Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title

Go down 
+5
the-gaffer
Saint Jimmy
thegunman84
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
boschbourne06
9 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title Empty
PostSubject: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

Quote :
While original plans called for Rob Van Dam to retain his TNA World Heavyweight Championship in the 4-Way match at next month's Victory Road pay-per-view, there is now talk of Abyss winning the title. Hulk Hogan in particular is pushing for Abyss to win the strap. This would mean Hogan's match with Abyss at Bound for Glory would be with the title on the line.

Meanwhile, Van Dam's scheduled Bound for Glory match with Kurt Angle would be for the No. 1 contender's spot rather than the title.

A final decision has not been made but either Van Dam or Abyss will leave Victory Road as champion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Country : Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title Untitl11

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 am

An OAP vs a fat slob that only has a good match if it involves 5 litres of blood. For the main event of the companies biggest show of the year. What a shower of shit that would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 pm

You're wrong about Abyss Geronimo. Unfortunately many people seem to think that he's a terrible worker that needs to use loads of weapons in his matches, but that's just not true. He is a decent worker, but because of his association with glass etc the crowd is rarely into his matches without that stuff. Hogan definitely isn't a good opponent for him, but it makes sense from a storyline perspective.

One thing I'll say for sure, is that they need to get the title off of RVD ASAP. I'm a big fan of RVD, but his title run has been boring as fuck, and he just seems disinterested in both his promos and matches.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Hogan vs Abyss for the title at the biggest ppv of the year has buy rates written all over it lol!

I cant remember how long I said it was going to be before Hogan was going for the title. Seriously who would rather watch Abyss Hogan for the title over Angle RVD?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:57 pm

The only two guys who should be in with a look at the title are Kurt Angle and Mr Anderson, they are the two best characters on the show by a distance with Wolfe, Pope, Jeff Hardy and Robert Roode just behind
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
You're wrong about Abyss Geronimo. Unfortunately many people seem to think that he's a terrible worker that needs to use loads of weapons in his matches, but that's just not true. He is a decent worker, but because of his association with glass etc the crowd is rarely into his matches without that stuff. Hogan definitely isn't a good opponent for him, but it makes sense from a storyline perspective.

One thing I'll say for sure, is that they need to get the title off of RVD ASAP. I'm a big fan of RVD, but his title run has been boring as fuck, and he just seems disinterested in both his promos and matches.

I agree with you Gunman, I suggest all the Abyss haters go watch classic TNA footage on Youtube back when he was an atcual monster and didn't talk (he just made angry grunt noises) as this Abyss deserved the title and seeing as they are trying to go back to that Abyss, I hope they do give him the title for these reasons:

1) He is a TNA original right from day 1 (debuted under the name of Justice)

2) RVD has only been in TNA for a few months and gets everything handed to him because he is well known

3) They are trying to erase AJ Styles as the face of TNA and make RVD the face of TNA which is a joke (as much as I like RVD I didn't like his "I never liked you AJ and always thought you were overrated" comment even if it was part of the script).

Also I'm predicting the "they" who is refering too is Tommy Dreamer, Raven and Stevie trying turn abyss into a hardcore wrestler again, so that could be intresting if he does win the title.

That being said I can see Hulk Hogan winning the title at Bound for glory because he is an ego maniac and has been fucking up TNA ever since he got there(seriously Hogan, you want to push Abyss, then have him beat you in 5 seconds, lol!!)
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 pm

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
The only two guys who should be in with a look at the title are Kurt Angle and Mr Anderson, they are the two best characters on the show by a distance with Wolfe, Pope, Jeff Hardy and Robert Roode just behind

Whilst I agree I would put Samoa Joe and AJ Styles up there with Kurt and Anderson even though they have been crap ever since Hulk came on the scene as TNA need the old AJ Styles and Old Samoa Joe back although I must admit AJ's promo's have inproved (sadly his wrestling has gone down hill ever since the new ring layout).
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I don't know if Hogan will take the title, his body is so fucked it looks like he can probably only wrestle a match every 6 months or so, so puting the title on him would be a disaster. Hopefully they have thought about that.

Worthy, I'd say that Samoa Joe is starting to look a bit like the old Joe, just hope they follow through with it and don't fuck it up like every other time in the last 5 years that it's seemed like they have him on the right path.

I don't think AJ's ringwork has anything to do with the ring layout though, and more to do with his current gimmick. As a heel he can't really bust out his usual flashy moves as it would pop the crowd, and so they have him working a more ground based style which really doesn't suit him. After he inevitably splits from Flair and co. then we should hopefully see the old AJ again.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:43 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
I don't know if Hogan will take the title, his body is so fucked it looks like he can probably only wrestle a match every 6 months or so, so puting the title on him would be a disaster. Hopefully they have thought about that.

Worthy, I'd say that Samoa Joe is starting to look a bit like the old Joe, just hope they follow through with it and don't fuck it up like every other time in the last 5 years that it's seemed like they have him on the right path.

