. Of the favourites mentioned, if they want a 'new' match to headline the SD side of Mania, it's got to be either Nakamura or Orton. On the Raw side, it would have to be Seth Rollins winning it, and let's face it, AJ vs Seth would be all kinds of awesome. I don't think Seth has been confirmed in yet, has he?

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 2:10 am

I liked that idea with Joe going on to face AJ. Or some absolutely crazy unlikeky booking with AJ going on to face Lesnar to conquer the Beast at WM. I mean if anyone deserves to win absolutely everything on the grandest stage, it's AJ miles ahead of the pack.

What is the money match of current full time talents? Roman vs AJ. Teased all the way back on his debut at the Rumble. Explored a little, but now as the established top 2. That probably solidifies that Roman has to face Lesnar and AJ has to face a big name Rumble winner to give him a big mania moment this year. I guess that's my WM 2019 prediction sorted too.

I'm getting Rumble fever now though. And there's some exciting news about EC3 leaving TNA. So he's my pick for entrant number 10. The Miz, Enzo, Spud and EC3 in one company, and you'd be set for promo time.

You could argue that right now the biggest heel and only one with enough global presence to face AJ is Chris Jericho. Main eventing WM big enough reason to 're schedule some tour dates? What a Face and did he attack Naito to set up a match in njpw, or to make it look like he was setting up a match. Oh the conspiracies are taking over Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 4:58 pm

AJ should definitely headline on the SD side of things. If they're going for a big first-time match for him, then he has to face Joe, Rollins, Orton or Nakamura. Daniel Bryan, if he gets cleared? AJ is good enough to look after him and make sure he's not taking any hits to the head.
If they decide to go with a show-stealing, all-time great match - dare I suggest Cena? They've had a few crackers over the years.

EC3 has apparently been spotted at the Performance Center, and would be a cool debut.

I always get more excited about the Rumble than pretty much anything else. Including Christmas and my birthday.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 10:05 pm

The Smackdown main event was pretty epic this week. Sami and AJ trying to outsell each other while telling a complex and multi layered story and setting up what will be key features in their PPV match. Everything has clicked at exactly the right time for this.

Along with Nakamura looking a bit more like Nakamura. Orton nailing heel like RKO's outta nowhere, Corbin looking half decent in his match with Shinsuke, Rusev still being insanely over, new day declaring for the Rumble with Kofi doing his huge leaping high spot, Becky actually doing SOMETHING (she's my underdog for the women's match so that was a good sign she'll have a story thread in the match) and no mention of Dolph in relation to the US Title it's looking like Smackdown has a lot more going on at the Rumble of interest than it did before

It was a proper 'go home' pre ppv show unlike Raw. Roll on Sunday. Yep
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Tonight is the night. I think there's going to be a lot of talking points. Right now who do you want to win, or who won't you mind winning the big matches?

Can anything be as cool as the Black vs Cole match at nxt? Start to finish it just felt like how wrestling should feel. No one could tune in to something like this and think "typical dumb wrestling crap". And I say start to finish and I've not even finished the match yet. I'm confident they will keep delivering. The set up, the look, even the black ring mat adds to everything. They have the ability , the psychology, the facials, the pacing is fantastic too. If it was the 90's you could book Black to win the royal rumble on debut and he'd be made. Adam Cole turning the chairs around, but then getting killed was perfect. They really know what they are doing. The spots are fucking insane and look great

The end of the match really felt like Black getting his curtain call before a call up too. Weird
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:11 pm

On the pre-show, thwy've just announced the winner can challenge a champ of their choosing. Raw guy to face a SD guy?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 pm

Joe. Joe. Joe. Joe. Joe

I think they let it slip a while ago. Cory said one week "a champ of their choosing" But now it's official

Announcing that the winner can challenge anyone opens up the match logically for AJ and Brock to enter too.

All the really interesting outcomes involve teasing who faces who with cross branding as well. So many to choose from. Joe vs AJ or Brock is an interesting build with a tease between the two targets, Balor vs Brock or AJ. You can give AJ the rumble and Brock Lesnar instead and have Reigns vs Braun non title at WM and Cena vs KO and Sami if AJ dropped the belt. They could also feasibly crown Braun tonight and have Brock win the Rumble. You could set up Bryan vs Lesnar or AJ. Tease Nakamura vs Brock or AJ, it all becomes more interesting for all the favourites with that one announcement

Less so for Dolph.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 pm

I think Charlotte may have blown one of the surprises in the women's Rumble too!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:16 pm

I waited 20 minutes or so and pressed play from the start so I'm back in time. The network usually crashes or has quality issues when it's live live.

