Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Sleeping With The Enemy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Sleeping With The Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 1:09 pm

So, with the WWE's biggest storyline of the summer about to kick in next week, I thought I'd ask what are your opinions on this slow building "scripted controversy" storyline that's about to drop?

Kurt Angle is romantically involved with someone that maybe he should not be. He is not embarrassed about it and will make the reveal next week.

So who do you think it is going to be?

My initial thoughts are hinted at in the title of this. I am pretty much sure the story will be a "Sleeping with the enemy" type affair, which can be done in a few different ways for different results. Could it be the madder the better? Is this going to be a bat shit crazy storyline, or is it going to be bottled somewhat?

There are a few options that have been banded about:

Stephanie Mcmahon. A tough sell, but a way to get HHH and Steph back on TV in a different way to the normal authority stuff.
Vickie Guerrero: Seen it mentioned, but can't see the point of that.
DIXIE CARTER: Bat shit crazy. Potential to really weird stuff up in WWE. Now that she is nothing to do with TNAGFW. And it would be a huge fuck you to Jeff Jarrett/Karen  Laughing Just using her as a character on WWE tv would be weird as fuck. And I kind of hope it happens just for the that reason.

But it also seems quite a lot like a homosexual storyline, just by the use of language and the suggested perceived outrage it could cause. This is America, and it could be a way to show WWE as an all accepting organisation, whilst still causing controversy with those who are more right wing.

So from that, lets see who it could be from the male side of things Shocked

HHH: Same angle as if it was Steph, but HHH, outraged by the leak breaks things off and demands they fight instead  Laughing

Corey Graves: Visibly rocked by the whole affair

Shane McMahon: Mysteriously keeps taking time off to go Surfing  Suspect

Vince McMahon: He really loves balls

Eric Bischoff: Dresses like Simon Cowell Hit It

Jim Cornette: Tennis Shorts Hit It

and now I'm going to post this "unrelated article" http://www.fightful.com/vince-russo-says-he-s-reached-out-vince-mcmahon-past-week  oh no you didnt!

This devolved in to a not so serious article. But I feel it's a topic that we should be mentioning on here. Is Russo pitching random shit to Vince again? Will this story be good, or complete bollocks. Will it draw enough main stream attention to back up with quality wrestling to get people talking about a product that is generally losing viewers?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 pm

When I saw the title, I assumed this would be about Paige and Alberto and their ongoing shenanigans...

My money is on Steph; it'd be a grand way to re-introduce her, could go with Kurt helped nurse her back to health after going through the table, and they've got close. Then Trips comes back to kick Kurt's head in, leading to a match at Summerslam. It's a story they bottled out of doing years back when it could have been something really special, so finally getting to see it properly would be great.

Saying that, though, Dixie on WWE TV after her appearance the Kurt Network show would be a moment to remember.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm

It would be different.

I don't know if the original idea was something Vince and Vince worked on before, that got binned, like a lot of risky storylines over the years. I'm just hoping they stick to their guns, it's wrestling and entertainment, and it's not often they go through with mad ideas, unless they are mad and low key/pointless.

Raw is live in Nashville too. But Steph is probably most likely along those lines. Neck injury, a comforting Kurt with his experience of bad injuries. A bottle of wine. The fact the word "love" was used during his phone call also leaves a chance for Steph to actually be leading Kurt on, manipulating etc.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm

You're right, it could be some grand plan to get rid of Kurt because the fans love him, so she wants rid to bring in her own guy.

I hadn't realised Raw is in Nashville next week. Now TNA is Global Force Wrestling, any idea if Vince would be able to buy the name of TNA and the video library? Make it a damned sight easier to get Joe and AJ box-sets out of it
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 pm

The takeover of TMA/Impact/GFW by Anthem is something I haven't kept up with. All I know is Jarrett and Karen are back  with some power, and everything got merged under Anthem's control. And Dixie is a minority shareholder, apparently haha. Billy Corgan and lots of legal battles over various things. Then the Hardy's battling for fair use of their gimmick etc etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all just a front for money laundering now, it's that messed up as a company.