I don't think AJ's ringwork has anything to do with the ring layout though, and more to do with his current gimmick. As a heel he can't really bust out his usual flashy moves as it would pop the crowd, and so they have him working a more ground based style which really doesn't suit him. After he inevitably splits from Flair and co. then we should hopefully see the old AJ again.

I agree with you 100% although I still say Hulks going to do a Bret and win the title then set up some tournament for it on Impact as everything thats has been going on in TNA has his finger prints on it, here are a few examples:

1) Hulk had problems with Jeff Jarett in WCW (look it up on Youtube) and he tried to get his own back on Jeff by making him a heel which the fans saw through and the whole thing back fired on him.

2) Hulk does not like six sided ring so he got rid of it.

3) He tried to replace Jeremy Borash with his mate Bubba Lovesponge which also back fired (also Kong had a go at Bubba and she got sacked not long after).

4) He has stated quite openly that he is not happy about having to push people who he thinks does not belong in the mainevent scene which everyone has there own oppinion on this, but mine is he was talking about Daniels, Joe and AJ.

5) Big beefy wrestlers like Abyss get pushed because he likes wrestlers who looks like that.

6) He is not a fan of highflyers (except if they are a big WWE name it seems) so the X-Division has been reduced to Doug Williams trying to get them all to do submission wrestling (seriously Ultimate X submission match... WTF?).

7) Desmond Wolfe was voted number #1 on a fans poll for the number contender yet they still won't push him (presumebly because he's never been in WWE or WCW?).

...and don't get me started on RVD joining TNA, beat the legend Sting who is a big WCW name in a squash match, then winning the title within a month and not losing a single match in TNA since?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm not disputing any of that, and Hogan is so full of himself that it wouldn't surprise me if he did book himself to win the title, feeling that as he is the biggest star in wrestling history, that him holding the title might draw in viewers, just hoping that they have enough sense to see that it wouldn't work, and if anything is more likely to lose them even more viewers.

The booking of RVD in TNA I was fine with, he's a big star and they want to make him 'the man' in TNA. That's fair enough, but he hasn't really put in any effort since arriving in TNA, so I definitely think it's time to pull the plug on his push.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 pm

The only things that have improved in TNA since Hogan came in have been Lethal, Anderson, Pope, and Flair
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Country : Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title Ireland

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Hogan is contracted to work 6 matches for Spike. I don't know how many he has done so far. Two I think?

He isn't contracted to work any PPV's as far as I know.

I can only think of two or three reasons why he would.

a) Buy rate. Whatever else about Hogan, the thought of him as a World Champion (of whatever hue) could be a draw to casual or lapsed wrestling fans...seriously

2) WINNING the title allows him to drop it on TV to a big rating, thus cementing his position with spike TV.

iii) As said above. Putting Abyss over HUUUUUGE gives that character a lot of credence.

I can't believe that anyone in this era would be such an egomaniac that they would need the gold for self gratification. If it draws big ratings, then we could be stuck with it.

It could very possibly be one of the last rolls of the dice by TNA/SPike TV to get this Hogan experiment to actually work instead of totally and utterly ruining the product.
Back to top Go down
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!

Country : Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title Untitl11

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Abyss has been on fire since Slammiversary and (at this moment) I'm expecting him to pick up the Title at Victory Road. Abyss is the one who's looking strong and dominant and has got the better of RVD, Hardy and Anderson in recent weeks.

I definately wouldn't be against Abyss being the World Champion, especially with the ECW thing happening at the moment. Think it would be pretty cool if Abyss defeated either Anderson or Hardy (depending on what happens between them in the match) at Victory Road. Leading to a rematch with RVD at Hard Justice, the name and theme of the PPV fit perfectly with both of them too. This would also be a great time for the ECW guys to make their intentions known. They could look as though they were coming to help Van Dam, but attack RVD and help Abyss retain the World Title.

I've said before I wouldn't be opposed to Flair and Hogan wrestling at BFG, but not for a World Title. Hulk can hardly move and in no way could really warrant a Title shot, so I don't see that really happening TBH.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Enhancement talent wrote:

iii) As said above. Putting Abyss over HUUUUUGE gives that character a lot of credence.

c'mon, I know they're trying to get a casual audience, but a 7ft monster beating up a crippled, saggy, bald old man won't give Abyss any credence
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Country : Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title Ireland

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 am

Hogan laying down for anyone is still news in the industry I suppose. Doing it for Abyss sends a clear message. Its a seal of approval which does give Abyss credence as a real player. The victory in itself might not mean that much but in a wider context I think it would.

Whether that is at a PPV or on TV, a clean win should help TNA and Abyss.

To the casual viewer Hogan isn't a crippled, saggy, bald old man. He's the Hulkster brother!!

With that said, Hogan has shown no inclination to give anything to anyone EEEEEVER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title   Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title Empty

Back to top Go down

Major *Spoiler* On Both Hulk Hogan & The TNA Title
Page 1 of 1