She hacked my dual champion idea too Laughing and made me regret not picking Becky with my gut instinct. There's definitely a good story to explore there. (And the WWE women are some of the best at ring psychology and storytelling these days)

Announcing a surprise entrant like it was common knowledge though. Woooo(ps)

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Paying too much attention to the WWE in house video voiceover guy for a minute "in the city of underdogs...one man will overcome 29 others... a king will be crowned tonight"

See if that ends up being relevent or not at the end of it all...
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 pm

One of the best Rumbles in years. The woman's one was pretty awesome too. Torrie Wilson!!!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:49 am

Really good Rumble match. Entertaining and smartly booked. So many talking points for when everyone's caught up.

I'm still laughing at Michael Cole's commentary about Kairi Sane.

And it turned out a king was crowned.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Men's Rumble:

Where to start? So much good stuff...

Loved Heath Slater just getting booted to the ground every time a new guy entered, and the shock value of him eliminating Sheamus was up with Maven and Undertaker, for me.

Balor's performance was exceptional.

Hurricane's return.

Mysterio's return. That was a genuine shocker, and he looked great too. I'd love WWE to get him on some kind of part-time contract, he's too good to be wasted in TNA.

Nakamura winning was great, and the visual towards the end of Cena / Orton / Rey against Reigns / Balor and Shinsuke was great.

How over is Rusev?

Kofi's escape was well done as always, and long stays for Almas, Rusev, Elias... I don't know who booked it, but that was, I think, one of the best Rumbles ever.

Women's Rumble:

It was also great, but I can't help thinking that they may have ruined next years. There were 13 spots to fill, and they basically used every single one of their big name female legends. Unless they hire at least 15 women in the next 12 months, it'll be a procession of Trish, lita and co all over again. There's no-one else to get, unless Candice Michelle is keen to snap her shoulder again.

Torrie Wilson. I still love her.

Asuka winning was great, shame it's been over-shadowed by Ronda Rousey. The potential three women's matches at Mania could be awesome - if they got either Rousey or Asuka vs Charlotte, Rousey vs Steph or some kind of mixed tag with Trips chucked in, Rousey vs Asuka... it's all good!

The rest:

Usos vs Gable / Shelton was shaping up to be really good, until the sudden ending. Bar vs Rollins & Jordan was all a bit meh, but did what it needed to in the build of Rollins vs Jordan at Mania. AJ's match was predictable but fun, and the Lesnar / Strowman / Kane match is worth watching just for Lesnar belting Strowman for real.

A damned good PPV, well worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 1:50 pm

At first I thought maybe Asuka would say "I challenge.. BOTH" until the swerve and Rousey came out. I think Asuka will use her Rumble win to go after the attraction of Ronda Rousey instead of a title after that ending though. She could be considered a worthy prize, I guess. Rousey did over shadow, but with them  writing in the 'slap away' handshake it kind of shows that the Asuka character isn't going to take being over shadowed lightly. So it's cool they did that.

Rousey wearing Roddy's leather jacket was a really nice touch too.

It's funny because of how WWE used the divas division a lot of the former talent are either still young or still pretty healthy. If they trained and had enough matches to shake ring rust a lot could still go. Kelly Kelly and Torrie kind of showed how good current talent is though. That hurricanrana spot was as it would have been 10 years ago, to be fair lol. Not sure why Mcool went on a rampage of eliminations...

Sasha got Iron Woman. So she's not in the dog house. Nor should she be. She turned heel in the match too, which was nice.

Vicky Guerrero was typical Vicky. When she bashed Carmella with the case. That was awesome.

I wrote some mostly live reaction to the rest of the Rumble too. Here it is...

Glorious US open challenge. Mojo screwed up the finish.

The R on the turnbuckle graphics makes it look like there’s a Japanese flag in every corner lol.

Kevin and Sami's double teams were cool. Monkey flip rana
Superkick blue thunder bomb. Good match but the singles match with Sami on SD was way better.

Sami missed the tag. AJ pinned Owens. Where’s Bryan coming out to restart the match lol? Maybe a rematch later on in the PPV? Seems like there’s more to come

Backstage with Shane. Didyouseeitdidyouyseeitdidyouseeitdidyouseeit? Did you see it?
Yep... So that's the set up to Shane not giving them a rematch for the ref botch. Sorted

Uso's rocking the purple. That would be nice on a tshirt... but they AINT SELLIN TEE SHIRTS ITS A LIFESTYLE. Lol

Teased all the finishes in the feeling out stage of the match, that was quite cool.
A tonne of action before any falls.
Finishing move to the outside. Damn. Uso's Head smashed.
2 falls to nil to Uso's. But was one the illegal man again? Cory said something about ref confusion at one point I think. It was unexpected therefore good, but a little confusing because it felt like it might not have really been the finish for a moment

So the men’s Rumble is early. Nice, this means big things happening in the women’s Rumble later too right?

