Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions

Go down 
+4
feяgie22
Rocky2
Saint Jimmy
Worthy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions Empty
PostSubject: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Seriously WTF was going on in that main event, R-Truth pulls Punk ontop of HHH for the pin then later pulls Punk off HHH?

Also how come Booker T keeps naming the moves wrong as he keeps doing that and it's the sort of mistake you'd expect Mike Adamley to make, not a former wrestler.

Apart that, it was an okay PPV, a few shit endings (points at Kelly Kelly match), but an okay PPV never the less.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I thought it was shite to be honest. Didnt enjoy any of the matches bar the main event but that was just a cluster fuck.

I saw that R-Truth pulling out Punk part, what the fuck was that?

I just didnt enjoy it at all and Im made up I didnt pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:30 pm

What was wrong with the Kelly Kelly finish? She just did a standard quick roll up from what I can remember.

I think the reason for R Truth pulling Punk off was because Truth was pissed that Punk knocked him out of the ring a few moments earlier. But yeah, it was a bit strange. I also didn't think there was any need for Truth/Miz to get involved. Just moaning about the conspiracy could have been carried on until Hell In A Cell at least.

That being said, I didn't hate the finish to the main event. I thought it was quite interesting. A bit disappointed that when HHH rolled back into the ring after nailing Nash with the sledgehammer, that Punk didn't catch him with a match-winning GTS but I guess HHH was never going to lose his COO status, at least not this early.

I see a team captained by R Truth/Miz going up against a HHH/Punk team at Survivor Series with the stipulation that if Team Miz wins, Laurinatis takes control of WWE. Punk would then have to make a decision whether to screw HHH over or not. And Nash could be on Team Punk, providing he is turned face by Laurinatis turning on him.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Cena only need 4 more title reigns to equal Ric Flair.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Rocky wrote:
What was wrong with the Kelly Kelly finish? She just did a standard quick roll up from what I can remember.

Just seemed like an anti-climax after the superplex for Kelly to sneak a win after that, nothing major really.

Quote :
I think the reason for R Truth pulling Punk off was because Truth was pissed that Punk knocked him out of the ring a few moments earlier. But yeah, it was a bit strange. I also didn't think there was any need for Truth/Miz to get involved. Just moaning about the conspiracy could have been carried on until Hell In A Cell at least.

To be honest they said after the tag match that the ref was part of HHH's conspiracy, yet they attack both both HHH and Punk which seemed random as I know they attacked HHH because they thought he gave them a dodgey ref, but why attack Punk?.

Quote :
That being said, I didn't hate the finish to the main event. I thought it was quite interesting. A bit disappointed that when HHH rolled back into the ring after nailing Nash with the sledgehammer, that Punk didn't catch him with a match-winning GTS but I guess HHH was never going to lose his COO status, at least not this early.

The finish was okay, just the randomness inbetween that reminded me of the old WCW/TNA where they over do the run-in's.

Quote :
I see a team captained by R Truth/Miz going up against a HHH/Punk team at Survivor Series with the stipulation that if Team Miz wins, Laurinatis takes control of WWE. Punk would then have to make a decision whether to screw HHH over or not. And Nash could be on Team Punk, providing he is turned face by Laurinatis turning on him.

Sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:33 pm

feяgie22 wrote:

Well considering he must have had 2 or 3 title reigns this year alone, it's safe to say he could do that by the end of the year taking th piss out o

BTW have they ever had a WWE title match this year without Cena in it?
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Worthy wrote:
feяgie22 wrote:

Well considering he must have had 2 or 3 title reigns this year alone, it's safe to say he could do that by the end of the year taking th piss out o

The Miz/John Morrison in January, I'm pretty sure there was a Miz/Jerry Lawler match too. But on PPV, I'd guess and say only 2 matches at the most.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Worthy wrote:

I guess Del Rio vs Punk when Del Rio cashed in counts as a title match. Can't remember many others.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Worthy wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Just seemed like an anti-climax after the superplex for Kelly to sneak a win after that, nothing major really.

Quote :

To be honest they said after the tag match that the ref was part of HHH's conspiracy, yet they attack both both HHH and Punk which seemed random as I know they attacked HHH because they thought he gave them a dodgey ref, but why attack Punk?.

Quote :

The finish was okay, just the randomness inbetween that reminded me of the old WCW/TNA where they over do the run-in's.

Quote :

Sounds like a good idea.

