Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The WWE releases thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The WWE releases thread Empty
PostSubject: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 am

Thought it might be worth having a specific thread to discuss releases, especially with rumours of a few coming up.

Eva Marie has gone, not a huge surprise given she hadn't been seen since her suspension but a shame given the heat she was getting on NXT and Smackdown. Part of me wishes she'd won the NXT women's title, that would have been hilarious.

Ho ho Lun also rumoured to have gone, but not yet confirmed. I imagine Wrestlemania will be cancelled now until they can get Stone Cold back to replace him in the main event...
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 6:34 am

There's a rumour online that Neville has walked out of WWE on Monday, just before Raw went on air.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 am

Another top cruiserweight if true (Austin Aries being the other).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 9:52 am

wow surprised by that he was suppose to be moved to SD to win WWE Championship as he carried the cruiserweight division
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am

Story going round was that he was supposed to face Enzo in the main event on Raw and lose. He walked out, was replaced by Kalisto who won it. Really hoping it's not true, Neville has been amazing all year and matches between him and Kalisto would be great before he heads to SD.

Either way, he's too good for the 205 division, and he'll make a ton of money in Japan if he goes.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Neville wasn't supposed to face Enzo though, Kalisto was the only one eligible in the storyline. So regardless whether the release bit is true, that part of the rumour sounds like steaming bull. It definitely won't have been a one night thing,  For two weeks Neville has not had a rematch clause because of the storyline where he beat on Enzo. I can't see them booking him to face Enzo when the storyline was already out there on tv.

Although hopefully if this is the rumour it's a worked one so he can turn up on SD saying he is sick of Kurt and Enzo and the cruiserweight debacle.

Edit: Never mind it was title matches he was banned from but he could have been booked in a non title stupidity the title change threw me. Still hope it's smoke and mirrors
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Even if he wasn't part of the match, you'd have thought he would have been one of the lumberjacks...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 1:06 pm

I'd argue he's too good to be a lumberjack, that's what I assumed when I saw the match advertised anyway. Then I didn't pay much attention to the last hour of Raw (Raw is now designed so everything relevant happens in the first 2 hours)

It looked a complete clusterfuck though which could add strength to the rumours of a cobbled together match after a tantrum backstage. Walking out on Raw and the Division does fit the character though, but if he's legit had enough walking out is not a great move
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm

yeah hes been great and yeah he would have been wasted as a cruiserweight but as the king of the cruiserweight to dethrone Enzo would have made a better story to carry on with his Enzo feud.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 pm

I'd like to have seen him doing the old Hardcore Holly stuff, massively inflate his weight and declare hes the King of the Heavyweights. Could be awesome!

Although there's also a small part of me wondering if this is a work, and he's storyline quit Raw to go to SD. Would be an incredibly good way to get a massive pop when he appears on SD?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Something else maybe linked apparently producer Jimmy Jacobs got sacked for posing with bullet club when they turned up outside Raw. Jacobs, Neville, KO and Sami are best mates, so Neville could have already been pissed because of how weak it is to sack someone for a photo.

It's strange though that this is the week KO and Sami are getting the big push on SD. You could see WWE maybe moving Jacobs and Neville to SD because friends working together in wrestling make amazing stuff happen, and this could be making shit up to work the internet. Maybe that's a bit too creative though
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am

Apparently Enzo announced in a house show promo over the weekend that Neville has quit. it's looking like the end for him, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am

Saw some mark/smark (actually unsure how I'd categorise them) comments about how since he turned heel he's been awful and they are glad he's gone. So the complete package who gets legit heat king Not many guys can talk, wrestle and have the 0% body fat look. WWE probably needs him more than they think.

One day I would have liked to see him German suplex a Lesnar or someone, imagine the matches and battles he could have had with Joe there too.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 2:48 pm

More information came out that it wasn't a walk out, but he has told WWE he feels he's hit the wall there and would like to try his luck elsewhere. WWE then kept him off the road. So they could possibly be working something out to get more from him now that will keep everyone happy, or they are simply cooling him off before he gets a release.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 pm

I suspect it's the second of those, but hope to all that's holy it's the first...

If they can work something out, and he returns on SD in the US title picture or something, he's gonna get a massive pop if everyone thinks he's quit.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 am

read a story today that one of the reason he walked was because he was promised a move to SD and world title run only that Monday to be told he will remain in the cruiserweight division on raw and he felt like he deserves better after being the star of the division
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm

There are also a couple of reports that Nia Jax has walked out too.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 pm

yeah I just read bout that one as well and that several other superstars including top stars are also looking to get out and have approached cody Rhodes asking him how to do it like he done.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 pm

They might as well because we all know they will get replaced by Goldberg or someone at a more important time of year anyway.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Emma, Summer Rae and Darren Young have all been released today.

Emmas the most surprising of those...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Making room for Ronda and her massive money deal probably. Shame about Emma, she had the look and the skill to hang with anyone.

A weird side point though, what other sports star goes by one regular plain first name. Neville and Emma? Really? Although technically Neville was a surname at first, but it's still an uphill battle. I don't think they ever really thought Emma through or knew what to do with her, despite her being miles ahead of the others who got more serious screen time. How could she ever have been a star simply as "Emma" when she dropped to NXT she should have been given a cool surname and Vince might have noticed her more lol
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Yeah, not too surprised by Summer (she was a throwback to them using models ahead of actual wrestlers), Young saved his job by coming out otherwise he'd have been gone years ago. Emma was one I thought would be good, but the whole Emmalina thing probably did for her.

Aside from Brazilian footballers?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Haha

Although the one with a plain name is... Fred...

Apparently Emmalina was supposed to carry on and be a total parody of instagram famous celebs, so it might have been quite good. That's another string to her bow too, she is quite funny.

I can see her doing well on the Indies which isn't something that is usually said when a "lady wrestler" leaves the WWE.

You know what, I miss Emma already. Even though she basically had fuck all to do until Asuka I quite liked her 20 second moaning segments with ironic hashtaggery.

Paige will be on tv soon so they will use that to bury any possible reactions and the general fan base will probably just forget Emma.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:05 am

Isn't there a Douglas too? Plus Dele Alli now wants to be known as just Dele...

Emma was under-rated, I always thought. She was decent with Santino, was good at wrestling but not in the league of a Sasha or Charlotte. I'm guessing they'll be looking to debut a few from the Women's Open, so needed to open up a bit of space.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:36 am

From that tournament, of the green inexperienced bunch, I quite liked Bianca BellAir. Obviously not roster ready, but she might be one of those that aren't really experienced but learn the business really fast.

That's the problem with the development brand doing so well, there's a need to move people on, and the main rosters get too crowded. Guys like Hawkins get used on house shows, so maybe have a use, but others who people think might be more important might get canned.

I honestly had no idea Summer Rae was still under contract. I remember her last stint I thought the phrase "Summer will never be over" would make a good sign.

I'm a little fearful for Breezango and the ascension. They are kind of in SD live's Emma spot. Although Sin Cara got surprising tv time recently, like Emma did, so maybe this is his send off lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WWE releases thread   The WWE releases thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The WWE releases thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next