Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?

Go down 
+6
Grecian
Rocky2
randy-poffo
dwindow
Mackem
hodge13
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Country : Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? England-1

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? Empty
PostSubject: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Just a bit of fun as from what I remember we usually do one of these, can you predict the card for next years wrestlemania?

Will wait to see peoples interest in this and also because I want to see Raw tonight first Laughing

Apparantly WWE want to announce another year long build up, my bet on that is Rock Vs Lesnar

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 am

hodge13 wrote:
Just a bit of fun as from what I remember we usually do one of these, can you predict the card for next years wrestlemania?

Will wait to see peoples interest in this and also because I want to see Raw tonight first Laughing

Apparantly WWE want to announce another year long build up, my bet on that is Rock Vs Lesnar

Probably not
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm up for trying! It's always a laugh in a year's time to see how wrong we were!
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Tried limiting it, however this is the least I could get it to with the matches I expect/want at Mania.

1) Legend Vs Legend
The Rock Vs Brock Lesnar W/ Stone Cold special guest Ref

2) WWE Title:
John Cena Vs Randy Orton (They've fueded everywhere and in everything bar Wrestlemania)

3) World Heavyweight Championship:
The Miz Vs Daniel Bryan

4) Undertaker Vs CM Punk

5) United States Championship:
Dolph Ziggler Vs Cody Rhodes

The Battle of Britain
6) Sheamus Vs Wade Barrett

(I just expect WWE to label it as this)

7) MITB - Kofi Kingston Vs Tyson Kidd Vs Jack Swagger Vs Brodus Clay Vs R-Truth Vs Christian Vs Dean Ambrose Vs Seth Rollins

8) Divas title - Kharma Vs Natalya Vs Beth Phoenix

9) Alberto Del Rio Vs Rey Mysterio Vs Sin Cara
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 pm

The Rock vs Brock

John Cena vs Undertaker

WWE WHC Unification

Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk

Randy Orton vs Y2J

Khama vs Beth Pheonix vs Kelly Kelly
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 pm

WWE Championship
CM Punk vs The Rock
(billed as Voice Of The Voiceless vs The People's Champ or something like that)

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

Buried Alive Match
John Cena vs The Undertaker

World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler vs Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton

Wade Barrett vs Amir Khan

Shaul Guerrero/Vickie Guerrero vs The Bellas

IC Title - Cage Match
The Miz vs Sheamus

Daniel Bryan vs Brodus Clay
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Rocky wrote:

I toyed with that title match tbh, as well as just Orton Vs Rhodes due to the history and background to it let alone how good the match could be.

You really think Khan would do Wrestlemania? I see him as a career first kind of guy who has to appeal to the american people to begin with so being associated to wrestling would hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 am

Undertaker vs brock Lesnar

WWE title:

John Cena vs The Rock

WHC:

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs lord Tensai

Divas match:

Kharma vs Beth Phoenix

CM Punk vs Steve Austin

IC title:

Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Seth Rollins

Big Show vs Shaq

Wade Barrett vs Sheamus

Alberto del rio vs Daniel Bryan (he'll turn face)
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I toyed with that title match tbh, as well as just Orton Vs Rhodes due to the history and background to it let alone how good the match could be.

You really think Khan would do Wrestlemania? I see him as a career first kind of guy who has to appeal to the american people to begin with so being associated to wrestling would hurt him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Orton vs Rhodes one-on-one either, but A) I think Ziggler will be involved in one of the world title matches, and considering my WWE title match prediction is Punk vs Rock, it only leaves the WHC match and B) Ziggler vs Rhodes will be viewed as too risky by WWE, hence the inclusion of Orton to give the match some guaranteed star power.

I think Khan would do Mania. It would be another big pay day for him and the American fans will be on the side of Mayweather (I assume), so Khan being associated with the "fake" wrestling will make him look like even more of a villain ahead of their big fight. People will pay to see Mayweather knock out Khan, Khan earns even more money and so on...
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am

Punk Vs SCSA

WWE Title
Brock Vs Rock

John Cena Vs Undertaker

Divas Title
Kharma Vs Beth

WHC
Barrett Vs Randy Orton

US Title

Miz Vs Ryder

Big Show Vs Shaq

Sheamus Vs Del Rio
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:23 am

I've been trying to decide on my card and I've got about 7 matches but am still missing some major names! Now I know how it feels to be a booker! I'll try and get it up on here by next week...
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
Punk Vs SCSA

WWE Title
Brock Vs Rock

John Cena Vs Undertaker

Divas Title
Kharma Vs Beth

WHC
Barrett Vs Randy Orton

US Title

Miz Vs Ryder

Big Show Vs Shaq

Sheamus Vs Del Rio

Conveniently after the dirt sheet said so Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:24 pm

dwindow wrote:
I've been trying to decide on my card and I've got about 7 matches but am still missing some major names! Now I know how it feels to be a booker! I'll try and get it up on here by next week...

I know where you're coming from, but you've got to consider the possibility that some of those major names might not even be around this time next year, either through injury or other reasons.