If it's not Steph (see article about swerves) http://www.metro.us/sports/wwe-game-thrones-here
then using Dixie as a character to draw interest to WWE while Jarrett struggles in that mess would be interesting. Kurt is always down for controversial storylines, so really anything could be possible. They might want to top how awkward and controversial the Kurt Vs JJ and Karen angle was in TNA. Now Kurt is in a better place and there is no real world consequences they could pretty much write anything and he'd do it, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 6:40 am

I honestly think hes going to have a illegitimate kid instead of a love interest one of the superstars say Jason Jordan or chad gable be a way to line him with them. Although I have been reading online that Vince wants to bring Dixie since she appeared on WWE 24
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 11:45 am

It's going to be terrible whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:18 pm

it will be terrible if they scrap the original idea and change it to a random one. At least if they stick to their guns It will give kids/teens some drama and controversy to excite them.

Corey Graves being from Pittsburg is always an option, they could turn him into an incredibly manipulative character and set him up for a bigger future role as GM or whatever. If he is blackmailing Kurt over whatever it is.

It will be like a silly soap opera, but these are the kinds of things that peak interest in the product. Especially during American Football and basketball off season, when WWE gets stuck on in family households to replace those things.

WWE needs people talking about their shows. And needs to give people a reason to tune in weekly, other than random matches for seemingly no reason.

It won't be the Summer Of Punk, but it might be better than Hornswoggle Mcmahon
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:34 pm

It's the Cory graves involvement that intrigues me. Of Kurt is sleeping with Dixie, how does Cory know? If it's Steph, again how does Cory know?

I've read that it is chad gable is Kurts son (explains the mini push tv time he got facing Owens in open challenge and on air locker room tv time).

But my thinking is Cory graves is Dixie carters son. Kurt is having an affair with her hence Corey's involvement.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 8:29 am

And none of us were right, although Macks was closest in saying Gable was Kurt's son.

Thoughts on it being Jason Jordan...? Start of something huge for him (hopefully, I really rate him), or the new Chosen One Drew McIntyre before plunging into comedy, release and the indies for a while?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 pm

I nearly posted a jokey comment on Monday about if Kurt had slept with Momma Benjamin then it will be JJ leading to half brother Shelton coming back to television too Laughing

I kind of take the Fergie approach now, people will have tuned in, but it's hardly good. Saying that, JJ played it well, it looked like it was real for him, so that is a huge sign that he can be a big star on his own. WWE is starting to pull the trigger on people that can act, and a big bonus is Jordan can wrestle, he is "African American" which Vince has been patiently waiting for, and looks like a top athlete that can be paraded as legitimate on all media platforms.

I still think Raw needs Dixie as a character though. Or some good old fashioned blackmail to create a proper hateable heel on screen. (I don't know if EC3 would eventually come back to WWE, but having Dixie in some form would be a smart in for his character too, and keep him as an outsider to the roster. I'll say it now, he's been too good for TNA for a long time - And considering they picked DEL RIO over him, should be a reason enough to want out)

The main thing though, if people tuned in for Kurt, and stayed until the end, they might well be impressed with what followed (good show layout) The Hardy's and the Revival and then the big heavyweight bastards, with Braun looking like a proper unstoppable giant while Joe and Roman, even though they were tired from beating each other with huge, meaty clothelines, still had fight in them in response and didn't back down. So overall I'm not too arsed that it's a bit shit, even for a soap opera style.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 11:50 am

Here is everything wrong with the reveal summed up nicely

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/7/18/15990688/kurt-angle-jason-jordan-raw-secret-another-example-failed-manipulated-wwe-logic

I think we all expected some degree of blackmail, especially in regards to Corey Graves role in this, there was clearly a third party (other than Jordan) who was threatening to go public with the news, but now if they reveal them it won't make sense because the story isn't blackmail-worthy, and if they don't reveal who was threatening the leak, then it won't make sense because of all the texts Corey and Kurt received. I don't know how they will salvage this, which means they will end up moving on and forgetting about everything apart from the knowledge that Angle is now shown as Jordan's father in WWE. Obviously leading to the basic "I'll earn it on my own, Dad" babyface story

If there was even a degree of controversial feeling left, at least they could get Graves, or even Gable set up as a manipulating bastard that was threatening a leak. But there isn't any
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 9:52 am

Grecian wrote:
And none of us were right, although Macks was closest in saying Gable was Kurt's son.

boschbourne06 wrote:
I honestly think hes going to have a illegitimate kid instead of a love interest one of the superstars say Jason Jordan or chad gable be a way to line him with them.

I think I was closer haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy   Sleeping With The Enemy Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeping With The Enemy
Page 1 of 1