Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Reactions To CM Punks Promo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Reactions To CM Punks Promo Empty
PostSubject: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Quote :
CM Punk stole the show with his tremendous promo to end tonight’s Raw Roulette edition of WWE Raw. Several people have already taken to Twitter to voice their approval, below are some of the reactions:

Steve Austin: @CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo…delivery, content, and attitude…one of the best promos I’ve ever seen.

Taz: Punk did a great job & I always liked him when we were in wwe together and his work! But I must say… There r many of us who were NEVER pushed to the level Punk was & were NEVER allowed to shoot like that, he’s lucky he was allowed to do that

Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I’ll be watching. Captivating stuff.

Jim Ross: Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don’t know what to think. Wow.

Joey Styles: Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!

JBL: "CM Punk's promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well"

MVP: "My verdict after watching the @CMPunk promo, he just had his Austin 3:16 moment. Don't f*** this one up WWE"

Chris Jericho wrote the following on Twitter last night about CM Punk's RAW promo: "Congrats to @cmpunk and Vince McMahon for doing something tonight that hasn't been done in awhile...make history."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Quote :
While some people backstage knew it was coming, CM Punk’s shoot promo on Monday Night Raw certainly had everyone buzzing. When Punk started talking about being “a Paul Heyman guy,” and referenced controversial, past WWE names like Brock Lesnar, many wrestlers watching on the monitor were said to be “simply and solidly stunned” according to one WWE Superstar we spoke with, and several others were trying to find out Talent Exec John Laurinaitis’ reaction as well.

While no one believes Punk went into business for himself, the majority of the Raw locker room was said to be “in shock” (according to one source in production) over how strong the shoot promo was, and the delivery.

We will have tons more on this breaking story as it continues to develop.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:02 pm

I think MVP may have walloped the nail squarely on the head.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Quote :
Daniel Bryan wrote the following on Twitter this morning about CM Punk: "With revolution dripping off his lips with every word, @CMPunk was a god last night. "
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 am

Quote :
Numerous people have commented on the CM Punk promo on RAW:

Seth Rollins: "Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. @cmpunk holy f***. One more shout out to @cmpunk. I've always drawn comparisons to him, which is very flattering, but we are our own men. I'll have my time, but right now is his. Very excited for the future."

Kurt Angle: "CM Punk had classic promo last night. Good for Him. But if U ever say another word about Me again, Ur toast! If U don't believe Me, try Me!"

Tommy Dreamer: "Just watched @cmpunk promo. FN GREAT. WWE has everyone talking. Could actually create their own competition. Kudos 2 Punk & VKM b different"

Zach Gowen: "WWE shoulda gave @CMPunk the ball a long time ago. Dude connects with people on a whole other level. Mad love for punk. Outta this world."

Shane Helms: "And @CMPunk took his own "Rocket to the Moon" tonight!! I'm gonna have a drink in his honor! A big glass of Pepsi! :-)"

Batista: "well im embarrassed to say that i seem to be the only loser in the world that didn't see the cmpunk promo!! so my goal of the day is to see it. i was watching Pawn Stars. love me some Chumley!! heard he raised HELL though!!! i have house envy because of Punk by the way!"

Blue Meanie: "Just saw the @CMPunk end of RAW on YT. TREMENDOUS! Punks is 1 of the best on the mic. Congrats to #ColtCabana and #ROH for the shoutouts! WWE should let Punk go back to ROH with the WWE to play up the "I left" angle and eventually come back. WWE could give ROH a rub as a shot TNA as they did with ECW vs. WCW. They could do a "state of the WWE belt" and show Punk on ROH shows with the belt. There's so many cool things they could do. Not only for the storyline but also help a ROH get some good pub. Wrestling needs more companies to make it."

Shad Gaspard: "@CMPunk God DAMN I love you brotha!"

Trish Stratus: "Sorry @joeystyles but @cmpunk on #Raw...OMG! What did y'all think of that?"

