Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? Empty
PostSubject: Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?   Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:20 am

Bryan Danielson signed with WWE several months ago and is currently awaiting to debut. Now there is no question that Danielson is one of THE best wrestlers in the world right now and quite possibly the best itself. But his style is something that is very different to what WWE currently produce. He's not of the WWE mold to say the least.
Now that WWE's target demographic has lowered to the younger teens, is Danielson someone that they would understand?

I've posted below the link to the first part of his recent match with Naruki Doi from DGUSA (as recommended by Gunman!) as an example of his quality but also to show it's a very different style to one that 99% of the WWE wrestlers use (Regal is about the only one that does)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJpSfuD5nMo

I'm just worried that he'll go completely over the head of kids that want to see Cena.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?   Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:18 pm

His style is certainly something completely different from the norm in WWE. Usually that's a good thing as it makes him stand out, but WWE doesn't seem to like individuality and he'll likely be sent to developmental for a while. Look at CM Punk, they signed him based on the quality of his work then decided he didn't fit their style, sent him to developmental, stripped away his regular moveset and turned him into KENTA-lite, and if it hadn't been for Paul Heyman he may never have got a call up to the main roster. I do think Danielson is the sort of guy who will be able to adapt to a different style anyway, and make it work.

Danielson has one thing in his favour, the fact he was trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal could at least help him in getting on screen time. I don't think his wrestling style will necessarily be a problem for the fans, the kids are more interested in the characters than the wrestling itself I feel, and the older fans should appreciate his ability. His biggest challenge for me is going to be developing a character that will get over, and not having his push stalled like Ziggler.

I think a big part of getting him over, will be to announce when he'll be debuting, and do it in the North East area, where several ROH fans will almost certainly show up to see it, and give him the sort of reaction needed to kick start his career in WWE.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?   Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Danielson for me is the WWE's long term natural replacement to Chris Beniot and I believe that will be enough to get him over with the fans like it did Beniot, I think he will have to scrap around he mid card for a long time occasionally getting to the big time but I think he will just be the go to guy for the WWE when they want a good match, if they do give him that role I'm sure he would be delighted with it, Beniot was a major player
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?   Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:38 pm

I haven't really seen that much of Danielson as I've never really watched RoH but I can say I have only heard good things about him, so I'm looking forward to him debuting
Back to top Go down
thejondog
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
thejondog

Location : London Number of posts : 43 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk Daniel Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?   Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:50 am

After watching part 1 of that match. I am instantly a fan. I just know that he will be forced to change his style unfortunately. People like him is what WWE is crying out for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?   Will the 'Universe' get Danielson? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the 'Universe' get Danielson?
Page 1 of 1