Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.

Go down 
+3
shroom_v1
JacMan
Keeno125
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 am

Hell In A Cell.

These 4 words are usually one every single Wrestling Fan is dying to hear, words that, when spoken fill you with an excitement that can only be matched by very few other things. Personally, i adore this type of match. I think that the sheer brutality it brings serves as brilliant entertainment, and also a very good chance for some of the Finest Athletes in the World to put their bodies to the test.

Infact, looking back you could argue that some of the best ever matches in WWE/F have been HIAC matches. Who can honestly say they weren't fully entertained when Undertaker threw Mankind from the top of the Cell onto the commentator's table below. Or what about when HHH took that 2X4 Barbed and set it on Fire, and planted it into the face of Cactus Jack. The truth is people, I could go on for a very long time, going through all the great HIAC moments and everyone of them would be just as entertaining as the last.

Throughout the years, there have been very few HIAC matches compared to other stipulations, but in my honest opinion, I always liked it like that, it made the excitement that much bigger when one was finally announced. Some of the best wrestlers to ever serve the company have been in HIAC. Stone Cold, The Rock, Taker, HHH, Michaels, again I could go on. I think that if you asked any of these men to describe some of their best moments, they would reply with "When I competed in a Hell In A Cell match".

In just under 2 weeks time there's going to be a very special PPV. "Hell In A Cell" will be an event in which every single event will take place within the cell. At first, when you hear that there's going to multiple HIAC matches, you think " You effing beauty ". But when you think about, what reason do WWE have to do this? I think the PPV is a massive mistake, you may agree with me, or you may not and that's your opinion and i'll respect it no matter what, but allow me to explain why i think it's not good.

1. Having multiple HIAC matches, in my opinion completely destroys the legacy of Hell In A Cell, it's the type of match that is going to be entertaining no matter what the outcome, and that's what made it so special whenever one was announced, the fact that there was only ever one every year or two made it that bit sweeter when you got to watch it. Having a whole PPV of them runs the risk of ruining that special feeling a HIAC match came with. Especially given the fact that myself, and i've read many other posters saying that there is just far too many PPV's nowadays, and most of them are boring or stupid. I have a really bad feeling that this upcoming PPV could go either way, if it's good, it'll be absolutely fantastic and one that you will remember forever. If it's bad, it will destroy the once brilliant Legacy of Hell In A Cell.

2. As i mentioned earlier, some of the greatest wrestlers have been involved in this stipulation. And i think that, given the legacy HIAC comes with, only the greatest DESERVE to be in such a match up. Nobody can argue that The Rock, Taker, Stone Cold,Angle, HHH, Foley etc deserved to be in these matches. They were some of the best. Now we have the likes of Kofi Kingston and The Miz in HIAC. Don't get me wrong, i respect both of these guys and think that they will go on to do great things in the business. But at the current time, they are nowhere near as good as for example, The Rock or Stone Cold were when they competed in HIAC. Maybe one day in the future when they have elevated themselves to do great things in WWE will the truely deserve one, but right now? No way.

Again, this is all just my opinion, but I truely am more anxious than excited about the upcoming PPV. And i can only pray that it goes well, for the sake of every single watching fan in the WWE universe, and for the once great legacy, of Hell In A Cell.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 pm

I think it's just the main events that are HIAC. Legacy/DX Orton/Cena and presumably Punk/Taker.

Fair point about the gimmick possibly being ruined ny this PPV. I prefer HIAC matches at Summerslam so i get really excited for them but now as a ppv is called hiac i know when they are going to take place and some of the surprise factor is lost.
Back to top Go down
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Yeah, i hope that's the case anyway.

But yeah when you have them at PPVs like Summerslam ( which is already one of the most exciting IMO ) it makes it sooooo much better.
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:26 am

I hope that only two (at the most) of the matches are HITC. Like you say it would ruin the whole event if every match was inside the structure. How could the main event top the opening match if every match was the sime stipulation?

Isn't there a PPV coming up called TLC as well? Even though we've just had Punk vs Hardy TLC match a month or so ago.
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Number of posts : 362 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shelley, Robert Roode and Christian Cage.

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:00 am

As a TNA fan I think that when Lockdown comes around, by the third match you're bored of the cage stipulation. I think that what'd be better would be what others have said- just have the main matches as HIAC
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 am

it is just Main Events in the hell in a cell there will be 3 Hell in a cell

Orton Vs Cena
DX Vs Legacy
And Smackdowns Main Event

like it was a breaking point just shows how much of a main event ECW is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
jaber
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
jaber

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

john cena is best
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:11 pm

jaber wrote:
john cena is best

Explain please.

Names of people who are better than Cena in the ring (Present day could name a lot more from the past)
Robert Roode
Kurt Angle
Taker
HHH
Edge
HBK
Orton
Jericho
CM Punk
Brian Danielson
William Regal
Swagger
AJ
Christian
MVP
Kofi
Bourne
Chavo
Ted Dibiase
Big Show
Shelton benjamin
Alex Shelly
Chris Sabin
John Morrison
Matt Hardy
Jay Lethal
Rey Mysterio
Carlito
Primo
Tyson Kidd
R Truth
And i could name more

Now shut up kid
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 pm

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:56 pm

I don't like the idea of having three Hell in a Cell matches in one night, I also think this could make the dream Hell in a Cell match impossible, I'm talking about HHH vs The Undertaker, both are at their best inside the cell and with Taker's career drawing to a close he mightn't be here this time next year and with the Hell in a Cell ppv there won't be one announced for any other ppv.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.   'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy. Empty

Back to top Go down

'Hell In A Cell' - A True Legacy.
Page 1 of 1