Heels are strange. They always like to make unnecassary enemies for themselves by attacking people (e.g. Punk) they've previously had little problem with. I know what you mean though, it doesn't make sense why they would not just focus on HHH and leave. Punk's a sneaky character so would have no problem pinning a battered HHH.

And I must be missing Batista. I keep expecting him to come out and be the one to attack HHH, not Kevin Nash.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:58 pm

people mentioning nash hhh and punk on a team. Waaaaaah? What's going on. And is the brand unification working, especially with 2 titles? Seems weird if both rosters are able to compete on both shows that people like r truth are up near the main event
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
people mentioning nash hhh and punk on a team. Waaaaaah? What's going on. And is the brand unification working, especially with 2 titles? Seems weird if both rosters are able to compete on both shows that people like r truth are up near the main event

Don't think R Truth is near the main event. They just got involved to continue their whole conspiracy storyline.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

A Survivor Series team of Nash, Punk and HHH (plus 2 others obviously) was just one of my ideas. I think a Punk/HHH team is likely though, considering Nash attacked both of them at Night of Champions. We saw John Lauriniatis on his phone again and almost immediately, Kevin Nash made a run-in so I'm thinking Punk will help HHH (the lesser of two evils in Punk's eyes) in a power struggle against Lauriniatis.

And it's not really a brand unification. SmackDown guys still go after the WHC and RAW guys after the WWE title. RAW is basically like a PPV now, with feuds from both brands unfolding on RAW.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:26 pm

yes, im sure raw is like a ppv Rolling Eyes

I do get what you're saying though, good sum up.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:54 am

That main event booking had 'TNA' written all over it - too many run-ins, people acting completely against the grain (why the hell did R-Truth break the cover???), ref bumps, Kevin Nash... it was too much for what had been until that point a decent PPV.

Bit annoyed that Cena is champ again, I'm guessing it's the standard knee-jerk reaction to bad ratings for Raw last week. WWE will never get a new generation of top-liners if they keep bottling pulling the trigger on guys they're trying to push...

Plus point: glad Cody Rhodes picked up another clean win, it's good to see a heel doing that rather than the cheap wins Del Rio and the Miz seem to pick up all the time.

Booker T's commentary gets worse - everything he says seems to be 'Yo got to be kidding me!', 'Wait a minute' or 'Did you see that!'. Annoying as hell - bring back JBL!
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:09 am

Grecian wrote:
That main event booking had 'TNA' written all over it - too many run-ins, people acting completely against the grain (why the hell did R-Truth break the cover???), ref bumps, Kevin Nash... it was too much for what had been until that point a decent PPV.

Exactly what I was trying to say, but you explained it better.

Quote :
Bit annoyed that Cena is champ again, I'm guessing it's the standard knee-jerk reaction to bad ratings for Raw last week. WWE will never get a new generation of top-liners if they keep bottling pulling the trigger on guys they're trying to push...

I agree with you here as WWE need to stop relying on Cena too much as he won't be in WWE forever and the moment he goes WWE will have problems.

Quote :
Plus point: glad Cody Rhodes picked up another clean win, it's good to see a heel doing that rather than the cheap wins Del Rio and the Miz seem to pick up all the time.

I'm split on this on as whilst i'm glad Cody got a clean win, I just wish they had Ted do more as it looked too one sided for my liking.

Quote :
Booker T's commentary gets worse - everything he says seems to be 'Yo got to be kidding me!', 'Wait a minute' or 'Did you see that!'. Annoying as hell - bring back JBL!

Add to that his constant mistakes such as saying it's a sidewalk slam when it was a spinebuster (as Michael Cole pointed out) and it makes you think that if Booker T wasn't a former wrestler then everyone would be kicking off like they did Mike Adamle.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:38 am

Do you guys remember the trademarking of Mr Future Endevours? Booker T casually called Laurinitis that at the end of the PPV but not loudly and King spoke over the top of it, only if you were really listening would you have heard it.

I liked the PPV up until the last 10 mins, Miz and R-Truth's booking seemed odd but acceptable because of the 'conspiracy', Rhodes and DiBiase had a good match. I never thought I'd say this but I'm pleased Henry won! He deserves the belt for the way he's gone about his business for the last few months. He looks like a believable threat to everyone and his promos aren't half bad either!

The main event was really good until the run ins, you knew there would be at least Nash coming out but it didn't need Miz and Truth too! Haven't watched Raw yet but I'm sure they'll find some crappy way of explaining it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions   Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions Empty

Back to top Go down

Night of WTF... sorry I mean champions
Page 1 of 1