Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More

Go down 
+7
Bobby Roode
RainbowDeej
shroom_v1
Rocky2
thegunman84
InvincibleIleak
JacMan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More Empty
PostSubject: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Joe White sent this along:

Hulk Hogan called into the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show this morning I did not catch the last part of the interview, but here is what I did hear:

He and Bubba talked about the Terrordome match and Hulk said that when he and Bubba were in the production meeting the day before, about 10 people said there was a decent door to the cage. He then got to the soundstage and found out it had no real door and that none of the wrestlers could climb out of the top, hence the DQ finish. There were plans for a big bump off the cage but it just was not possible. He and Bubba agreed that the Terrordome needs to be scraped for good.

About Jim Cornette: Bubba played Hulk some of the Who's Slamming Who podcast and Hulk said that he did not know Jim was so bitter. He said Jim has a good mind for the business and that he had plans for Jim to do something in TNA, but he does not need that negative attitude in there right now. Bubba made the comment that after the rating they got on Monday, Hulk needs to say what needs to be said and not be afraid to step on some toes.

About Mondays nights: Hulk says they have kinda dropped the ball by taping a Thursday show the day after going live and that right after he hangs up with Bubba he is gonna call Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff and the people at Spike and tell them that they need to be on Mondays live from now on. He says he knows that it will cost a ton of money but you gotta spend money to make money. Hulk says that he will get Vince's audience a bit at a time just like he did in WCW.

Hulk Says he talked to Bob Carter and Bob made the comment that Hulk knew what he was doing and that they needed a bigger building.

Bubba said that they are working on a deal to make nice with the "Bubba Army" based on what happened on Monday with the tickets and it sounded like they wanna rent a big building and run a free taping with only the Bubba Army being let in.

That is pretty much when I stopped listening as they were talking divorce drama after that and I have no interest in that.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Country : Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More England-1

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:54 pm

I wish Hogan would stop comparing TNA to WCW, it doesn't give off the right image in my opinion, and the more he says it's 'just like WCW' the more chance it will end 'just like WCW'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Nobody could climb out of the Steel Asylum? I know Homicide clearly had problems scaling it, but Kaz has previously won one of these matches and he was in the match as Suicide. Not that I disagree about it needing to go, they generally have a hard time catching the action with the cage obscuring the camera's view, although they do tend to be fairly good spotfest style matches
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about TNA going live on Thursdays (although I wouldn't see the point) but for them to go live on Mondays permanently ASAP is stupid, if the 1st show of that kind is crap, most casual non Hulkamanics will go back to watching RAW not giving TNA a second thought.

It would be better for TNA if they continue to get the same type of ratings they got this Monday consistently on Thursdays and then take a look at things.
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 pm

I agree with Hogan about the Asylum match. The cage itself looks very amateur with moving one side of it as a door, that side of the cage moving when somebody was sent into it and as for getting out the top, I know it's supposed to be a challange but that was too much on Monday.

As for a bigger building, I agree with Hogan on that point too. The Impact zone is far too small if they want to start pulling in bigger crowds
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Country : Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More Scotland-2

Number of posts : 362 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shelley, Robert Roode and Christian Cage.

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:32 am

I've heard that TNA are bringing in 'TNA Live' which nis apparently a radio programme which, you guessed it, WCW used in the late nineties.
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:55 am

They should just rename TNA WCW.V_2 now and get it over with
Back to top Go down
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 am

I've seen it mentioned that Hogan is keen on dropping the TNA name in favour of something else. Just called in WCW2
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Has nobody told Hogan that WCW lost the war?
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
Has nobody told Hogan that WCW lost the war?

Apparantly not
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Hogan gets a rough time off you lot doesn't he?

The guy has said all the right things so far, he has done alright on his first night and even managed to bag Jeff Hardy, a guy who at three seperate times last year held the Championship of the World in the WWE, what a coup!

Hogan is right, that terrordome is a mess, you can barely see anything on the camera, its not impossible but damn near torcher trying to get out, its dangerous as hell too, its just an awful gimmick match with no real promotion for the winner

People seem to be quick to shit all over what TNA are trying to do, they are going to make mistakes, particularly with Hogan and all the new guys just rolling up, but given time and given the chance, I believe they will be good for TNA and good for the business, as for comparing to WCW, they are comparing it because its comparable
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm

I don't like them comparing them to WCW, because for me, it puts me off rather than encourages me to watch.

Because while for you maybe you remember the good WCW before they collapsed, for someone like me, WCW isn't something you want to be like, it's the company that had the chance to topple WWF, but couldn't cope with all the big names.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Country : Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More Canada

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Kay Fabe™ wrote:
Hogan gets a rough time off you lot doesn't he?

But he brings a shit load of it on himself Gaff, the guy is his own biggest mark, stuff like him teaching Vince everything he know is just plain ridiculous.

I agree with him on this one though, that terrordome needs to go badly.

The problem I see with people comparing it to WCW is the fact that they compare it to the dieing WCW which isn't a good sign.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Quote :
The problem I see with people comparing it to WCW is the fact that they compare it to the dieing WCW which isn't a good sign.

This is what I meant basically.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Hogan never compares it to the dying WCW though, he compares it to when WCW where just finding their feet just before the spark in the market!

Of course Hogan is his own biggest mark, so is guys like Bret Hart, he talks big but at the end of the day he usually delivers, like him or not (which I never really have) the guy delivers

While it probably is a bit of fantasy that he taught Vince all he knows, he probably did help Vince out with a lot of the on screen work when Vince took over, Hogan by that time was the biggest star in Wrestling and knew what worked, no doubts he and McMahon bounced off each other
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:57 pm

I agree with a lot you said there Kayfabe, I do think TNA will become a much bigger promotion in the future. Hogan just seems to be throwing himself down everybodys throats. It's almost as if he wants to become Vince McMahon himself. He could still do a lot for the company without him and his buddies being on TV too much
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Quote :
Hulk says that he will get Vince's audience a bit at a time just like he did in WCW.

To quote Eric Bischoff TNA can be one of three things, they can be bigger than WWE, they can be less then WWE or they can be different than WWE, at the moment they can't be bigger than WWE, they don't want to be less than WWE so they have to be different than WWE. TNA are never going to better WWE as a family show so don't go for that demographic go for the 18-39 male audience, it's what WCW did and that worked really well for them, It will be a long time before TNA get close to Raw's ratings, WWE wasn't at it's strongest during the early to mid 90s when Vince was on trial for the steroid scandal. TNA have a lot more to do than WCW did and the sooner Hogan realises that the better.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Reaper wrote:
TNA are never going to better WWE as a family show so don't go for that demographic go for the 18-39 male audience, it's what WCW did and that worked really well for them

I agree with that now, TNA should definitely aim for that crowd, which they pretty much do anyway.

But I wouldn't say WCW particularly did that. When Raw stormed ahead that was because WWF was absolutely not a family show, WCW was by far the "cleaner" product.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:02 pm

I wouldn't say WCW was a cleaner show when they took over, it was because they where putting on a more adult orientated program while the WWF in 1996 where being ultra friendly
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah, at first I suppose.

Interesting though, that evidence would point to whoever's the more controversial wins...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Yeah I'd say thats been the case since the death of kayfabe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More   Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More Empty

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan Says Terrordome Needs To Go, Cornette, More
Page 1 of 1