Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Santino Marella Announces His Retirement

Go down 
+3
feяgie22
Sexton Hardcastle
Grecian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Santino Marella Announces His Retirement Empty
PostSubject: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Quote :

Santino Marella has announced his retirement from in-ring competition. He said earlier this week that he was thinking of retirement due to injuries and tonight at a WWE Live Event he announced it in Toronto.

Santino told the crowd that he suffered his third neck injury. He plans on continuing to work for WWE and has seen doing more and more stuff for the WWE Network.

During his speech he apologized for the crowd for not being able to perform and said that he is proud to be Canadian.

Santino won the Intercontinental title on his first night in WWE when he beat Umaga on Raw back in 2007. Santino has been a comedy character every sense and been used less and less in the later years. Good luck Santino and thanks for the memories.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 pm

One of the few comedy characters in wrestling who actually made me laugh for being funny, and not cringeworthy.

For playing the underdog coming good, there aren't many better. When he was runner-up to Del Rio in the Rumble and to Bryan in the Elimination Chamber, both of those had moments when I was convinced he'd do it.

I will actually miss him!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 pm

the midcard needs guys like him. I didn't particularly like his character, but he worked well. Always kept up his character for the kids in interviews too. Sign Robbie E up to replace him
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 pm

He was brilliant when slagging Austin and his film.

And the Stuff with Batista.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:24 pm

And he managed to make Vladimir Kozlov entertaining - something no-one else managed!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Something from a few years back, but well worth looking at - no idea if the video's are still working though!

http://wweandtna.niceboard.org/t7740-the-santino-marella-appreciation-thread
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Country : Santino Marella Announces His Retirement Scotland-2

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Yeah, saw this on Twitter early doors this morning when I couldn't sleep! Gutted for him as I felt he did a great job with a comedy gimmick! I reckon he'll continue to be on TV in some capacity, he is only 35 as well!!
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I was sure he was going to win the rumble when he got back on the ring against del rio.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 pm

I forgot about all the older stuff when he got a bit more screen time. I haven't seen him do anything like that for years, partly due to not watching, and he's not been given much to do this year I don't think. I can remember the "You Lose! Subway advert", Bap-tista and the Austin stuff now I've seen it written. 2009! Wow

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:31 pm

best thing was the honk a tonk a meter when he was IC Champ
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm

I remember his tea party with Koslov when Sheamus was the guest, and Sheamus was finding it hard not to laugh while out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Announces His Retirement   Santino Marella Announces His Retirement Empty

Back to top Go down

Santino Marella Announces His Retirement
Page 1 of 1