Rusev Dayyy! And Balor out first. Good stuff. I think they'll last until the final few for sure.
Rhyno.
Corbin. Gets eliminated early and kills Balor and Rusev... And heath who is coming out. Moments happening early.
The down time gives Elias time to come out and sing lol. Awesome. The clock won’t start until I’ve finished my song haha.
CIEN! AWESOME.
Heath Slater is going deep because he’s not even got in the ring haha. Everyone is kicking him on their way down lol. Brilliant
Wyatt.
Big E revives Heath with crotch pancakes...

Tye in at 10, but gets beaten down by KO and Sami backstage.
Sami takes the spot
Sheamus. He finally throws Heath in... Heath eliminates Sheamus instantly to break Santino’s record? Coukd call it 0.9 seconds
Wyatt takes out Heath. Boo.
Xavier
Apollo Crews
Shinsuke Nakamura. Sing along.
Knee to the Sami. Elimination.
Cesaro.
Kofi
Hinder Mahal
Mahal eliminating the new day.
Burn it down. Fire pants Rollins. Most height gained on an entrance. Good elimination on Cesaro
Kofi walking on pancakes. And... Boing!!!
“See ya bye” Jinder. Cole obviously cares about him lol

Almas finishes Kofi
Yehhhhhhaaahhhhhoooooaaaaahhhhhh.
Delete.
Delete.
Delete.
Bray and Hardy eliminate Rusev. Together. Boo. Then eliminate each other
20. Cena.
Everyone attacks Cena.
Cena dumps Elias.
21... Stand back! There’s a Hurricane coming through!!! Haha YES!!! He has a stare down with Cena. Awesome
AA and it’s back to the HurriCave.
(Cena isn’t even allowed to do his move the opponents are just jumping off his shoulders lol)
Aiden English

Shock. The. System. Adam Cole baby.

The future of WWE and John Cena all sharing the ring. Time to give them the rub.

Orton. More rub available
Cien gone via RKO. 30 minutes for Andrade.
Titus... rub killer. Quite late for fodder.
Miz.
Booyaka. Booyaka. 619! Rey looks as good as ever
Cole gone. Bit pointless doing shock the system for that in all honesty.

Boo it’s Roman lol. I hope he wins now just to burst the Philly bubble hahaha. He won’t but still lol.
Miz. Shield bomb gone. Reigns takes out Rollins (he’s good in the “I don’t give a shit” role. I prefer that to tge crap second coming tame shield they did)
29. Gold...

Dust lol.

30. Ziggy

All the favourites still in.
Just for shits the thought that enters my head is... a gm could make it 31 entries if they felt like it... lol.
Ziggler gone. Ha. Off to Japan you go then.

Orton, Cena, Reigns, Mysterio, Balor, Nakamura. Final 6.
Old vs New stare down. The rub.

Orton dumped by Reigns.
Double 619 by Rey Rey on Cena and Reigns
Balor takes out Rey to a bit of a heel reaction lol.
Final 4 the big 4.
Cena vs Reigns. “You both suck”
Balor vs Nakamura mini match
Balor gets the Cole curse “this has been a career defining moment for Balor”
Double stomp reversal of the Kinshasa.
dumped out by Cena, who looks genuinely upset that he was booked to go beyond Finn lol. Balor 57 minutes

Cena and Reigns go at it.
Reigns turning and kicking a prone Nakamura out of his way like he’s nothing was cool.

Knee to the face. Cena taken out by Shinsuke

OoohAhhh... Knee... Kick. Flying knee... Kinshaaa.. Spear...
Roman can’t dump Shin. Escape. Run, dodge... Kinshasaaa... dumped
And the winner. Shinsuke Nakamura (KING of Strong Style)

Goes on to face AJ Styles

A really good Rumble full of interesting stories told through the match. Really well booked and a result people wanted too.
They gave a bit of time Roman vs Nakamura which was cool too.

Lessons learned. A new WWE. There was only a tiny lull in the match where the moments dried up, but it was very minimal.

Post Rumble stuff.

Bryan looked so happy backstage with the Nakamura win.
Stephanie giving a huge angle alert phrase about women’s Rumble “either way I think we’ll all be pleasantly surprised at the end of the night”

Tag match. Jason Jordan deserts, in a way. He needs to adopt “concussion protocol” as his catchphrase. Rolling off excuses

Monster mash.
Braun knees Lesnar who goes a bit wobbly for a second. Then Brock decides to punch Braun flush in the head which legit staggers him to a knee haha.  Hopefully they don’t forget any spots, it’s very early to get a bit knocked out lol.

Lots of destruction. Lesnar wins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble 2018 thread   The Royal Rumble 2018 thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Royal Rumble 2018 thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2