Maria Kanellis: "After seeing the events of today. I have to say some people are THE BEST IN THE WORLD....Wink"

MVP: "My verdict after watching the @CMPunk promo, he just had his Austin 3:16 moment. Don't f**k this one up @wwe.
DEEP SOUTH WRESTLING Heyman: Hey man, let's take a walk outside. ME: sure. Conversation ensues. 2 weeks later shoot promo on creative team. 2 more weeks pass, MVP gets called up & does his 1st vignette. YES! I too, am a Heyman guy!"

JBL: "CM Punk's promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well"

JBL Via his Facebook: "I haven't watched a wrestling program since well before I left WWE 2+ years ago. Heard about CM Punk's promo and watched it this morning-WOW! That was awesome, as good as I have ever seen. I worked with CM when he first became champ-really enjoyed it and really happy to see what a stud he has become. When you can put doubt as to whether shoot or work-you have done your job very well!"

Shawn Michaels: "Gettin ready 2 head home. 2 words 4 @CMPunk- thata boy. Felt like old times. Anywho, back 2 my normal life, tweet u on touchdown:-)"

Chavo Guerrero: "Did u see @CmPunk promo last night? WOW! If all those things are being said by a guy being used...think how I feel! Good Job Punk! Work or shoot, @CmPunk 's promo was true. I know Punk & half if not all of that promo was off the cuff. Cm Punk has always done things his Way, and for that I admire him. Kudos Punker! Smile"

Bill DeMott: "CMPUNK put the lockerroom on notice...you better be #willing to step up! Things just got very real.who is #willing to take a chance?"

Taz: "Punk did a great job & I always liked him when we were in wwe together and his work! But I must say There r many of us who were NEVER pushed to the level Punk was & were NEVER allowed to shoot like that, he's lucky he was allowed to do that But it was very strong & real!! I liked a lot! Good stuff Punk!"
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm

taz is also bang on, it was good, but he is just one in a long line of people who "could have been pushed alot further" and to be fair, i thought punk was given a great chance with the ecw stuff and the follow up from that. And the straight edge stuff too. He's not exactly been overlooked for years upon years

hes been in wwe for 5 years

it took HHH 5 years to become THE GAME queen
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
taz is also bang on, it was good, but he is just one in a long line of people who "could have been pushed alot further" and to be fair, i thought punk was given a great chance with the ecw stuff and the follow up from that. And the straight edge stuff too. He's not exactly been overlooked for years upon years

hes been in wwe for 5 years

it took HHH 5 years to become THE GAME queen

Thing with Punk is that all the times WWE pushed him, they ended up abandoning the push and made him look incredibly weak:

1st MITB: wins th title from a weakened Edge, then gets presented as a weakened champ for months, before dropping the belt in a match he wasn't even in.

Straight Edge Society: all that good work gets utterly undone by him jobbing to the Big Show for months.

ECW: left ECW, goes to the Raw mid-card, and doesn't do anything of note at all.

He gets pushed, gets over, and then WWE just pulls the plug. He's never had a sustained push - if WWE had done, he could be the new Austin.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 pm

must be a reason though, vince wouldnt just get bored if there is potential to market the fuck out of someone. Is he a bit of a knob or something?

is his "not kissing ass" infact being a bit of a pain to other workers?

just trying to create debate, I have no idea what punk may or may not be like

I remember when ecw still existed there were 3 guys, Punk, Morrison and Burke, who all looked like they could be the future, punk got the main push, benoit happened and wwe went a bit weird for a while.

recently though, ive seen punk hit highs, but got bored of wwe and not seen the crash, did any of his pushes ending coincide with JERICHO returning, HHH being active again and taker showing up for once and edge returning after hed been out for a long while? could all be wanky timing.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:13 pm

Undertaker gave him a row once cos he didnt look the part or someshite like that when he was champ lol
Then a few weeks later he was no longer champ.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 pm

yep fergie he did Taker told him he should dress smarter now he's champion and punk turned round and said look at cena.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Quote :
The Rock
"CM Punk: it's simple business - The Rock is the main event at Wrestlemania cause it draws more money in one night, then u will in lifetime."
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reactions To CM Punks Promo   Reactions To CM Punks Promo Empty

Back to top Go down

Reactions To CM Punks Promo
Page 1 of 1