Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Huge TNA News

Go down 
+4
Grecian
feяgie22
kvh12345
Horizon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:20 am

Quote :
According to WrestleZone.com's own Mark Madden, TNA will be adding a second weekly show to their television schedule. When, you ask? Monday nights from 8:00-10:00PM ET head-to-head with WWE's RAW.

While the time frame of when this will happen isn't confirmed, we can report exclusively that a second show on Monday's from 8-10PM ET is in the plans right now.

[big][big][big]UPDATE[/big][/big][/big]

Quote :
Mark Madden TNA Discission of new show
The big fallout of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff signing with TNA hasn’t yet been announced, but TNA will ultimately debut a second show on Spike TV. It will air 8-10 p.m.Eastern time on Monday nights. Has a familiar ring, doesn’t it?

Bischoff used a head-to-head war with WWE to make WCW the ratings leader in sports entertainment, beating Vince McMahon for 84 consecutive weeks.

Can he do it again? If anybody can, Bischoff already did.

TNA’s key acquisition is Bischoff, not Hogan. At 56, with irreparable lower-body damage, Hulkamania can’t run wild, brother. On a good day, it can limp briskly.

But Bischoff knows how to wage this fight. He doesn’t have the checkbook TBS provided. But he has the acumen and experience.

One circumstance is very similar to the debut of TNT Monday Nitro on Sept. 4, 1995. WWE has a boring, trite product. If TNA does the right thing and puts Bischoff in complete control, there are holes he knows how to exploit.

Will Bischoff have complete control? No. But Hogan will. There’s NO WAY Hogan would have signed with TNA otherwise. Hogan isn’t working for Vince Russo. Vince Russo is working for Hogan. That won’t last long. Kevin Sullivan is used to tolerating and doing quick rewrites as demanded by Hogan. He’d be the logical pick as booker.

Some speculate that Hogan and Bischoff have a short-term deal based on selling Hogan’s book and getting Bischoff’s entertainment company a foothold with Spike TV. But a Monday night show indicates a long-term commitment.

The problem is, WCW gained a Monday night foothold by having better matches and cooler characters. Hogan can’t provide the former and isn’t the latter. TNA doesn’t have the budget to steal a parade of high-profile names from WWE. Can TNA afford to go live? That was a big component of Nitro’s success.

Nitro wasn’t really built around Hogan. In fact, when Hogan glommed onto the glory, that was when the ship began to sink.

Bischoff is a big positive. Hogan could be a big negative. His profile is nowhere near what it used to be. He stiffed in Memphis, his Australia tour isn’t selling and McMahon obviously won’t have him back. This is a last resort for TNA, and for Hogan.

Don’t be surprised when Ric Flair joins TNA. He’s already contractually tied to Hogan.

I can’t wait to see what Hogan cronies populate TNA. I can’t wait for Hogan to leg-drop Kurt Angle in the battle of American heroes. I can’t wait for Bubba the Love Sponge to send Mike Tenay back to busing slot machines at the Gold Coast. I can’t wait for Ed Leslie to beat A.J. Styles, or for Brian Knobbs to pin Samoa Joe. I can’t wait for Hogan to suck TNA dry, then search for his next mark like the locust he is.

I can’t wait, even though I know it’s going to end bad, because it will be exciting. The Monday Night War was real competition. When TNA pops up on Monday nights, McMahon will have to react.

It’s nostalgia, sure. You can’t go home again.

But it beats the bollocks off the current state of the business, which is boredom wrapped in stupidity. With head-to-head competition, if you don’t win, you lose. There’s accountability. There’s interplay between the shows. I bet Bischoff will come up with something to spotlight Raw’s guest host concept as the lame lazy booking it is.

Or he won’t. So he loses. So what? America wants winners and losers.

If anybody deserves to have her bank account siphoned, it’s Dixie Carter. What a dope. TNA’s rebirth is exciting to me, and to you, largely because it’s not our money. If I were Carter’s financial adviser, I’d caution her against throwing good money after bad. TNA can’t be elevated like WCW was. The climb is too high. TNA at its highest peak is nowhere near WCW at its lowest.

But that’s OK, because the boys make money, I get something to write about, and the potential for your entertainment is slightly higher. When Dixie goes broke, too bad. She’s always been an ATM. Hogan just has a higher withdrawal limit. JACKPOT!
Back to top Go down
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 am

damm its getting better whit the day for TNA also think russo wont be there much longer and if they are gonna have a monday show i am gonna stop watching WWE all together damm hope flair joins them just to piss vince off and great idea to swap mike for bubba the love sponge

some great things are going to hapen for TNA cant wait
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:24 am

even with hogan, going head to head with RAW is not the right move for TNA , staying on a thursday is doing fine, why move and lose ratings?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:20 am

If TNA goes head-to-head with Raw, TNA will get slaughtered. With no direct WWE competition on a Thursday when it airs in the US, it still draws a lot less than Smackdown. TNA's PPV buy-rates are nothing copared to WWE, and I can see Hogan going over someone to win the TNA world title. If that happens, and he goes over, say AJ, that'll do so much damage to TNA it's untrue.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Im a TNA Fan more than WWE as most people no on this board but going head to head with the WWE Raw will not do it any favours the only way i see it getting bigger ratings is if Raw has a boring match and people flick over to check it out
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:14 pm

It's far too soon for TNA to move to Monday nights, wait for a year and see what the ratings are and then if they are doing good then maybe move to Monday nights. The best thing Hogan is bringing to TNA is publicity, in the next few months TNA need to step it up a gear and put on the best matches they possibly can to keep fans watching the product, I think this is one of the reasons that AJ vs Daniels vs Joe 2 is the main event at Turning point.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:33 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
even with hogan, going head to head with RAW is not the right move for TNA , staying on a thursday is doing fine, why move and lose ratings?

they're not moving there adding another show
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Does it matter the show will get humped going head 2 head with Raw.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Down with WWE!

To be fair they aren't stupid.

Building up a wrestling company the size of TNA with the likes of WWE around is incredible really. I wouldn't write them off so quick.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 pm

right here how i think it will work.

normal main tna show on thursday, but on a monday have HOGAN and FLAIR as the figurheads, even if they just introduce shows, have there own factions , or manage agroup.

shove all the best X division talent on that show.

have grudge matches where the matches are more PPV like. but use the thursday show as the storyline base for TNA. simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huge TNA News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge TNA News   Huge TNA News Empty

Back to top Go down

Huge TNA News
Page 1 of 1