I don't think Jericho will be around this time next year. And whilst like Jericho, I didn't include him in my card, Rey Mysterio could be involved next year, depending on how his recovery from injury goes.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:05 pm

hodge13 wrote:
boschbourne06 wrote:
Punk Vs SCSA

WWE Title
Brock Vs Rock

John Cena Vs Undertaker

Divas Title
Kharma Vs Beth

WHC
Barrett Vs Randy Orton

US Title

Miz Vs Ryder

Big Show Vs Shaq

Sheamus Vs Del Rio

Conveniently after the dirt sheet said so Laughing

the ojnly one i actually copied off the dirt sheets was cena vs taker as i was thinking punk vs scsa after our chat on the news bit about punk and scsa
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm

yeah I thought so, I nearly went with Punk Vs Austin myself. I just think they will actually hold Cena Vs Taker off till Wrestlemania 30 as they will need a massive match up for that which I think Taker Vs Cena would provide. Because without bringing anyone back for WM30 or if there even would be someone with the star power who hasn't yet been brought back is there a match that could be the main event of 30 that would be bigger than 28 or 29 (presuming its Lesnar Vs Rock)

Presuming Rock and Lesnar only have 1 year contracts, I would say the biggest available match would be Taker Vs Cena.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Hodge, you have raised a good point. Is WrestleMania going to peak before 30? This year we've had major returns and the same speculated for next year, what about 30? What is the match or matches that could possibly sell that card in terms of dream matches? I think they may be giving us it all a bit soon
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 pm

I would say so.

Take this years top 3,

Triple H Vs Taker
Jericho Vs Punk
Cena Vs Rock

Next year rumourd:
Cena Vs Taker
Rock Vs Lesnar
Austin Vs Punk

Potential
matches left for 30 if you assume Rock and Lesnar don't re sign. It's hard to say for 30 as there could be new main eventers by then which could present opportunities for big matches, Barrett I think could be one but he's already fueded with Cena and Orton who are the biggest 2 in the company, anyway listing a few possibilities for main eventers.

Taker Vs Orton
Taker Vs Punk

Cena Vs Orton
Cena Vs Ziggler
Cena Vs Barrett

Orton Vs Punk (Done at 27 I know but it wasn't title match/main event and was pre promo time)
Orton Vs Rhodes
Orton Vs Barrett (potential royal rumble winner by that time)

Punk Vs Ziggler (good chemistry and Ziggler should have been WWE champ by this time, in addition to his WHC 'reign')
Punk Vs Barrett?

And to throw one out there as a retirement match maybe?

Jericho Vs Christian

Personally my top 3:
Taker Vs Punk
Orton Vs Cena
Christian Vs Jericho
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:04 pm

I think they are the likely possibilities but for me those matches don't sell your biggest PPV of the year. The only guys that might come back that are 'new' are Batista but he doesn't have the mainstream recognisability to make people want to buy Mania or even Lashley who never really made in mainline MMA. In my opinion Miz was their best shot at a mainstream champion but he seems to have been cast to the wayside of late.

Possibly the only thing that could sell this would be the promise of the last ever Taker or Rock match? But without a good build it would all be a waste anyway.

You do make a good point about new stars emerging although in 2 years time, prepared to eat my words, could someone truly get over enough to have the WWE market the company around them? I mean there are good wrestlers in developmental and in the WWE at the moment but I don't know if any of them have the marketability of a Rock or Austin
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:47 pm

If the crowd continues to get behind Bryan as they have since Mania at the Raw and SD events then YES YES YES ( Laughing ) I think he could make it, look at Punk pre and post promo he has escalated dramatically.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Very true. I often find it weird though that in a business where you create the stars how very few guys can truly make it! Bryan and Punk both have the advantage that they are over with the Internet (in my opinion the hardest people to please) and so the marks are the only ones to be convinced which can be done in clean wins over top guys. Punk in my opinion needs to step it up a bit as he has become Mr PG. Example in point, "Laurinitis you are a toolbox". Now I know that it has to be PG but surely there are more offensive things you can say than that, that type of thing turns me off of Punk
Back to top Go down
thejondog
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
thejondog

Country : Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? Wales-2

Location : London Number of posts : 43 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk Daniel Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Brock Lesnar v John Cena

WWE title
CM Punk v Daniel Bryan

Heavyweight
Cody Rhodes v Randy Orton v Dolph Ziggler

IC title
Sheamus v Wade Barret

Del Rio v Rey Mysterio

Jericho v Miz

Lord Tensai v Kane

US title ladder
Ryder v Heath Slater v Kofi v Jack Swagger
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 pm

dwindow wrote:
Very true. I often find it weird though that in a business where you create the stars how very few guys can truly make it! Bryan and Punk both have the advantage that they are over with the Internet (in my opinion the hardest people to please) and so the marks are the only ones to be convinced which can be done in clean wins over top guys. Punk in my opinion needs to step it up a bit as he has become Mr PG. Example in point, "Laurinitis you are a toolbox". Now I know that it has to be PG but surely there are more offensive things you can say than that, that type of thing turns me off of Punk

Yes he could call him worse stuff, but if you want to call someone a tool, which he was doing, can you think of an alternative? he just added box at the end to make it different.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:10 pm

dwindow wrote:
Hodge, you have raised a good point. Is WrestleMania going to peak before 30? This year we've had major returns and the same speculated for next year, what about 30? What is the match or matches that could possibly sell that card in terms of dream matches? I think they may be giving us it all a bit soon

At the moment, you can't really plan for 2 years in advance. if I'd said 2 years ago, Rock would be back and healdining against Cena, no-one would have taken it seriously.

What if Ziggler or Rhodes suddenly have their Austin moment and hit the big time? What if Punk gets injured and has to retire?

I think the potential is there for Mania 29 to be very good, using the talent we are assuming will be available. This gives WWE a couple of years to find the next Cena (and looking at FCW, there are a few standout candidates). Miz could suddenly step up again, Barrett could move his in-ring work above very dull, Big Show and Kane might finally retire...

What if HBK came out of retirement for Mania 30 and faced Ziggler / Seth Rollins?

So much can change over the next year, never mind 2!
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Just had a look at this again, few of us could have a few right it seems.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 pm

im miles out with it all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?   Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you predict Wrestlemania 29 a year early?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next