Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Weight Divisions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Weight Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Weight Divisions   Weight Divisions EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Do you think WWE should introduce weight divisions? I know there has been talk of a return of the cruiserweight division returning but to me I think it will be a good move.

276lbs and over to go for the World Heavyweight Title. The title is already in place so it makes sense.
251lbs - 275lbs one belt (possibly IC title)
221lbs - 250lbs one belt (possibly US title)
220lbs and below go for the Cruiserweight title.

Now here is what could make it work. Any weight division can go after the WWE Championship. WWE Championship and WHC are silly for what they stand for at the minute. They would make more sense if the Brand were split and remain on each show.

Make the WWE Championship the Ultimate prize, but at the same time give them something to go for. The IC and US titles are not what they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Weight Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Divisions   Weight Divisions EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm

I wouldn't introduce weight divisions at all. I remember a few years ago when the Cruiserweight Champ (Gregory Helms at the time) outweighed the World Heavyweight Champion (Rey).

I'd merge the IC and US title, re-introduce the cruiserweights on Smackdown only, and keep the WHC on Smackdown only, since Raw went to three hours, Smackdown as a show has become absolutely awful - nothing happens on it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Weight Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Divisions   Weight Divisions EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

That would make things better. Keep the brand separate and keep the wrestlers on there respective shows - but I can't see that ever happening again. That's why I think weight divisions would work.

I remember that Grecian but surely that was a one off. Also I can't help but think mysterio was the champ because of eddie's death. I also think this played a part in getting rid of the cruiser weight title.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Weight Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Divisions   Weight Divisions EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Rey definitely only got the big one because of Eddie.

WWE does have the talent to bring in a proper brand split. if nothing else, I'd use the extra hour of Raw to bolster the tag division and IC title. The WHC is being used more and more as an IC type-title, back in the day it used to test someone before giving them the WWE title. It's how the WHC is bring used now, see how they do with that one before putting the big one on them.

I'd love the cruiserweights back, but only if it would be a recognised division, and not as a supply of jobbers for the Big Show and main eventers. That did more damage than anything, using the wrestlers as jobbers, then sticking the title on Hornswoggle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Divisions   Weight Divisions Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight Divisions
Page 1 of 1